Subject: Skey and Authserv

From: Naresh Narang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:15:20 +0530

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello

        I downloaded skey.tar.gz in patches directory from tis.com. It
does not compile. It shows some error in a .c file. The patch for skey
given is not getting applied and it shows failed at Hunk 9 and at Hunk
30. Then I downloaded skey from the  reference for skey given in the
docs: ftp://thumper.bellcore.com/pub/nmh. This package also does not
compile. I am using RH Linux 5.2 and it has got all the libraries etc
and I have not had this type of problem any time earlier.

    Please someone tell me which auth. scheme to use for Authserv of
FWTK and where I could find it.. I could not install Authserv because of
these problems with skey.

Thanks a lot.

N.K. Narang

---

From: Markus Schreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:12:48 +0100

Hi Naresh,
i also had some problems with getting skey to work. I found somewhere skey-2.2
which did compile. It is not ment for use with fwtk in the first place and as fare
as i can remember i had to change some link-options in the Makefile of fwtk or of
skey. The keyinit-program needs the users in /etc/passwd. But that can be changed
in the sources.

If you can't find the version i mentioned please let me know and i will have a
closer look to my files. Perhaps i can find the link again.

Greetings from Paderborn, Germany

Markus