Subject: SOCKS proxy

From: "Yakov Kravets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:39:30 -0500 (EST)

I have put together a socks-gw proxy. From the name you can tell that it
implements SOCKS protocol. The goal for this project was to integrate
SOCKS proxy into FWTK.
At this time it only implements CONNECT request and I'm working on getting
BIND done.

I thought I'll share my work with the community.
Feadback could be send to [email-masked].

HNY everybody.

-------------------------------------
Yakov Kravets, CISSP, NeubergerBerman

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:03:43 +0300

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

nuqneH,

I started hacking the similar thing based on Dante (the only free socks5
implementation i am aware of). Too bad i was too lazy to write it from
the scatch because i realized soon that Dante is _terribly_ ugly^H^H^H^H^H
inflexible by design. The same company seems to do some Cobol programming
and i don't think it is coincidence ;) 

I have hacked serverconfig.c with rulespermit() function that reads 
netperm-table instead of sockd.conf ruleset so far but i don't think it is
way to go. BTW why do you implement socks4, not 5?

Yakov Kravets" <[email-masked]> said :

> [To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
> BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]
> 
>   This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
>   while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
>   Send mail to [email-masked] for more info.
> 
> --497816849-131490204-947011170=:29752
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
> 
> 

                                     _     _  _  _  _      _  _
 {::} {::} {::}  CU in Hell          _| o |_ | | _|| |   / _||_|   |_ |_ |_
 (##) (##) (##)        /Arkan#iD    |_  o  _||_| _||_| /   _|  | o |_||_||_|
 [||] [||] [||]            Do i believe in Bible? Hell,man,i've seen one!