Subject: NFS proxy

From: Tim Sailer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:36:12 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I know, I know... but we have some real need for mounting a remote
disk to and internal machine at times. Does anyone have such a beast?

Tim

-- 
 (work) [email-masked] / (home) [email-masked] - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
                 "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
  -- Yoda
** Disclaimer: My views/comments/beliefs, as strange as they are, are my own.**

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:57:55 -0500

>disk to and internal machine at times. Does anyone have such a beast?
Typical NFS involves TCP and UDP services and several ports. You can 
probably use plug-gw for the portmapper; if you can use TCP rather than UDP 
for the NFS data, you might be able to cobble something together but it 
won't be pretty.

There are commercial firewalls that support NFS. Maybe they've figured out 
a way to do this securely (unlikely, but you never know.)
         -Rick