Subject: problem with smap and reverse DNS

From: "José M. Fandiño" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:45:22 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I'm actually  having a problem with a bad inverse referral of my
upstream provider and it is out of my scope.

The error happen one time the bad referral is detected (see log report
below), the smap think what the mail is not local and systematically
deny the incoming mail with a "Mail not local"

Jan 12 01:43:34 fire named[125]: bad referral (140.194.in-addr.arpa !<
64.140.194.in-addr.arpa)
Jan 12 01:43:34 fire smap[13957]: 194.140.64.229 host address lookup
failed
Jan 12 01:43:34 fire smap[13957]: connect host=unknown/194.140.64.229
Jan 12 01:43:34 fire smap[13957]: deny host=unknown/194.140.64.229 use
of gateway
Jan 12 01:43:34 fire smap[13957]: fwtksyserr: Mail not local
<[email-masked]>   

whatever help/refence will be welcome.

Thx

-- 
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCC d- s+: a- C+>+++ UL++++ P+ L+++ E--- W++ N+ o+ K- w---
O M V- PS PE+ Y PGP+>+++ t+ 5 X+++ R- !tv b+++ DI-- D+++
G e- h++ !r !y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------