Subject: Re: FWTK https connect security hole

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:53:21 +0300

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

nuqneH,

I don't use http-gw for handling incoming connections for now, but, afair,
you can restrict destinations and some operations using netperm-table
entries, am i wrong?
                                     _     _  _  _  _      _  _
 {::} {::} {::}  CU in Hell          _| o |_ | | _|| |   / _||_|   |_ |_ |_
 (##) (##) (##)        /Arkan#iD    |_  o  _||_| _||_| /   _|  | o |_||_||_|
 [||] [||] [||]            Do i believe in Bible? Hell,man,i've seen one!

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:44:38 -0500

>you can restrict destinations and some operations using netperm-table
No, you're not wrong - but there's still a problem. The destination 
permissions don't include destination port restrictions. If you permit 
someone to connect to your web server, they can connect to any port on that 
machine.
         -Rick