Subject: RSTP or RA proxy?

From: "Naresh Narang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:56:40 IST

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

The site real.com has two proxies:

RSTP and RA Proxy.

I have not gone into details, If anyone knows which one to use for which 
purpose please let me know.

Thanks

N.K. Narang
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: "Philip J. Hollenback" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:30:59 -0800 (PST)

There are two proxies because Real changed their protocol between
versions 5 and 6 (G2).

thus, if you want to fully support real audio, etc, you must run both
proxies.

P.

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:15:22 -0500 (EST)

The rstp proxy is used for rstp protocols which were implemented with the
g2 real-player.  the ra proxy implements the pna protocol which was used
with real-player version 5.

Most real audio servers still use pna protocol.  However, the number of
rstpd servers is growing quickly.

ted keller