Subject: Aol Instant messager

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:38:17 +1000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Help. How do I let Aol Instant messager through the FWTK. 
I have followed the instructions in the FWTK FAQ for the Aol Client.  The only
thing i get is connection interrupted..

Thanks Roman

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:32:04 -0800 (PST)

[email-masked] said ...
> thing i get is connection interrupted..

I've never really gotten it to work using plug-gw.  Instead, I've
installed socks and configured AIM to use the socks proxy.

-- 
Peter A. Castro ([email-masked]) or ([email-masked])

---

From: Penty Wenngren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:20:15 +0100

> thing i get is connection interrupted..

The nice part about AIM is that the server listens to all ports. I sit behind a
Gauntlet firewall and I use the telnet port for my AIM. Works like a charm :)

-- 

Penty Wenngren // Graphium Norstedts Tryckeri AB

---

From: [email-masked] (Winslow, Frank)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:03:41 -0800

I have been using AIM via HTTPS proxy and it seems to work fine. No configuration
change to FWTK.

In AIM preferences - connection, choose connect using proxy, protocol HTTPS, and
give it your host and port for your HTTP-GW proxy.

Frank.