Subject: question about fwtk toolkit

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:12:14 +0800

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

1.Is there any product in FWTK to setup pop3 proxy service?

 that means my client inside Firewall can receive any
 pop3 server mail he want .

2.Does anybody used to setup FWTK in Digital Server?

  Does any one know if I can set NAT (like checkpoint)
  in FWTK under digital server 4.0D OS enviroment?

Vincent Huang

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 09:15:33 -0500 (EST)

Vincent,

You can use plug-gw for your pop mail services.  There is also a pop-gw
proxy available at www.fwtk.org.   Either should work well.

To connect to multiple pop servers, you must allocate a different port to
each pop server.  For example

4119 - pop server a
4219 - pop server b
4319 - pop server c

Your clients then connect to the pop server of choice by always conneting
to your firewall - then specifying the appropriate port to connect to the
remote pop server.

No - the firewall does not do NAT.  However, all accesses to the internet
appear to come from the external IP address of the firewall.  The internal
machines are hidden.

ted keller

---

From: "Jonathan B. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 10:20:13 -0500

I'm not quite sure if pop-gw is the same as plug-gw, in case it isn't plug-gw gives
you the same functionality but with a wider range of uses and it is documented in
the fwtk package.

--
Jonathan B. Smith
Network Administrator
Baja Systems Inc.
507 W Duttons Mill Rd.
Aston, PA 19014
610-471-0200

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:24:13 -0500

>  pop3 server mail he want .

There is a pop-gw, you should find a pointer to it on www.fwtk.org.  I
don't know whether it can go to multiple servers.

>   in FWTK under digital server 4.0D OS enviroment?

I don't see why not.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:25:29 +0300

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

nuqneH,

What's wrong with pop3-gw? It does exactly what original poster needs
and does not require playing with port numbers and so on.

> >   in FWTK under digital server 4.0D OS enviroment?

                                     _     _  _  _  _      _  _
 {::} {::} {::}  CU in Hell          _| o |_ | | _|| |   / _||_|   |_ |_ |_
 (##) (##) (##)        /Arkan#iD    |_  o  _||_| _||_| /   _|  | o |_||_||_|
 [||] [||] [||]            Do i believe in Bible? Hell,man,i've seen one!