Subject: Mailertable

From: "Naresh Narang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:57:04 IST

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Jussi:

Mailertable did not work:
In sendmail.cf:

Kmailertable hash /etc/mailertable.db

and with following entry for MX record in *forward file of DNS on Firewall:

*.foo.com.       IN      MX      10       internal.host.foo.com

The mailertable is made like this:

text file mailertable contains:

foo.com     smtp:[internal.host.foo.com]
.foo.com     smtp:[internal.host.foo.com]

#makemap hash mailertable.db < mailertable

The internal and firewall boxes are running RH Linux 5.2 sendmail 8.8.7.

Regards,
N.K.Narang

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Jussi Torhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:52:15 +0200 (EET)

> The internal and firewall boxes are running RH Linux 5.2 sendmail 8.8.7.

Here a working test site running RH 6.1 with sendmail-8.9.3-15:

# grep mailertable /etc/sendmail.cf
Kmailertable hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable

# cat  /etc/mail/mailertable
foo.com     smtp:[internal.host.foo.com]
.foo.com     smtp:[internal.host.foo.com]

# grep internal.host.foo.com /etc/hosts
10.20.30.40	internal.host.foo.com

# cd /etc/mail ; makemap hash mailertable.db < mailertable

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail restart

Works here fine. Cannot say about mailertables and sendmail-8.8.7 because
we don't use those old sendmail releases anymore.

For named you must declare those MX records to point to this particular
sendmail host, but you cannot list the domains is /etc/sendmail.cw file.
Instead declare those static SMTP routes using mailertable and sendmail
takes incoming mail from internet and forwards all the into the intranet
mail host transparently.

Jussi

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Jussi Torhonen   | E-mail:              [email-masked]
Tietosavo Oyj    | Corporate website:       http://www.tietosavo.fi
Kuopio, Finland  | Personal homepage:          http://www.iki.fi/jt