Subject: SMAP/SMAPD and chrooting

From: "Todd Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:05:32 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

For those of you running SMAP and/or SMAPD  chrooted,

(Running FWTK 2.1 on Redhat 5.2.)

What do I need to do to set this up?  The last time I tried it, it didn't
work.  I'm trying to get back to it.
Any configuration examples would be great!  (ie. which files are needed in
the chrooted environment, etc.)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Todd Williams

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:50:32 -0500 (EST)

Todd,

smapd, in its distributed form, does not run chrooted.  The big issue it
has is calling sendmail from the chrooted environement.  You have to
create everything that sendmail needs.

A second issue is the location of the temporary files that smap creates.
If you use the chrooted envronment of smap, you have to make sure that
smapd directory entry fully qualifies the path that smap is using (they
are operating under different file system roots).

That being said, you should be able to include the 

smap, smapd:	directory	/var/inspool ....

ted keller