Subject: newbie

From: M Sreenivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:24:52 +0530

Help,
        I have just got fwtk 2.1 installed on my RH Linux System,
I am trying to test the tn-gw, Now whaat is happening is when i try to
connect to fwtk proxy ( I put auth scheme for tn-gw in
netperm-table) proxy server says user doesnt exist. I have
created,enabled the users from authsrv. Please help me to come out of
this.
 Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards
Sreenivas

---

From: Markus Schreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:18:54 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello M. Sreenivas,
i'm just someone who played around with fwtk a little... And one ore two ideas
are actualy from people who helped me to get things working.

You can put the following line at the end of your netperm-table:
authsrv:        deny-operation user * * *
This will deny any operation which is not allowed in advance. You will not get
a "user not found" message any more.

My telnet-Line looks like this:
tn-gw: permit-hosts * -auth -extnd -dest *
I found out, that the "-dest *" is essential. It changes the behaviour of
telnet and authserv quit a bit.
Now i do all "allowing ore forebidding with authserv:
Some lines might be:

authsrv:        permit-operation group admin telnet-gw <IP-of Firewall-Net>
authsrv:        permit-operation user * telnet-gw <IP-of Local net>
authsrv:        deny-operation   user * telnet-gw <IP-of Firewall-Net>
authsrv:        permit-operation user * telnet-gw *
authsrv:        deny-operation user * * *

Hope that helps, ohterwise you are welcome to conntact me.

Markus Schreier

ORDIX AG
Aktiengesellschaft fuer Software, Beratung und Systemintegration

M Sreenivas wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                    Name: seenu.vcf
>    seenu.vcf       Type: VCard (text/x-vcard)
>                Encoding: 7bit
>             Description: Card for M Sreenivas