Subject: Skey and Authserv

From: Naresh Narang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:37:16 +0530

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello

        I downloaded skey.tar.gz in patches directory from tis.com. It
does not compile. It shows some error in a .c file. The patch for skey
given is not getting applied and it shows failed at Hunk 9 and at Hunk
30. Then I downloaded skey from the  reference for skey given in the
docs: ftp://thumper.bellcore.com/pub/nmh. This package also does not
compile. I am using RH Linux 5.2 and it has got all the libraries etc
and I have not had this type of problem any time earlier.

    Please someone tell me which auth. scheme to use for Authserv of
FWTK and where I could find it.. I could not install Authserv because of
these problems with skey.

Thanks a lot.

N.K. Narang

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:10:18 -0500

At 10:37 AM 1/20/00 +0530, Naresh Narang wrote:
>does not compile. It shows some error in a .c file.
The older skey sources use functions for disabling/enabling terminal echo 
that aren't understood by some UNIX systems. Since you're actually never 
going to use those with FWTK, you can comment out the lines that are giving 
you errors until things compile. Don't use the 'key' program built that way 
- it'll echo your password.
         -Rick