Subject: For fwtk.org mirror admins: status

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:34:51 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I apologize for blasting this out to the entire FWTK list, but
unfortunately my old company killed off my FWTK mirror e-mail list
before I could save it.

The main www.fwtk.org site has been upgraded to a new/fast Sun box. We
now have 18GB of disk space to "play" with, along with with a much more
secure site.

However, this upgrade broke existing mirroring sites.

To fix this, mirror site admins will need to make the following changes:

1) Change mirroring login name from "ftpmirror" to "ftpmirro". This is
due to a restriction in the length of login names under Solaris. The
password should stay the same.

2) Download and install the wu-ftpd patch for mirror. You can find the
patch at:
	http://sunsite.org.uk/packages/mirror/ftp.pl_wupatch

The mirror home site is at:
	http://sunsite.org.uk/packages/mirror/

3) (optional) Read and install the security fix for the " .." file name
bug in mirror. Info is at:
	http://sunsite.org.uk/packages/mirror/security_note.txt

If anyone has any questions, either e-mail me here or at home
([email-masked]).

-- 
--Keith Young
-Director of Customer Care/Support, V-ONE Corp.
[email-masked]