Subject: Re: HLP: Applying patches

From: Tony Mai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:41:46 -0500 (EST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Thanks Keith.

------Original Message------
From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
To: Tony Mai <[email-masked]>
Sent: February 22, 2000 3:22:23 PM GMT
Subject: Re: HLP: Applying patches

Tony Mai wrote:
>
> When I downloaded fwtk 2.1 from the ftp site, I noted there were some
> patches files located under the patches directory. I have a few questions
> and would appreciately greatly if someone can point me to the right
> direction.
>
> 1)Are those patches to be applied on top of 2.1?

No. Those are the 2.0 patches.

> 2)Is there a quick way (a script perhaps) to apply all the patches? It
would
> be painful and errorprone to do it by hand.

Newer (and non-official) patches for 2.1 can be found at the FWTK FAQ
site:
http://www.fwtk.org/

If you need help applying the patches, Joe Yao wrote an excellent
tutorial on how to use the "patch" program:
http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/docs/documentation.html#3.3

--
--Keith Young
-Director of Customer Care/Support, V-ONE Corp.
[email-masked]

.................................................................................
iWon.com     http://www.iwon.com     why wouldn't you? 
.................................................................................