Subject: FWTK - Filtering content

From: "Larry Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:04:51 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Does anyone know how to configure FWTK to filter content through JunkBuster?
I want to leave the proxies on the default ports, but filter incoming info
through junkbuster.
ie Internet:80 -> Proxy -> Junkbuster -> localnet:80

also I was thinking about running POP through BlackMail or some other email
SPAM filter.

Ant thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry

---

From: Michel Bardiaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 10:16:47 +0100

> ie Internet:80 -> Proxy -> Junkbuster -> localnet:80

Depends where JunkBuster runs.

If on the FW, it must accept requests on port 80, and forward them to
http-gw,
which must accept on some other port.

However, IIRC JunkBuster allows fine control on which origin sites to
filter,
how to handle cookies, etc... which are things each user might wish to
control personnally, in which case it might be better to allow each user
to designate one (intranet!) machine to be used as his JunkBuster
server,
in which case the FW needs no tinkering.

-- 
Michel Bardiaux
UsrConsult S.P.R.L.  Rue Margot, 37  B-1457 Nil St Vincent
Tel : +32 10 65.44.15  Fax : +32 10 65.44.10