Subject: Re: smap problems

From: [email-masked] (James Seymour)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:18:54 -0500 (EST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:34:55 +1100
> From: Pauline van Winsen <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: smap problems 
> 
> At 10:09 AM 2/23/00 +1000, Ken Blinco wrote:
> >
> >I'm posting this just to see if anyone else out there has had similar
> >problems, and if so, what did they do to fix the problem.
> 
> not specific to your problem but i "fixed" my smap problems quite 
> some years ago by switching to smtpd: 
[snip]

It seems I've seen a number of smap-related questions go by of late.
As I noted to the mailing-list a couple of weeks ago: I solved my smap
problems (under Gauntlet) with Postfix (http://www.postfix.org).

Works like a champ.  And spam is reduced vastly.

Postfix uses an architecture similar to the smap/smapd/sendmail
combination used by Gauntlet/TWTK.  But the thing is a complete
"from-scratch" implementation of a secure e-mail MTA.  Its creator is
Wietse Venema.  (Author of TCP wrappers and other tools.  Co-author of
SATAN.)

One of Postfix's best features, IMO, is that its configuration files
don't look like line noise :-).

Regards,
Jim
-- 
Jim Seymour                         | Medar, Inc.
[email-masked]                  | 24775 Crestview Ct.
Systems & Network Administrator     | Farmington Hills, MI. 48335
                                    | FAX: (248)477-8897