Subject: http-gw logging options question

From: "Todd Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:10:29 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I attempted to send this to lists.nai.com, and it didn't make it out.  Here
is the second attempt, this time to ex.tis.com.

Is there an easy way to allow http-gw to log what web sites the proxy users
are browsing?  I've looked at the documentation and read the FAQ's and
haven't found anything that covers that subject.  The -log option for ftp-gw
works great.  I'm currently using "-log {read write ftp}" on the http-gw
configuration in netperm-table.  Am I missing something?

I'm not really looking for content filtering, although that might eventually
be an option, I'm simply looking for a way to log the web sites users are
visiting.  Running on FWTK 2.1.

Thanks,

Todd

---

From: [email-masked] (Turpanov A.A.)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:56:17 +0900

It seems to me that squid + sqmgrlog is what you really need.

Alexei Turpanov

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:10:04 -0500

> configuration in netperm-table.  Am I missing something?

Doesn't -log on the http-gw hosts line work for you?  I believe that's
what we're using.  Checked - yes.  We have -log { all }.  I'd have to
check in the source code what options are available to http-gw.  What
version?

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.