Subject: HLP: Applying patches

From: Tony Mai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:12:45 -0500 (EST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello all,

When I downloaded fwtk 2.1 from the ftp site, I noted there were some
patches files located under the patches directory. I have a few questions
and would appreciately greatly if someone can point me to the right
direction.

1)Are those patches to be applied on top of 2.1?

2)Is there a quick way (a script perhaps) to apply all the patches? It would
be painful and errorprone to do it by hand.

Thanks,
Tony Mai

.................................................................................
iWon.com     http://www.iwon.com     why wouldn't you? 
.................................................................................

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:22:23 -0500

> 1)Are those patches to be applied on top of 2.1?

No. Those are the 2.0 patches.

> be painful and errorprone to do it by hand.

Newer (and non-official) patches for 2.1 can be found at the FWTK FAQ
site:
	http://www.fwtk.org/

If you need help applying the patches, Joe Yao wrote an excellent
tutorial on how to use the "patch" program:
	http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/docs/documentation.html#3.3

-- 
--Keith Young
-Director of Customer Care/Support, V-ONE Corp.
[email-masked]