Subject: newbie pop3 and DNS

From: Jean-Martin Guay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:03:19 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I'm trying to let pop pass thrut a new firewall that i'm setting.
I followed the howto with the plug-gw using the port 2009 as the doc said.
But it does not work.

here are my settings and adn my log messages taht are returned

/etc/services

pop-gw	2009/tcp
mail-gw	2010/tcp

/etc/inetd.conf

pop-gw	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/etc/local/etc/plug-gw 2009
mail-gw	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/etc/local/etc/plug-gw 2010

/usr/local/etc/netperm-table

plug-gw:	port 2009 my.net.* -plug-to popmail.host	-port 110
plug-gw:	port 2010 my.net.* -plug-to popmail.host	-port 25

Here are the log messages that i have

localhost plug-gw[699]: my.machine.doing.emailcheck host adress lookup failed
localhost plug-gw[699]: deny host=unknown/my.machine.doing.emailcheck 
service=2009

Can anyone help me

any responses TIA

JM