Subject: winsock

From: [email-masked]
Date: 09 Feb 00 21:20:56 -0600

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello fellow fwtk users,

I am wondering if it is possible to use winsock proxying to get windows machines, IIS 
Exchange, to listen to the external port on the FWTK for incoming requests.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Toby

[email-masked]

Download NeoPlanet at http://www.neoplanet.com

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:34:54 -0500

> Exchange, to listen to the external port on the FWTK for incoming requests.

Very bad idea.  Why not just let FWTK do normal SMTP mail proxying, and
then let the MS machine inside handle it, if you have to?  You do not
want to "proxy" all Winsock sockets to the outside, because that's
essentially identical to replacing your firewall machine with a piece
of copper wire.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.