Subject: smap once again ...

From: "Johann G. Hautzinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:32:35 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

hi all,

from time to time (especially when sending out mails to a lot of
recipients) i get the following error:

Feb  9 09:11:43 hostname smap[8041]: fwtksyserr: Reset state

following questions arise:

1. what is this?
2. where does it come from?
3. what can i do to prevent it?
4. have i overread the important part in the docu?

maybe you can answer one or two of them

i am using fwtk 2.1 with yao-smap.pch applied on SuSE 6.1

*greetz* from Vienna

Hannes

-- 
Johann Georg Hautzinger,  email: [email-masked],  Tel.: 531 00 1907
Erste Bank AG - OE 0423 - Orga./Entw. Treasury u. Orga.Wertpapier
Boersegasse 14, 1010 Wien            http://treasury.erstebank.at

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:54:32 -0500

>Feb  9 09:11:43 hostname smap[8041]: fwtksyserr: Reset state

That means that a mail server sent a "RSET" (reset state) command. This is 
common and nothing to worry about. RSET is used to reset the SMTP 
connection to the initial state; after RSET, the sender can use a new MAIL 
FROM and RCPT TO command; this permits a mail server to send multiple 
messages to a destination network over a single SMTP connection.
It's not logged because it's something to worry about - it's logged in the 
interest of logging everything that takes place.
         -Rick