Subject: problem with http-gw and ftp-proxy (III)

From: "José M. Fandiño" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 18:02:29 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

H.,

no, my intention is what http-gw manage http and ftp request, but ftp
request are relied to ftp-gw. I found two solutions, but both don't work
for me.

1.- according to FAQ
You should add a "ftp-proxy" line in your netperm-table. What "ftp-proxy
foo" should do is to change the handling of ftp URLs from connecting to
the target host to using the given ftp host. For example, if you send
"ftp://target/dir/file" with a line in your netperm-table like "http-gw:
ftp-proxy proxy" what will change is that the http-gw will connect to
host "proxy" on the ftp port, then send "user   anonymous@target" as the
user (expecting that there's a ftp-gw proxy in use.) Your netperm-table
seems to be configured with the "ftp-proxy" having the name of a program
to run; what you                    probably want is "http-gw: ftp-proxy
127.0.0.1" 

I understand what "http-gw: ftp-proxy 127.0.0.1" could connect to ftp-gw
from the http-gw in the same machine(127.0.0.1). 

2.- according to HTTP-README
http-gw:        forward * -protocol ftp -tohost localhost 
but the ftp protocol is disable

any help will be welcome.

Rick Murphy wrote:
> 
> At 05:05 PM 1/31/00 +0100, José M. Fandiño wrote:
> >yes, the http-gw support ftp type urls, but in a restrict mode. It not
> >retrieve the normal information of  ftp server (date, size, ...). This
> >be a problem for mirrors and any utilities that I need use.
> >The possible solution could be the ftp-proxy method of http-gw. It call
> >for the ftp-gw at localhost and ftp-gw established the connection to ftp
> >server.
> >ftp-proxy seem easy of configure, but I don't get that it work.
> 
> You must point the ftp-proxy at a *HTTP FTP Proxy*. An ftp proxy takes
> requests of the form 'GET ftp://host/dir' and returns a formatted HTTP page
> that should be displayed to the user. You're pointing it to a ftp server;
> those don't generate http.
>          -Rick

-- 
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCC d- s+: a- C+>+++ UL++++ P+ L+++ E--- W++ N+ o+ K- w---
O M V- PS PE+ Y PGP+>+++ t+ 5 X+++ R- !tv b+++ DI-- D+++
G e- h++ !r !y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------