Subject: Problems with make on FreeBSD 3.3 (fwd)

From: Martijn de Munnik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:09:04 +0100 (MET)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I'm trying to build fwtk on FreeBSD 3.3. When I execute make all in the
source dir (after a fixmake to change the makefile) the compiler complains
about parse errors. I think it's because the code is written using K&R
style C but gcc wants to compile using ANSI style. How do I tell make to
force gcc to compile K&R (has it something to do with the -traditionel
flag)...

grtz
Martijn

---

From: David Pick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:24:44 +0000

> force gcc to compile K&R (has it something to do with the -traditionel

Use the FreeBSD "port" (in the "ports" optional distribution element)
of "fwtk" and it all happens as if by magic -- the correct compiler
flags are used, patches are applied where necessary, &c, &c, &c.

-- 
	David Pick (who did it that way)