Subject: ftp hell

From: William Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:02:25 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I am just cannot my proftpd to be chroot first by netacl

I have the following:

in my inetd

I do not have the proftd files in the /usr/local/etc directory like they
normally are

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/etc/ftp-gw proftpd

netstat shows me that the port is being listened on

my netperm table has the following:

netacl-proftpd:   permit-hosts * -chroot /export/ftp -exec /bin/proftpd

where the executable and conf files are set relative to the chrooted dir

I do a 

# ftp localhost
Connected to localhost.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp>

and this is what I get

nothing in the syslog or message files?

any ideas on what to look at?

William Jackson MCP
Technical Director
Isola & Isola

Email: [email-masked]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This E-mail and/or the documents accompanying are privileged and contain
confidential information.  If the recipient is not the addressee or the
employee or agent of the addressee any unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying, distribution or dissemination is strictly prohibited and in any
such event please immediately notify us by telephone on 76651 and return
this 
E-mail and destroy any copies.