Subject: problems with smap?

From: "Johann G. Hautzinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:52:32 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

hi list,

i am using smap (V2.1/2.1+anti-relay+anti-spam) - with _one_ site there
is a problem (which makes me think it is their fault ... but we'll see):

"small" mails (i.e. several lines) get through without a problem, "big"
mails (everything bigger than 2kb is considered to be "big") get
rejected (I/O Error)

i am in contact with the other servers admin and we found out the
following: when a big mail gets sent, a timeout seems to occur in the
following way: "DATA" is sent ... and afterwards _nothing_ is sent for
up to a minute (mimeheaders ...) after a minute the other server closes
the connection.

small mails have their mimeheaders and everything else sent in a glance
- so the problem _might_ be this timeout

any ideas?

*greetz* from Vienna

Hannes

ps. i need those ideas rather urgent as i will be on a new job on monday
:-)

-- 
Johann Georg Hautzinger,  email: [email-masked],  Tel.: 531 00 1907
Erste Bank AG - OE 0423 - Orga./Entw. Treasury u. Orga.Wertpapier
Boersegasse 14, 1010 Wien            http://treasury.erstebank.at