Subject: [fwtk] Configuring firewall + UDPrelay for internet phone calls.

From: "Larry Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 22:43:24 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I'm trying to properly configure my firewall to use an internet phone call
program called dialpad.com

According to their FAQ:

Our server cannot penetrate firewall and send you multimedia packets.  To
use Dialpad.com service behind firewall, try to open UDP ports 51200, 51201,
and TCP port 51210.
In case you want to allow the ports only for Dialpad. Open them for the
4.2.40.XX, 4.2.42.XX, 4.2.46.XX, 4.2.47.XX, 4.2.54.XX, 4.2.64.XX, 4.2.68.XX,
4.2.74.XX, 63.74.89.XX and 216.52.249.XX subnet. Please check back once in a
while for changes or additions to the list of subnets. If you need a trigger
for them, use TCP: 7175 (outgoing)

So I figured I'd use plug-gw for TCP on 51210 (and possibly 7175, Since it
triggers on this port), and udprelay for 51200 & 51201.

I'm a firewall newbie so I'd appreciate any help in properly configuring
plug-gw and udprelay.

Also, are there any security issues to allowing this service and if so what
can be done to limit them.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

---

From: Mariusz Potocki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 08:52:19 +0100 (CET)

> program called dialpad.com
Hi,
I don't know what's dialpad.com, but I successfully installed proxy for
Netmeeting and other netconferencing software.
Check out PhonePatch at http://www.equival.com and http://www.openh323.org

--
Mariusz Potocki

Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?
Linux: Where do you want to go tomorrow?
FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?