Subject: Re: smap in anti-relay mode

From: Blair Lowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:32:59 -0700

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Two possible problems:

1. get the patch file as text in your ftp transfer.

2. you must have a virgin untouched smap.c file. I used RCS to try to 
preserve it, but it changed the file so that the patch would not work.

Hope this helps,
Blair.

At 17:39 +0100 2000/03/28, John Armstrong wrote:
>[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
>BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]
>
>I've been trying to patch my smap code with the yao-smap.pch patch
>so that it cuts out relaying.  I'm currently running FWTK 2.1 on a
>RedHat 5.1 host (Yes I know I should update it - I will be when I get
>time to finish building a new RH 6.1 firewall sometime next month!)
>
>When I use  patch < yao-smap.pch  on my smap.c file, all 40 hunks fail.
>I tried updating patch from 2.5-2 to 2.5-4, but found it needs lib.so.6
>which in turn produced more confusion and time mis-spent.  I've also
>tried hand-editing smap.c from the patch file, but the more I do the
>less confident  become that it will work!
>
>Has anyone else had similar problems?  Can anyone provide me with a
>suitably-patched version of smap.c so I don't have to waste another
>couple of days!
>
>TIA
>
>John
>__________________________________________________________________________
>  John Armstrong                         Computer System Adminstrator
>                                         Health & Safety Officer
>  [email-masked]
>  [email-masked]            LRF Centre at Leeds University
>                                         30 Hyde Terrace
>  0113 233 3912 (phone)                  Leeds LS2 9LN
>  0113 245 9806 (fax)

Computer Engineering Inc. http://www.compeng.net
Phone: 780 499 5687 (9 - 5 MST) Fax:   780 435 0693 (24 Hours)
All email advice that is provided for free is without warrantee: use 
at your own risk.