Subject: how to configure ipfw for use with ftp-gw ???

From: "Dirk.Nerling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:53:18 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

does anybody has an idea? I allowed connects to my ftp-gw port but because,
so the connection establishes well. But because ftp opens some other
(random) ports for "ls" and so on - the client hangs. 

I then have the ipfw entries in my log file:

Mar 21 13:44:46 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1478 in via de1
Mar 21 13:44:50 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1478 in via de1
Mar 21 13:44:56 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1478 in via de1
Mar 21 13:45:09 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1478 in via de1
Mar 21 13:45:35 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1478 in via de1
Mar 21 13:46:04 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1625 in via de1
Mar 21 13:46:08 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1625 in via de1
Mar 21 13:46:14 wall /kernel: ipfw: 2910 Deny TCP 192.76.144.75:20
194.139.111.2:1625 in via de1

Has anybody an idea???
best regards Dirk

--
Dirk Nerling, PDV-Systeme Erfurt, Haarbergstr. 73, 99099 Erfurt, phone:
++49-361-4407144
           PGP Fingerprint: C559 FF0E BAD0 9E09 F720  20F3 683E 357F 69B5
CC83
				http://www.pdv.de