Subject: http-gw on redhat 6.1 - cgi problem

From: Derek Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:10:47 +0000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I've been running tis on redhat 5 for about a year with no real
problems.  When I recently upgraded to 6.1 I found that the http-gw was
having problems handling sites with cgi scripts, failing with a message
to the user "connection reset by peer" although the amount of data
passed as recorded in the logs was the same for both 5 and 6.1.

The problem occurs whether the http-gw is run from inetd, or as a
daemon.

The same symptoms show with both Netscape and IE.

I haven't been able to find any mention of this problem on redhat sites,
or tis faq's, so any suggestions / comments would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Derek

---

From: Donald J Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:15:17 -0700

>The problem occurs whether the http-gw is run from inetd, or as a
How about something like a listing of you network configuration try
cd /proc/sys/net/ipv4 

for i in `ls -1`
 do
echo $i >> /tmp/netconfig.out
 cat $i >> /tmp/netconfig.out
 done     
this should provide a better clue as to how your network is configured.
 
>or tis faq's, so any suggestions / comments would be very welcome.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don Smith                               General Dynamics Information Systems
Systems Administrator                   8005 South Chester St
                                        EngleWood, Co. 80112
Phone (303) 649-7554
FAX   (303) 649-7504			[email-masked]
Error msgs that I love: 
"Keyboard not found press F1 to continue" (pc bios)
"Harddrive controller failure insert new disk and press any key to
continue" (pc bios)
"The disk is write protected Remove the write protect or
 use another disk." (nt)
User must change his password before he logs in the first time. (nt)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Y. W. Ko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:30:19 -0500

Oops.... I forgot the attachment in the previous post - here it is..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
UES Software Inc.                               Tel: (410) 573-2037
175 Admiral Cochrane Drive, Suite 110           Fax: (410) 573-2041
Annapolis, MD 21401.                            E-mail: [email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Derek Smith
> Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 6:11 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: http-gw on redhat 6.1 - cgi problem
> 
> 

Subject: [PATCH] POSTs (was Re:FWTK + RH Linux 6.0 + Netscape = No good?)
From: "Tony Gale" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mario Cosenza" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Mattias Sandström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:05:02 -0500

Here's a patch for the 'Connection reset by peer' problem. This
should be pretty safe and should also be pretty portable. I've only
tested it on Linux though.

Rick: I re-read the RFC, and you are correct, this is a Netscape bug.

<ass covering>
As usual, you get no warranty, guarantee or anything else with this
patch; use at your own risk. I don't claim it is fit for any purpose
whatsoever.
</ass covering>

Have fun,

-tony

---
E-Mail: Tony Gale <[email-masked]>
Innovation is hard to schedule.
		-- Dan Fylstra

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.

---

From: "Y. W. Ko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:27:42 -0500

Hi Derek,

	A patch was posted some time ago that fixed a "connection reset by peer"
problem that I was having. I hope it fixes yours as well - please see
attachment.

	Cheers,

		Ko