Subject: ftp-gw + ncftpd

From: "Ronald J. Yacketta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:22:26 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello all!

Looking for some assistance with useing the ftp-gw with ncftpd.
I currently have the following setup (probably not recommended, but
works)
/etc/inetd.conf:
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/bin/netacl ftpd
/usr/local/etc/netperm-table (first three lines are all on one line in
the file):
netacl-ftpd: permit-hosts 63.15.72.* 10.100.100.* 127.0.0.1 \
-exec /usr/local/bin/ncftpd -q \
/usr/local/etc/ncftpd/general.cf /usr/local/etc/ncftpd/domain.cf
netacl-ftpd: deny-hosts *
I get a bind error, socket in use.
this is my previous netperm-table entry that worked like a champ!
netacl-ftpd: permit-hosts 63.15.72.* 10.100.100.* 127.0.0.1 -exec
/usr/sbin/in.ftpd -L

I would like to use ncftpd like I have been useing in.ftpd 

Regards,
Ron

---

From: Stefan Chakerian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 16:08:47 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:
> netacl-ftpd: permit-hosts ...  -exec /usr/local/bin/ncftpd -q

I don't have ncftpd docs handy, but does the -q tell ncftpd to run using
stdin/stdout (i.e. via inetd)?

You'll definitely get a bind error if ncftpd is trying to run standalone
and doesn't know it's supposed to be dealing with inetd, since inetd is
listening on that socket.

				stef

Stefan Chakerian			Sandia National Labs, Albuquerque
schake%cs.sandia.gov			I do not speak for my employer

Don't anthropomorphize computers.  They don't like it.