Subject: HTTP-gw halts

From: Christian Raymond <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:28:14 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi All

I have almost finish my update from fwtk 1.3 to fwtk 2.1. However, I 
have a problem with http-gw: it looks like it halts from time to 
time, and I dont know why.

the client ask for a web page, the page begins to apear on the 
browser, but then the browser says "connecting to 192.168.1.1" and 
dies there. restarting inetd seems to resolve the prob.

here is a summary of my setup ;

RedHat 6.1 and fwtk 2.1
I do not use the auth gateway.

here is a snip from netperm-table:
http-gw:        denial-msg      /usr/local/etc/http-deny.txt
http-gw:        welcome-msg     /usr/local/etc/http-welcome.txt
http-gw:        help-msg        /usr/local/etc/http-help.txt
http-gw:        timeout 960
http-gw:        ftp-proxy 192.168.1.1
http-gw:        permit-hosts 192.168.1.*
ssl-gw: port ssl 192.168.1.* -port ssl

here is a snip from /etc/hosts.allow:
http-gw, tn-gw, ftp-gw, plug-gw : 192.168.1.

telnet and ftp seems ok. plug for the news is fine too. (I also have 
some probs with pop, but that is another post...)
Any help ?

chris

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 14:31:16 -0500

> dies there. restarting inetd seems to resolve the prob.

Chris,

This is a FAQ:
	2.4.1 My http-gw keeps hanging; Why is http-gw freezing, but the server
responds to pings? 
	http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/faq/faq.html#2.4.1

-- 
--Keith Young
-Director of Customer Care/Support, V-ONE Corp.
[email-masked]