Subject: Apache-Authorisation

From: Joerg Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:07:01 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

i have fwtk V2.1 on my Firewall. Now i will install a Apache-WWW-Server
on the same machine. Is a auth-module for Apache over identsrv
available?

Joerg

---

From: "Larry Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:38:38 -0500

> on the same machine. Is a auth-module for Apache over identsrv
The short answer is DON'T install a WWW server on your firewall.
WWW Servers have many known security holes and
it isn't a good idea to put them on your firewall.

If you really need one put it on a different machine in a DMZ or outside
your firewall.
That way when they break out of your WWW server they can't get to anything
important.

As far as identsrv, I don't know, but I still would not trust it.
I NEVER run servers on my firewall.

[email-masked]