Subject: E-mail relaying problem and netperm-table

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 06:38:25 +0800 (WST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Greetings,

I have smap installed on a system I use and no matter what I do with 
my /opt/TISfwtk/etc/netperm-table file I can't seem to get it to stop 
relaying mail.

Below is the anti-spam section of my netperm-table along with the lines 
to allow relaying from authorised hosts (hostnames and IP addresses 
substituted for bogus ones).

I know there are patches for using blocking lists and stuff but for the 
moment I'd just like to stop domains except for my own and hosts except 
the ones in my network from relaying through the server.

Also, if I have a relay-net and then someone from an authorised host 
tries to spoof mail from another domain how can I make it drop the smtp 
connection when an invalid domain is entered? (ie. authorised host 
10.1.2.3 connects to port 25 and does 'HELO some.domain.com MAIL FROM: 
[email-masked] ...' where some.domain.com is not one of the 
domains I want to relay for).

I have done a 'strings' to ensure the smap/smapd programs are looking 
at the correct netperm-table file (I inherited the system and there's 
about 5 of them scattered around the place) and that seems fine.

I'm at a total loss with this one and think it may be a 
misconfiguration of the netperm-table but none of the doco seems to 
mention half the stuff already in my netperm-table, let alone 
additional information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

# anti-spam
smap: nospam ns-required
smap: nospam debug
smap: relay-net 10.1.1.0:255.255.255.0 #Net
smap: relay-net 127.0.0.1:255.255.255.255 #Localhost
smap: relay-net 1.2.3.0:255.255.255.0 #Net
smap: relay-net 1.2.3.4:255.255.255.255 #Host
smap: relay-domain relay.domain1.com
smap: relay-domain relay.domain2.com

Adrian Blount
Unix Administrator

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:00:57 -0500 (EST)

Adrian,

Are you sure that you have one of the anti-relaying patches installed?

ted keller