Subject: got relayed - need your help!

From: "Dirk.Nerling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:15:20 +0100

Hello all,

I'm using fwtk 2.1 and the yao patch to disable relaying. The tests from
abuse.net and orbs.com think that we couldn't used as a relay host. But
there is another strange (?) thing. 

The facts: someone seems to send email from my email server, but I couldn't
found this in my logs. They sent the email as "[email-masked]" and I
(as postmaster) got the "user unknown" spam mails which doesn't receivied
the users, because of a wrong address or so on. I inlcude one of this emails
here (I got ~700). 

Because of my logs I found domain near ours, which also was used as a realay
I contacted the admin and got some logs. The logs show the ancq3f1nkrz5xza
was used at other hosts to. AND what I don't understand they have TO
ancq3f1nkrz5xza@relay and FROM ancq3f1nkrz5xza@relay mails.

Jan  1 05:07:17 wall sendmail[2545]: FAA02545:
from=<[email-masked]>, size=10768, class=0, pri=640768,
nrcpts=21, msgid=<[email-masked]>,
proto=SMTP, relay=[216.1.23.9] (may be forged)
Jan  1 05:07:18 wall sendmail[2547]: FAA02547:
from=<[email-masked]>, size=10834, class=0, pri=640834, nrcpts=21,
msgid=<[email-masked]>, proto=SMTP,
relay=[216.1.23.9] (may be forged)
Jan  1 05:07:19 wall sendmail[2546]: FAA02546:
from=<[email-masked]>, size=11048, class=0, pri=641048,
nrcpts=21, msgid=<[email-masked]>,
proto=SMTP, relay=[216.1.23.9] (may be forged)
Jan  1 05:07:25 wall sendmail[2544]: FAA02544:
from=<[email-masked]>, size=10911, class=0, pri=640911,
nrcpts=21, msgid=<[email-masked]>,
proto=SMTP, relay=[216.1.23.9] (may be forged)
Jan  1 05:07:25 wall sendmail[2559]: FAA02559:
from=<[email-masked]>, size=10834, class=0, pri=100834, nrcpts=3,
msgid=<[email-masked]>, proto=SMTP,
relay=[216.1.23.9] (may be forged)
Jan  1 05:07:26 wall sendmail[2562]: FAA02562:
from=<[email-masked]>, size=11048, class=0, pri=101048, nrcpts=3,
msgid=<[email-masked]>, proto=SMTP,
relay=[216.1.23.9] (may be forged)

*********
schnipp:
*********

Why do they sent the mails to us again????

Jan  1 05:07:56 wall sendmail[2557]: FAA02557: to=<[email-masked]>,
delay=00:00:08, xdelay=00:00:08, mailer=esmtp, relay=ns.pdv.de.
[194.139.111.2], stat=Sent (Mail accepted)
Jan  1 05:07:57 wall sendmail[2561]: FAA02561:
to=<[email-masked]>, delay=00:00:11, xdelay=00:00:10,
mailer=esmtp, relay=monday.dk. [195.184.47.130], stat=Sent (2.5.0 OK.)

Does anybody has an idea? How could I prevent this? Whats is going on
here????
best reagrds Dirk

 <<Postmaster notify: User unknown>>  <<Postmaster notify: Host unknown
(Name server: ip130.lth2.k12.il.us: host not found)>> 

--
Dirk Nerling, PDV-Systeme Erfurt, Haarbergstr. 73, 99099 Erfurt, phone:
++49-361-4407144
           PGP Fingerprint: C559 FF0E BAD0 9E09 F720  20F3 683E 357F 69B5
CC83
				http://www.pdv.de

Subject: Postmaster notify: User unknown
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:19:07 +0100

The original message was received at Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:19:06 +0100 (CET)
from mail@localhost

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown
554 /no/such/directory/dead.letter... cannot open
/no/such/directory/dead.letter: No such file or directory

Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:17:38 +0100

The original message was received at Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:17:32 +0100
(GMT+0100)
from [216.1.23.9]

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
.. while talking to grebe.prod.itd.earthlink.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email-masked]>
<<< 550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown

Subject: Special Report: E-Marketing - Reach Thousands of Prospects
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:10:43 +0100

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

S P E C I A L   R E P O R T -

How To Reach Thousands Of Prospects Every Month

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Our research has found that many people have tried one or more of
the following...

Free Classifieds? (They just don't work anymore)
Web Site? (Takes thousands of surfers)
Banners? (Expensive and losing their punch)
E-Zine? (Hope they have a -huge- subscriber list)
Search Engines? (Forget it, unless you're in the top 20)

S O   W H A T   D O E S   W O R K ?

Although often misunderstood, there is one method that has proven
to succeed time-after-time.

E - M A I L   M A R K E T I N G ! !

IT'S A FACT... It if you're not using your computer to generate
income,  GOOD income,  you're leaving money on the table.

Here's what the experts have to say about E-Mail Marketing:

"A gold mine for those who can take advantage of
bulk e-mail programs" - The New York Times

"E-mail is an incredible lead generation tool"
-Crains Magazine

"Blows away traditional Mailing" - Advertising Age

Here's a potential earnings example:  Let's say you have a
product or service that can bring a profit of around $30.
Remember, on the Internet, you can make money 7 days a week, 24
hours a day... even while you sleep, orders come from all over
the world!

Orders
Per Day    Weekly      Monthly      Yearly

1       $  210      $   840      $ 10,080
2          420        1,680        20,160
3          630        2,520        30,240
5        1,050        4,200        50,400
10        2,100        8,400       100,000
15        3,150       12,600   	  151,200

The way to reach thousands of people, generate orders and build
wealth is person-to-person direct.

1. How do you find the millions of people on the Internet?

2. What are you going to tell them when you do reach them?

HERE'S THE ANSWER TO QUESTION #1

M I L L I O N S   V O L U M E   9

***New - 10 Million addresses - Just Released***

The cleanest, most comprehensive e-mail address list in the
world, BAR NONE!  We're proud to offer it.

O N E   O F   A   K I N D

This is a first.  No one has gone to the work it takes to produce
an e-mail address list of this quality.

Here's how we prepare our e-mail lists:

1. We clean and eliminate all duplicates.

2. Next, we use a filter list of 400+ words/phrases to clean even
more. No address with inappropriate or profane wording survive!

3. Then we used our private database of thousands of known
"extremists", opposed to commercial e-mail, and kicked off every
one we could find.

4. And finally, we sorted the list into easy-to-manage
packets of 20,000 addresses in a simple text (.txt) format.

5. All domains have been verified as valid.

WHAT DID WE END UP WITH?

Volume 9... 10 Million Addresses Strong!

An address list so clean you'll want to start mailing today!

N O   B R A G   -   J U S T   F A C T

With our super clean e-mail address lists you'll send less...and
get better results...

* Y O U   G E T   W H A T   Y O U   P A Y   F O R *

Our NEW 10 Million, Volume 9, address list CD will result in:

* Higher Response Rates
* Higher Sales Conversion Ratios
* More Receptive prospects; Less Flames & Non-Buyers.
* Less Contact With Anti-Commerce Radicals & Extremists.

Remember that potential income chart at the beginning of
this message? Can you imagine the kind of money you could
make if you mailed one million pieces and sold only one
tenth (.01%) of one percent?  You do the math, you'll be
amazed!

We've been in the list brokerage business for over 5 years and
we've never compromised on quality.  We won't release any address
list until it passes our "high standards" test.

This is not a rental list that is restricted to a one-time
mailing.  You are purchasing an e-mail address list for your own
personal mailings and may use it over-and-over.

DON'T HESITATE on this offer or you will miss out on the least
expensive, legal and most effective way to market... PERIOD!

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

F  R  E  E    B  O  N  U  S  E  S

Order within 72 hours and we'll include the following FREE
Bonuses... we call this our "BUSINESS ON A CD" bonus.

1. To help you get started we include basic proven Professional
Mailing Software.  This software has sold for as high as $499.00
in the past.  No demo, but a full working version (SORRY, SINCE
THE SOFTWARE IS FREE WE CANNOT OFFER ANY TECHNICAL SUPPORT,
however set-up instructions are included).

2. Every survey has always indicated that the most profitable
product to sell on the Internet is INFORMATION!

Our "BUSINESS ON A CD" gives you 650 reports/manuals/books that
are yours to use and sell.  With these "Special Reports" you may
instantly start your "Information Product" business... plus a
sample SALES LETTER is included to help you GET STARTED FAST!

3. "THE BULK E-MAIL SURVIVAL GUIDE"  A manual/guide that
addresses the Bulk E-Mail business.  Especially useful for
beginners.  "THE BULK E-MAIL SURVIVAL GUIDE" will answer
most of your questions and concerns about Bulk E-Mail.  An
exclusive for our customers... INCLUDED FREE.

4. "LISTMATE" - This is the software the Pro's use to manage
their mailing lists.  We've included two versions, both are
fully functional demo's, the only limit is the file size.

5. "SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING"!  This is the book that is
responsible for untold millions of dollars in sales and
profits.  Many of today's Internet "gurus" have used this
powerful book as the foundation for marketing courses that
they have written and sold for as much as $495. Marketeer's
that have studied this book have been so deeply inspired,
that it has changed their entire way of doing business, and
they've gone on to make fortunes -- it's yours FREE with
your order!

This "BUSINESS ON A CD" bonus is yours absolutely FREE if
you order within the next 72 hours --- After that...

Poof!... it's gone!

***SPECIAL BONUS***  Order within the next 72 hours and receive
an additional 972,565 e-mail addresses as a prompt ordering
bonus.  Order Now!

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

D O N ' T   H E S I T A T E  E-Marketing is the most
effective and fastest way to market anywhere... PERIOD!

O R D E R   N O W . . . SAME DAY SERVICE (M-F) if your order
is received before 2pm Pacific.  24hour fax service, just fax
to: 1-801-760-8911

To order, via credit card simply cut/paste and print out the
EZ ORDER FORM below and fax to our office today.

***** MILLIONS CD - Volume 9 *****

***** NOW ONLY $247! *****

This "Special Price" is in effect for the next 72 hours,
after that we go back to our regular price of $299.00 ...
Don't delay... you can be in business tomorrow!

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Checks by Fax.
Fax your order to: 1-500-677-4016  or  1-801-760-8911

----------------------Cut & Paste----------------------
---------------------EZ Order Form---------------------

_____Yes! I want everything!  I am ordering within 72 hours.
Include my FREE "Business On A CD" bonus along with your 10
Million Vol. 9 E-Mail address CD (plus 972,565 bonus addresses)
for the special price of only $247.00 + shipping as indicated
below.

_____Oop's I missed the 72 hour "special".  I am ordering Vol. 9
at the regular price of $299.00 + shipping.

***PLEASE SELECT YOUR SHIPPING OPTION***

____I would like to receive my package FedEx OVERNIGHT. I am
including $15 for shipping. (Hawaii & Alaska $20 - Canada $25,
all other International add an *additional* $25 [$40 total] for
shipping)

____I would like to receive my package FedEx 2nd Day delivery.
I'm including $10 for shipping. (Sorry FedEx 2nd Day is NOT
AVAILABLE for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or any
International destination - Continental U.S. shipping
addresses only).

***Please Print Carefully***

NOTE:  Orders cannot be shipped without complete information
including your signature.  No exceptions!

NAME____________________________________________________

COMPANY NAME____________________________________________

ADDRESS_________________________________________________
(FedEx can only ship to street addresses - no P.O. boxes)

CITY, STATE, ZIP________________________________________

PHONE NUMBER____________________________________________
(required for shipping & tracking)

EMAIL ADDRESS___________________________________________
(Print Carefully - required in case we have a question and to
send you a confirmation that your order has been shipped)

TYPE OF CREDIT CARD:

______VISA _____MASTERCARD _____AMEX

CREDIT CARD# __________________________________________

EXPIRATION DATE________________________________________

NAME ON CARD___________________________________________

TOTAL AMOUNT (Including Shipping): $___________________

DATE:x__________________

(Required) SIGNATURE:x_________________________________
I understand that I am purchasing the Millions Vol. 9 e-mail
address CD, the addresses are not rented, but are mine to use for
my own mailing, over-and-over.  Free bonuses are included, but
cannot be considered part of the financial transaction.  I
understand that it is my responsibility to comply with any laws
applicable to my local area.  As with all software, once opened
the CD may not be returned, however, if found defective it will
be replaced with like product at no charge.

You may fax your order to us at:   1-500-677-4016  or
1-801-760-8911

CHECK BY FAX SERVICES!

Please Note:  Sorry, we can only accept checks drawn on U.S.
banks.

If you would like to fax a check, tape your check below and
fax it to our office along with the EZ Order Form to:
1-500-677-4016  or  1-801-760-8911

*****************************************************************

***24 HOUR FAX SERVICES*** PLEASE PASTE YOUR

CHECK HERE AND FAX IT TO US AT 1-500-677-4016  or  1-801-760-8911

*****************************************************************

If You fax a check, there is no need for you to mail the
original.  We will prepare a one-time draft, with the exact
information on your original check.  All checks will be
held for bank clearance. (7-10 days) Make payable to:
"CD-Marketing"

********************************************************
Do not reply to this message -
********************************************************
To register your e-mail address for removal from unsolicited
mailings, visit: http://www.OptList.com
********************************************************

Subject: Postmaster notify: Host unknown (Name server: ip130.lth2.k12.il.u s: host not found)
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:18:37 +0100

The original message was received at Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:18:37 +0100 (CET)
from localhost

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 <[email-masked]>... Host unknown (Name server:
ip130.lth2.k12.il.us: host not found)

Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:18:37 +0100

The original message was received at Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:18:36 +0100 (CET)
from mail@localhost

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown

Subject: Non-Delivery Report
From: Postmaster <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:18:29 +0100

Could not deliver message (ID=77882) to remote account
[email-masked]'.
Remote server returned error: 550 Mailbox not found (user unknown).

The first portion of the original message text follows:
-------------------------------------------------------

Received: from localhost by ip130.lth2.k12.il.us (AppleShare IP Mail Server
6.1) id 77882 via TCP with SMTP; Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:18:21 -0600
MessageID: <xl61k5mepdxc37d.290220001709@localhost>
Content-Type: text/plain
Subject: How To Reach Thousands Of Prospects Every Month?
X-References: 052E1F1ED, 01E9871A6
From: <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
To: <[email-masked]>
Sensitivity: Public
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:09:54
References: 032D542C8
X-See-Also: 0F8CC5442
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.6

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

S P E C I A L   R E P O R T -

How To Reach Thousands Of Prospects Every Month

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Our research has found that many people have tried one or more of
the following...

Free Classifieds? (They just don't work anymore)
Web Site? (Takes thousands of surfers)
Banners? (Expensive and losing their punch)
E-Zine? (Hope they have a -huge- subscriber list)
Search Engines? (Forget it, unless you're in the top 20)

S O   W H A T   D O E S   W O R K ?

Although often misunderstood, there is one method that has proven
to succeed time-after-time.

E - M A I L   M A R K E T I N G ! !

IT'S A FACT... It if you're not using your computer to generate
income,  GOOD income,  you're leaving money on the table.

Here's what the experts have to say about E-Mail Marketing:

"A gold mine for those who can take advantage of
bulk e-mail programs" - The New York Times

"E-mail is an incredible lead generation tool"
-Crains Magazine

"Blows away traditional Mailing" - Advertising Age

Here's a potential earnings example:  Let's say you have a
product or service that can bring a profit of around $30.
Remember, on the Internet, you can make money 7 days a week, 24
hours a day... even while you sleep, orders come from all over
the world!

Orders
Per Day    Weekly      Monthly      Yearly

1       $  210      $   840      $ 10,080
2          420        1,680        20,160
3          630        2,520        30,240
5        1,050        4,200        50,400
10        2,100        8,400       100,000
15        3,150       12,600   	  151,200

The way to reach thousands of people, generate orders and build
wealth is person-to-person direct.

1. How do you find the millions of people on the Internet?

2. What are you going to tell them when you do reach them?

HERE'S THE ANSWER TO QUESTION #1

M I L L I O N S   V O L U M E   9

***New - 10 Million addresses - Just Released***

The cleanest, most comprehensive e-mail address list in the
world, BAR NONE!  We're proud to offer it.

O N E   O F   A   K I N D

This is a first.  No one has gone to the work it takes to produce
an e-mail address list of this quality.

Here's how we prepare our e-mail lists:

1. We clean and eliminate all duplicates.

2. Next, we use a filter list of 400+ words/phrases to clean even
more. No address with inappropriate or profane wording survive!

3. Then we used our private database of thousands of known
"extremists", opposed to commercial e-mail, and kicked off every
one we could find.

4. And finally, we sorted the list into easy-to-manage
packets of 20,000 addresses in a simple text (.txt) format.

5. All domains have been verified as valid.

WHAT DID WE END UP WITH?

Volume 9... 10 Million Addresses Strong!

An address list so clean you'll want to start mailing today!

N O   B R A G   -   J U S T   F A C T

With our super clean e-mail address lists you'll send less...and
get better results...

* Y O U   G E T   W H A T   Y O U   P A Y   F O R *

Our NEW 10 Million, Volume 9, address list CD will result in:

* Higher Response Rates
* Higher Sales Conversion Ratios
* More Receptive prospects; Less Flames & Non-Buyers.
* Less Contact With Anti-Commerce Radicals & Extremists.

Remember that potential income chart at the beginning of
this message? Can you imagine the kind of money you could
make if you mailed one million pieces and sold only one
tenth (.01%) of one percent?  You do the math, you'll be
amazed!

We've been in the list brokerage business for over 5 years and
we've never compromised on quality.  We won't release any address
list until it passes our "high standards" test.

This is not a rental list that is restricted to a one-time
mailing.  You are purchasing an e-mail address list for your own
personal mailings and may use it over-and-over.

DON'T HESITATE on this offer or you will miss out on the least
expensive, legal and most effective way to market... PERIOD!

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

F  R  E  E    B  O  N  U  S  E  S

Order within 72 hours and we'll include the following FREE
Bonuses... we call this our "BUSINESS ON A CD" bonus.

1. To help you get started we include basic proven Professional
Mailing Software.  This software has sold for as high as $499.00
in the past.  No demo, but a full working version (SORRY, SINCE
THE SOFTWARE IS FREE WE CANNOT OFFER ANY TECHNICAL SUPPORT,
however set-up instructions are included).

2. Every survey has always indicated that the most profitable
product to sell on the Internet is INFORMATION!

Our "BUSINESS ON A CD" gives you 650 reports/manuals/books that
are yours to use and sell.  With these "Special Reports" you may
instantly start your "Information Product" business... plus a
sample SALES LETTER is included to help you GET STARTED FAST!

3. "THE BULK E-MAIL SURVIVAL GUIDE"  A manual/guide that
addresses the Bulk E-Mail business.  Especially useful for
beginners.  "THE BULK E-MAIL SURVIVAL GUIDE" will answer
most of your questions and concerns about Bulk E-Mail.  An
exclusive for our customers... INCLUDED FREE.

4. "LISTMATE" - This is the software the Pro's use to manage
their mailing lists.  We've included two versions, both are
fully functional demo's, the only limit is the file size.

5. "SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING"!  This is the book that is
responsible for untold millions of dollars in sales and
profits.  Many of today's Internet "gurus" have used this
powerful book as the foundation for marketing courses that
they have written and sold for as much as $495. Marketeer's
that have studied this book have been so deeply inspired,
that it has changed their entire way of doing business, and
they've gone on to make fortunes -- it's yours FREE with
your order!

This "BUSINESS ON A CD" bonus is yours absolutely FREE if
you order within the next 72 hours --- After that...

Poof!... it's gone!

***SPECIAL BONUS***  Order within the next 72 hours and receive
an additional 972,565 e-mail addresses as a prompt ordering
bonus.  Order Now!

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

D O N ' T   H E S I T A T E  E-Marketing is the most
effective and fastest way to market anywhere... PERIOD!

O R D E R   N O W . . . SAME DAY SERVICE (M-F) if your order
is received before 2pm Pacific.  24hour fax service, just fax
to: 1-801-760-8911

To order, via credit card simply cut/paste and print out the
EZ ORDER FORM below and fax to our office today.

***** MILLIONS CD - Volume 9 *****

***** NOW ONLY $247! *****

This "Special Price" is in effect for the next 72 hours,
after that we go back to our regular price of $299.00 ...
Don't delay... you can be in business tomorrow!

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Checks by Fax.
Fax your order to: 1-500-677-4016  or  1-801-760-8911

----------------------Cut & Paste----------------------
---------------------EZ Order Form---------------------

_____Yes! I want everything!  I am ordering within 72 hours.
Include my FREE "Business On A CD" bonus along with your 10
Million Vol. 9 E-Mail address CD (plus 972,565 bonus addresses)
for the special price of only $247.00 + shipping as indicated
below.

_____Oop's I missed the 72 hour "special".  I am ordering Vol. 9
at the regular price of $299.00 + shipping.

***PLEASE SELECT YOUR SHIPPING OPTION***

____I would like to receive my packa

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:51:23 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

>the users, because of a wrong address or so on. I inlcude one of this emails

It's possible they sent the mails with a "From" or "Reply-To" header 
forging your domain but actually sent them through some other system. 
There's no way for you to fix that other than to trace the mails back to 
their origin and complain.
Looking at the bounce message:

>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Probably a polish server was used to send the mails - pandora.etos.com.pl, or
195.117.61.129. This host is on the MAPS Relay Spam Stopper list (see 
<http://mail-abuse.org/rss>) so it's a known spam relay. Unfortunately, 
this bounce message is lacking "Received:" headers so it's hard to trace.

>To: <[email-masked]>
Sent through a school's mail server at at school in Illinois. (Took a 
little searching to find this; there's no valid DNS lookup.) It appears 
that the mail server has been taken off line; notice the forged "From:" line.

Basically, you're the victim, not the source. If you have any usable 
"Received" lines that say where the spew was injected in any of those 
messages, you might be able to track down the chickenboner that sent them; 
there's no way to stop this from happening again, unfortunately.
         -Rick

---

From: "Johann G. Hautzinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 07:29:34 +0100

Rick Murphy wrote:
[...]

> there's no way to stop this from happening again, unfortunately.

just a little remark: i stopped relaying at home, now (i think as a
little "revenge" from spammers) _I_ am being spammed ... 5 - 10 "earn
more money"'n stuff per day ... as i dont know anybody having a
*.msn.com or *.hotmail.com it is quite easy for me ... denying sendmail
to that domains (550 Nobody here is interested in your spam) ...

*greetz* from vienna

Hannes

-- 
Johann Georg Hautzinger,  email: [email-masked],  Tel.: 531 00 1907
Erste Bank AG - OE 0423 - Orga./Entw. Treasury u. Orga.Wertpapier
Boersegasse 14, 1010 Wien            http://treasury.erstebank.at

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:30:37 -0500 (EST)

I'm blocking these spams by checking the content on the way in (really the
header part of the message).  Based on a filter list, if I get a match - I
assume it is spam and reject it.  That helps a lot on cutting inbound
spam.

It doesn't do any good for the situation where someone else uses my
address as the from line and floods others....  I agree with Rick -
there's really no way that I know to stop it short of finding the original
host and seeing if you can get the admin to stop it.

ted keller