Subject: FTP from browser

From: "}{ce||enT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:49:24 +0500

Hi...

I have configured FWTK's FTP-gw and works fine with dos prompt but when i do FTP from web browser it says U dont have permission to access this site. 

Normally when i DO ftp From other machine whose gateway is different , it works fine ...

Can any one tell me what should i do ???

xcelent

---

From: "Henry Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:22:58 -0400

What browser are you using?  Usually, proxy server doesn’t work well with
active ftp connection.  You have to tell the browser to use passive mode on
all ftp connection.  On IE 5, go to Internet Options and click Advanced tab.
Uncheck Enable folder view for FTP sites and click OK to save it.  Restart
IE 5 and that should fix it.  Other browsers, you have to figure it
yourself, sorry.

Hope this will help.

Good Luck!

Henry Wong
System Administrator
hooloo.com, Inc.
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

*****************************************
hooloo.com is the largest Internet superstore,
offering books, music and other consumer products
to global Chinese markets. Please visit our website:

          www.hooloo.com <http://www.hooloo.com/>

******************************************

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of }{ce||enT
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 4:49 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FTP from browser

Hi...

I have configured FWTK's FTP-gw and works fine with dos prompt but when i do
FTP from web browser it says U dont have permission to access this site.

Normally when i DO ftp From other machine whose gateway is different , it
works fine ...

xcelent

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:29:51 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

> Can any one tell me what should i do ???

FTP from a Web browser does NOT use ftp-gw.  It uses http-gw.  Make
sure that you are running http-gw on port 80 on your bastion host.
Configure your browser to use your bastion host on port 80 for HTTP,
HTTPS ["Security"], FTP, and also Gopher.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.