Subject: ftpproxy

From: "}{ce||enT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 16:48:41 +0500

Hi..

Is there any one running FTP-GW in passive mode (that support ftp with web browsers ) ?????????

Any one ??? please help me ???????

Regards,
xcelent

---

From: Jon Earle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 08:34:25 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

>Any one ??? please help me ???????

FTP through a browser is accomplished through the http-gw, not the ftp-gw 
as you'd expect.  Do you have http-gw installed, configured and 
working?  If so, then simply copy the setting (server and port) in your 
browser's proxy configuration to the ftp proxy entry. Actually, unless 
you've removed the support when you built the toolkit, the proxy settings 
for http, gopher, ftp and security (https) should all be the same in your 
browser's proxy config.  The socks entry is the only one you need not worry 
about.

Cheers!
Jon