Subject: FWTK To Hard to Compile if your not a Programmer!!

From: Barganski Peter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:09:26 +1000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I am running a RedHat Linux 6.1 server and get the following error upon
compile of fwtk:-
 
Makefile: 16: *** missing separator. Stop.
 
Does anyone know what this means?
 
It would be great if there was a configure script which took care of all the
system dependant configurations with in the Makefile and others configs. I
found a lot of this stuff very confusing as I'm not a programmer and don't
have the resources or time to learn about it.
I just want to install fwtk. Can anyone help?
 
Peter Barganski 
Systems Engineer/Consultant 
Nuance Global Traders Australia 
email:          [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:09:49 -0400

>Does anyone know what this means?

You probably ran fixmake; that probably means you either didn't read the 
README, or you don't know that Linux is not BSD.  Use 'fixmake unfix' to 
undo the damage.

Yes, FWTK requires a knowledgeable UNIX system administrator to install 
(see the README) because by itself it's not enough to be a complete 
firewall. You can too easily misconfigure things if you don't understand 
what protections FWTK provides and what you're expected to provide.
         -Rick