Subject: smap and yao antismap patch

From: William Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:31:53 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

sorry I fixed the last problem of patching the file

as I had to use a fresh copy of smap.c

but the problem at the moment is that when it tries to link the exe

I get the following:

smap# make
cc -I.. -g -DLINUX   -c smap.c -o smap.o
cc -I.. -g -DLINUX   -c arpadate.c -o arpadate.o
cc -g -static -o smap smap.o arpadate.o ../libfwall.a
smap.o: In function `from_address_ok':
/usr/src/fwtk/fwtk/smap/smap.c:2015: undefined reference to `res_query'
/usr/src/fwtk/fwtk/smap/smap.c:2015: undefined reference to `res_query'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [smap] Error 1
www1:/usr/src/fwtk/fwtk/smap#

I have used a fresh install of the fwtk2.1 to get this far and cannot find
the functions res_query in any of the files?

William Jackson MCP
Technical Director
Isola & Isola

Email: [email-masked]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This E-mail and/or the documents accompanying are privileged and contain
confidential information.  If the recipient is not the addressee or the
employee or agent of the addressee any unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying, distribution or dissemination is strictly prohibited and in any
such event please immediately notify us by telephone on 76651 and return
this 
E-mail and destroy any copies.

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:53:25 -0400

-lres [resolver library]

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.