Subject: ftp-gw problem

From: wen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:39:20 +0800

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

hello all:
 I am reading ftp-gw source code.now I have some problems.please help me.

when I "FTP xx.xx.xx.xx" in client machine,the prompt is "User (xx.xx.xx.xx none):".
 what function does the FWTK   call to show the prompt? I think the FWTK call cmd_user().but I don't find this prompt.

in netperm-table file I config -authall option for ftp-gw,I know when ftp-gw run,ftp-gw first call usercmd() function,then usercmd() call cmd_user() funtion,then cmd_user() call authorize() function,then authorize() call cmd_response() function. authorize() function get authname,cmd_response return response auth result.but which function shows "PASSWORD:" prompt?

now I confuse   the main loop of ftp-gw,plese analyze in detail.

thanks.

wen

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 06:14:41 -0400

At 10:39 AM 4/11/00 +0800, wen wrote:
>  what function does the FWTK   call to show the prompt? I think the FWTK 
> call cmd_user().but I don't find this prompt.

That prompt is being issued by your ftp server (the site you're connecting 
to) and the ftp-gw is echoing it.
         -Rick

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:45:36 +0400

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

nuqneH,

>  what function does the FWTK   call to show the prompt? I think the FWTK call cmd_user().but I don't find this prompt.

None. This prompt is shown by ftp command. See the rfc for ftp protocol.
 
> now I confuse   the main loop of ftp-gw,plese analyze in detail.

cmd_authorize, see the "331" message being formed. 

                                     _     _  _  _  _      _  _
 {::} {::} {::}  CU in Hell          _| o |_ | | _|| |   / _||_|   |_ |_ |_
 (##) (##) (##)        /Arkan#iD    |_  o  _||_| _||_| /   _|  | o |_||_||_|
 [||] [||] [||]            Do i believe in Bible? Hell,man,i've seen one!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:28:42 +0400

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

nuqneH,

Nope ;) Server just gives 220 greeting message, the username prompt is
generated by ftp client.

                                    _     _  _  _  _      _  _