Subject: smap & smapd filters

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:12:48 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Is there any facility to add filters to smap and smapd?  With email viruses
being as popular as they are seems like some type of filters to use with smap
and smapd would be helpful in fending them off.

 ---------------------------------
David Hamm
Systems Analyst
Imaging Technologies Services Inc.
email: [email-masked]
voice: 404-870-6663
---------------------------------

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:26:50 -0400 (EDT)

David,

I have implemented filters looking at the message header contents.  It
does not yet look at the content - but could be made to do so very easily.
I use this as a way of getting rid of a lot of spam messages - not doing
virus type checking.  Suspect this would be done better on an internal
mail system with one of the commercial virus scan products.

Your welcome to what I've done if it is of interest.

Key things ....

Checks on:
>From Address
To: address
Subject Line
Header contents.

ted keller