Subject: FWTK license

From: Christian Raymond <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:15:06 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

At 9:01 AM -0400 17/04/00, Tom Krotchko wrote:
>Finally, FWTK is not "open source" in the GNU sense.  It has a very
>restrictive
>license.

Speaking off which, who is entitled to use FWTK?

my question is :

can i use it not for profit in my organisation,

or

can i use it in my not-for-profit-organisation?

the license (in my sense) is not clear on this point.

Chris

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:22:04 -0400

> can i use it not for profit in my organisation,

Yes.

> can i use it in my not-for-profit-organisation?

Yes.

> the license (in my sense) is not clear on this point.

Basically, the 2 major restrictions that I know of are:
	1) You cannot redistribute the software, either via CD-ROM or a web
site.
	2) You cannot specifically sell "FWTK support", "FWTK installation", or
"FWTK server software". You can, however, install the software as part
of a network support contract.

At least, those were the things that I was told by John Kelley @ NAI.

Of course, I am not legal counsel so you should seek better advice if
you are not sure...   :-)

-- 
--Keith Young
-Director of Customer Care/Support, V-ONE Corp.
[email-masked]