Subject: FWTK and NAPSTER

From: Robban <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 11:47:20 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello all!

I know this is a kind of odd question, and I'm sure the most of you are
wondering how serious I am. ;p
But here it comes: Is there any way to get Napster to work when I'm behind
an FWTK?
They wanted me to run SOCKS, but can I run both FWTK and SOCKS (sounds
strange to me,
two proxies on one machine).

Best Regards
Robban

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 07:20:57 -0400

> two proxies on one machine).

Certainly.  FWTK to seal off your site and protect it.  And SOCKS to
open up all sorts of holes to reduce the protection considerably.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

---

From: Scott Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 13:01:52 +1200

Hi

Every now and then we get the following error occuring:

May  9 13:04:57 qweb inetd[415]: web/tcp server failing (looping), service
terminated

Although the error message is fairly obvious, I'm not sure what it's looping with.

Can anyone help.

Thanks
Scott

--
Scott Newton
Quanta Systems Ltd

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 23:00:39 -0400

>May  9 13:04:57 qweb inetd[415]: web/tcp server failing (looping), service
That's in the FAQ - running the http proxy without inetd is highly 
recommended. If you insist in running it that way, increase your inetd's 
process limits.
(See the faq at <http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/faq/faq.html#2.4.1> for help.)
         -Rick

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 08:28:25 -0400 (EDT)

You may want to run http-gw as a daemon instead of from inetd.  Most
inetd's monitor the number of connections per minute (or some unit of
time) and if those connections exceed your os's threshhold, it assumes
that you are under attack - and shuts down the service for a while.

ted keller