Subject: Some minor http-gw problems

From: Malcolm Tester <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 15:53:31 -0600

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I've been noticing some weird problems with http-gw.  It doesn't seem to
affect usage, but it certainly fills the logs up.
The message is:

<date> <server> http-gw[pid]: n2a get_local_info: open to get interface
configuration: no such file or directory.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Malcolm

Malcolm W. Tester II
Cambric Corporation
110 West Business Park Drive
Draper, Utah 84020
http://www.cambric.com

Internet: [email-masked]
Voice:         (801) 816-8966
Fax:           (801) 816-8908

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please delete it from your system and notify the
sender identified above by e-mail.

---

From: "Larry Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 21:48:04 -0400

From: Malcolm Tester <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
> configuration: no such file or directory.
I just searched the http-gw source code for this message 
and could not find it.  I'd assume its either an inetd or socket error.

What operating system and version op FWTK are you using?

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 22:11:21 -0400

>configuration: no such file or directory.

Something in your operating system called 'n2a' (probably a resolver 
routine) isn't able to open a file it needs. Are you running http-gw 
chrooted? What OS and release is it?
         -Rick