Subject: authmgr?

From: "Nixon, Anthony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 17:27:35 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I have compiled fwtk on RH 6.1 w/ skey support. I can get authsrv to run but
not authmgr? I add users, change authentication protocols, etc in authsrv
without problems. But when trying to run authmgr, I keep getting "Cannot
open auth service". I have added authsrv 7777/tcp to /etc/services and
changed inetd.conf to read:

auth	stream tcp wait root /usr/local/etc/authsrv authsrv

netperm-table reads:

authsrv:	hosts	127.0.0.1
authsrv:	hosts	localhost  <-- tried it with and without this
statement
authsrv:	database	/usr/local/etc/authsrv.db
authsrv:	badsleep	259200
authsrv:	nobogus	true

*:	authserver	127.0.0.1	7777

Don't know what else to do? Checked netstat -a and found auth waiting for
input but... Have recompiled and still no joy. Any help would be
appreciated.

Shon

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 18:51:26 -0400 (EDT)

Did you define authmgr in your /etc/services?

ted keller