Subject: Help on Configuring Logging in FWTK

From: Dirk Schietsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 15:47:03 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello there,

we would need some assistance with the configuration of Logging in the
Firewall Toolkit 2.1. We hope to get some assistance of experienced
users on this list.

Here is the Problem:

We use the TIS Firewall Toolkit for quite a while now and it works
fine for us and I got everything I needed at hands until now.

Now we would like to control the surfing activities of our employees
to see what kind of Data is surfed in the Internet (work-relatet or
more private) so we would like to get a logging of the called
Website-Names in the FWTK-Log.

Until now we only got a logging of the calling Mashines Name/IP-Adress
but not of the destination.

So we would like to ask if there is some Rule to enable a logging of
the surfing Destinations. ?

Thankx for your help in advance

With best Regards,

Dirk Schietsch
-- 
SOCIETY Kommunikationssysteme GmbH
Secunda Straße 8
53332 Bornheim / Rheinland
Tel.: 02222 / 702-0
Fax.: 02222 / 919900

---

From: "Larry Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 14:41:23 -0400

Try editting your inetd.conf and changing the http-gw
line by adding a -log option paramater.
ie
http-gw    stream    tcp    nowait    root    /usr/local/etc/http-gw -log
http-gw
[email-masked]
----- Original Message -----
From: Dirk Schietsch <[email-masked]>