Subject: ftp Error 500

From: Andreas Priebe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:50:43 +0200 (CEST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I use squid 2 as a local cache and proxy which directs all requests
to my fwtk (2.1) host.

HTTP works fine, but requests via ftp fail with the following error
(example is from lynx, but netscape gives the same):

lynx ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/indices/Packages-Master-i386.gz

                                FTP Error- 500
     _________________________________________________________________
   
500 'PORT 195,145,209,129,8,45PORT 149,225,88,230,0,8' not understood.
     _________________________________________________________________
  
Here 195.145.209.129 is the fwtk host.
Tests showed that it makes no difference if I go through squid or directly
to the fwtk host.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Andreas
-- 
****************************************************************************
* Andreas Priebe                E-Mail:   [email-masked] *
* Promos consult GmbH & Co KG   Tel/FAX:             030 243 117 -13 / -29 *
****************************************************************************