Subject: undelivered outbound mail

From: "Wes Szumera" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:15:19 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

How do I properly deal with outbound mail that doesn't get delivered? 
 Over time, I get mail stuck in queue that sendmail tried to send and 
gave up on.  Can I assume that smap / smapd only asks sendmail 
once to send mail and that I need to process the backlog of mail that 
didn't make it out on the first try myself?

Thanks,

Wes

---

From: "Y. W. Ko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:37:23 -0400

Hi Wes,

	There is a script called "mqueue" that comes with FWTK which kicks off
sendmail to process the queue every once in a while.

	Hope this helps,

		Ko

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
UES Software Inc.                               Tel: (410) 573-2037
175 Admiral Cochrane Drive, Suite 110           Fax: (410) 573-2041
Annapolis, MD 21401.                            E-mail: [email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Wes Szumera
> Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 2:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: undelivered outbound mail
>
>

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:30:40 -0400 (EDT)

Wes,

There are a few ways to handle this.....

1. run /usr/lib/sendmail -q15m  (note - no bd)

2. run /usr/lib/sendmail -q off of a cronjob

3. ...

ted keller