Subject: Problem with Authsrv

From: Lionel GAULIARDON <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:31:43 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

I saw in authsrv's man, we can used deny-hosts such that :

netperm-table:
    authsrv: deny-hosts 195.1**.***.***

Is everybody tried that because :-(((   It is wrong for me !

What do you think about : -directory, -extnd, -securidhost,
-permit-unknow ?????

    Thanks, Lionel

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:29:56 -0400

>Is everybody tried that because :-(((   It is wrong for me !

authsrv 'deny-hosts' lines only apply to authsrv; what you have done is to 
deny authentication server connections from those hosts - that does not 
permit users from those hosts from connecting to http-gw, ftp-gw, etc. - or 
from authenticating from those hosts. Normally all you have for authsrv is
authsrv: permit-hosts 127.0.0.1
authsrv: deny-hosts *
if you want to deny 195.1.0.0/16 from using, say, telnet:
tn-gw: deny-hosts 195.1.*
         -Rick