Subject: smap open relay

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:13:28 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I have smap and smapd running on my firewall so I tested it by telneting to
mail-abuse.org and it confirmed that my firewall did accept relay requests. 
Can I change this or must smap act as a relay to work?

 ---------------------------------
David Hamm
Systems Analyst
Imaging Technologies Services Inc.
email: [email-masked]
voice: 404-870-6663
---------------------------------

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:38:22 -0400 (EDT)

David,

There are at least two anti relay patches to smap.  Joes Yao has one
posted to the fwtk.org site.  I have another version that was developed in
parallel.

Both of these prevent the relay issues  you are refering to - as well as
fixing a number of other issues with the smap code.

I can provide a copy if you are interested.

ted keller