Subject: Skey and adding users

From: "Nixon, Anthony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:48:17 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I have successfully complied the skey libraries (libskey.a using the skey
src rpm from www.beowolf.org) and made the necessary changes to the authsrv
Makefile. Authsrv compiled without any problems, but I can not change the
protocol to Skey in authmgr when adding a user (in authsrv either for that
matter). I did see skey compiled into authsrv. But it only allows me to use
'password' or 'none' when adding a user. What am I doing wrong or missing?
All help is appreciated.

Regards - Shon

---

From: "Nixon, Anthony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:29:23 -0400

I have made the change to auth.h (that's actually where I found the line:
define AUTHPROTO_SKEY), but now when compiling authsrv I get several
undefined messages:

../../skey/libskey.a(skeysubr.o): In function `keycrunch'
skeysubr.o(.text+0x67): undefined reference to `MD4Init'
skeysubr.o(.text+0x6f): undefined reference to `MD4Update'
skeysubr.o(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `MD4Final'
../../skey/libskey.a(skeysubr.o): In function `f'
skeysubr.o(.text+0xbc): undefined reference to `MD4Init'
skeysubr.o(.text+0xc5): undefined reference to `MD4Update'
skeysubr.o(.text+0xcf): undefined reference to `MD4Final'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [authsrv] Error 1

I have commented the line back and recompiled to make sure that's what was
causing the error. Could you please help with this? I am afraid I am over my
head with this one.

Regards - Shon

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rick Murphy [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 10:11 PM
> To: Nixon, Anthony; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: SKey and adding users
> 
> 
> At 03:44 PM 5/2/00 -0400, Nixon, Anthony wrote:
> >I did see skey compiled into authsrv. But it only allows me to use
> Make sure that you define AUTHPROTO_SKEY in firewall.h. When 
> you do that, 
> it's best to use 'make clean;make' from the toplevel of fwtk. 
> There are 
> several components of authsrv that need that symbol to be 
> defined in order 
> for S/Key support to be included.
>          -Rick
>

---

From: "Nixon, Anthony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:19:36 -0400

My apologies for wasting your time. I have found the fwtk archives and found
the answer from Tin Le's post concerning including -L/usr/../skey -lskey
-lmd in the AUXLIB= -lcrypt statement. This has fixed the issue. Thanks to
this list and all parties who helped.

Regards - Shon

> From: Nixon, Anthony [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 10:29 AM
> To: 'Rick Murphy'
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: SKey and adding users
> 
>