Subject: Re: your mail

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 14:18:33 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 05:32:17PM +0000, screened host firewall wrote:
> 1. Do FWTK support the security of WWW ?

Yes, via http-gw.

> 2. Do FWTK are programming-based just like Microsoft C++ or C ?

Question unanswerable.  Everyting on a computer, including FWTK, is
programming-based.  FWTK is programmed in C [real C, not MS C].  But it
is not a programming language.

> 3. Can I use FWTK as the software for "screened host firewall" ?

I assume that you are using this phrase as used in Chapman and Zwicky.
Yes, I believe you can - but you get better security from a dual-homed
host, which is what it's really intended for.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.