Subject: New squid-gw (etc.)

From: Eberhard Mattes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:13:11 +0200 (MET DST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

New versions of my proxies for the FWTK are available:

  http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/patches/em-gw.tar.gz
  http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/patches/em-gw.asc

Here are the changes:

* nntp-gw 0.4

  - Support multiple external news servers and news server authentication
    (contributed by Giles Heron)

* pop-gw 0.6

  - Support "*" and "?" in POP user-id patterns

  - Add "pass-limit" and "user-limit"

* squid-gw 1.2

  - SECURITY: A malicious HTTP server could evade auto-html-limit by
    sending the beginning of the body in separate packets

  - Cope with CRLF of the status line being sent in a separate packet

  - Add -pf option (PID file)

  - Cope with missing white space after the status code

  - Don't reject Content-Type: (null)

  - Allow (and remove) exact duplicates for certain HTTP response header
    fields

* squid-gw 1.3

  - This version fixes a bug of version 1.2 in emi_fill() which caused
    content (HTTP body) corruption

Moreover, there's a new (experimental) program, netpermd, which allows
authorized operators to modify netperm-table without requiring a shell
account.  At this stage of development, "connect" rules can be added
for squid-gw.

-- 
  Eberhard Mattes <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Tom Krotchko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 02:50:46 -0400

Is Jason Rhoads smap patch still availabile?  The FAQ lists the
address as http://www.sabernet.net/support/tools/ , but attempts
to access the web server fail (although I can traceroute).

Is he still offering/support his patch?  Is there a mirror site
for it?  I used it sometime ago with an older version of FWTK,
but I no longer have his source or diffs.

Any help would be appreciated.

---

From: "Frank Marchan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:14:21 -0500 (CDT)

Looks like www.sabernet.net/support/tools/ is a redirect to
www.sabernet.net/software.  Direct URL for NoSpam is
http://www.sabernet.net/software/nospam.html.

Frank