Subject: FWTK, SOCKS5 and allow some incomming connections.

From: Robban <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:28:03 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello all!
(I know you're thinking, ohhh noooo, not he again... ;p)
I'm running fwtk and socks5 on a Linux mashine (kernel 2.2.13).
I want friends on Internet access my ftp and web server, but
there's some of the components that doesn't like this idea at all...

I have a reason to belive that socks5 is the bad guy in this
chapter, but I'm not sure.
I installed socks5 and reconfigured the fwtk, sience that day
no one is allowing access...

Please help me...

//Robban

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 13:20:36 -0400 (EDT)

Robban,

You will have to give us some more hints....

How did your users contact your internal systems prior to these
implementations?

Did you have IP forwarding enabled before?

Are they using special clients?

Do they access it via your http-gw proxy?  (not very usefule).

What do you want them to be able to do?

What are they seeing now that you've reconfigured the system?

ted keller