Subject: problem with active web pages

From: Alexander Filatov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:28:02 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Dear fwtk-users,

I am sorry if my question will seem to you foolish, but I am novice in
firewalling.

I run fwtk 2.1 on Linux Red Hat (kernel 2.2.15). The only problem is that
users browsing WWW can not use active pages - web pages which require login
or have some kind of questionaries. Other web pages work fine (through
http-gw). I even do not know in part of my settings the problem may be
hidden.

I will be very grateful for any help.

Alexander Filatov

---

From: "donald.j.smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:47:10 -0500

>http-gw). I even do not know in part of my settings the problem may be
You need to get the users browsers to be setup for using the gateway for
security.
In netscape you configure the proxy for security point to the same gateway
your using for http
you can even use the same port or configure http-gw to use a different port
for https.
>I will be very grateful for any help.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don Smith                               General Dynamics Information Systems
Systems Administrator                   8005 South Chester St
                                        EngleWood, Co. 80112
Phone (303) 649-7554
FAX   (303) 649-7504			[email-masked]
Error msgs that I love: 
"Keyboard not found press F1 to continue" (pc bios)
"Harddrive controller failure insert new disk and press any key to
continue" (pc bios)
"The disk is write protected Remove the write protect or
 use another disk." (nt)
User must change his password before he logs in the first time. (nt)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------