Subject: Missing in.telnetd and in.ftpd

From: "Unrath, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:17:11 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I'm running Mandrake 6.5 and noticed that I don't have a in.telnetd or
in.ftpd.  Is this normal?  I'm not very familiar with linux so please
forgive me if this is normal.  If not, how do I install or get theses
daemons?

Thanks for your help in the past,
Mark Unrath

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:47:31 -0400

At 09:17 AM 6/23/00 -0400, Unrath, Mark wrote:
>in.ftpd.  Is this normal?
Yup. For some systems (Suns, primarily, if I'm not mistaken) they're 
in.ftpd, not ftpd. Your Linux system probably uses telnetd and ftpd, etc. 
See your original inetd.conf for the path.
         -Rick