Subject: Searchable mail archive and blocking access to specific internet sites

From: "Jack Mullins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:53:32 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Is there a searchable archive available other than the one at
http://www.support.nl/online/fwtkquery.html?  The last several times I've
needed to look for something, I have received the following error from that
page, "Error: No Index to query on.  Apparently, there is no index available
for this collection, so queries cannot be made at this time."

Anyway, what I'm looking for is an answer to the question, how do I block my
inside users from accessing specific internet sites such as www.real.com and
anything to do with RealAudio?

73,

Jack Mullins
Sun Ergoline
P.O. Box 2026
Jonesboro, AR 72402
http://www.sunergoline.com
[email-masked]
870.935.1130 x 109

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:49:26 -0400

> for this collection, so queries cannot be made at this time."

Look at fwtk.org... I've updated the links and removed that searchable
database.

Goto here for info:
http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/download/downloading.html#3.5
 
> anything to do with RealAudio?

Make sure that you are not running the RealAudio/RealVideo proxy server
(obviously). You'll need to filter the following MIME types in http-gw: 
"audio/x-pn-realaudio"
	"video/vndrn-realvideo"
	"audio/vndrn-realaudio"
	"audio/x-realaudio"

How you do that, I have no idea...  :-)

-- 
--Keith Young
-Director of Customer Care/Support, V-ONE Corp.
[email-masked]

---

From: "Larry Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:40:42 -0400

> for this collection, so queries cannot be made at this time."

The following is a a searchable archive:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fwtk-users&r=1&w=2

> anything to do with RealAudio?

My understanding is that you can use ipfilter to deny use of the normal udp
ports, BUT
they can configure it to use http protocol.  You could block http access to
http://www.real.com BUT
they only really need this site to get the player, the content comes from
all over.
The only thing you could do is use some kind of filter like JunkBuster and
keep adding sites to its block file.
You could probably monitor your network for the long connections needed to
play music and then block those sites.

[email-masked]