Subject: ssh - Which one

From: Markus Schreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 12:21:41 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello fwtk-helpers,
sorry if i'm to far of toppic.
i'm setting up a fwtk on redhat linux. I would like to administer it
over the network form an windwos nt and from a linux system.
I've looked at diffrent sources of ssh (one and two).

Can anyone tell me which is the best practice if i'm looking for a
charge free available stable secure shell?

Wich Server would be the best to use?
Are there clients under NT working with it?

Thank you for any information.

Markus

---

From: Steve Sandau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 07:12:50 -0400

I use a small, simple (I believe free) ssh client for 32-bit Windows
called "putty." It's simple and does everything I need it to.

As for Linux, I have used ssh-1.2.27 compiled from source, which gives a
command-line ssh client that works fine, too.

I haven't used eitehr of these extensively, but they have bot worked for
my needs. Others may have more detailed information.

> Thank you for any information.

Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA, Bath, Maine
[email-masked]