Subject: scripting connection thru ftp-gw?

From: "Lamb, Geoff (Australia)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:59:30 +1000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I want to do a scripted command line connection (on UNIX) through our
ftp-gw, Does anyone know
how I can do this? Is there a command line ftp that uses the ftp-gw? 

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

---------------
Geoff Lamb
Merrill Lynch Australia
+61 3 9659 2249
Mobile: 0414 325230
[email-masked]

---

From: "Brian Desmond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:24:28 +1000

Yup! ncftp

see www.ncftp.com - comes with RedHat so is presumably
open source.

Cheers,

Brian

---

From: concepts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:32:17 -0500

My suggestion is one that most people have never looked at or even heard
of: Expect. It takes any UNIX text based interactive process, and with
very little code automates the process.

Syntax

---

From: dreamwvr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:51:59 -0600

Hi,
    Expect is great stuff IMHO but if you are simply going to request
downloading of  files from ftp sites then perl is just fine and has modules
that do this very well. Second there is a Expect module for perl which allows 
you to ma both languages into a hybrid as you see fit. So take your choices..
					Best Regards,
					[email-masked] 
-- 
Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being
spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038. 
_______________________________________________________________________
 
************** DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL INTERNET SERVICES ****************
  TOTAL DESIGN - DEVELOPMENT - INTEGRATION - SECURITY - Click Here..
           <http://www.dreamwvr.com/services/MAX_SEC.html>;
   DREAMWVR.COM - The Console of Many... 90 Topics Covered
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html>;
<mailto:[email-masked]>;
->> LINUX-MANDRAKE Solution Provider and North American Distributor<<-
                        PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/mandrake/mandrake-main.html>;
 "===0 PGP Key Available
*************** "As Unique as the Company You Keep."*****************
    "If anyone speaks from DREAMWVR.COM its certainly not me:-)"
________________________________________________________________________