Subject: plug-gw to be used for http port 80

From: Masih Tavassoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:52:38 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi all,

I would like to put our webserver behind a firewall so it is available
to public but only through port 80.

I thought I could use plug-gw to relay all the http requests coming from
the internet to be forwarded to our webserver which exists on our
private network.

Is this possible through fwtk?  Am I on the right track???
Any help is appreciated.

Internet|--------|firewall|----|Webserver|-----|Database Server|

                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                Internal network(192.168.1.x)

--
Kind regards,
Masih

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:59:20 -0400 (EDT)

Masih,

You are on the right track.  

Something for you to consider...  Place the web server and possibly the
data base server on a third nic card (DMZ zone).  That way, you continue
to minimize the exposure to your internal network.  Any bugs which may be
latent in the web server, if discovered, will not then expose your
internal network to any harm.

ted keller