Subject: about DMZ!

From: liujianwei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:24:40 +0800

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi, Dear guys:

Long time no see, how are you getting on these days?

I met a problem. Could you tell me how I can setup serveral servers such as
webserver,ftpserver, mailserver, telnetserver,or the other servers in the DMZ which using fwtk as proxies? How could the internet users visit these servers?

I hope that you could give me a clue. Thank you very much!

Jianwei

---

From: "H.T. Sun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:01:38 -0700

Hi,

   I have been trying to figure out how smap can

   filter out some specific attachments which are

   malicious (virus). Do I need a patch ? Or smap

   already has the function ?

   THanks a lot

HT

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:45:07 -0400

>    already has the function ?

Typically, one patches 'smap' to store e-mail messages in a different
directory from the one in which 'smapd' looks.  Then one does virus
checking using some third-party program.  If the e-mail file is
healthy, then it is moved into the directory in which 'smapd' looks.

Also, I note a new patch just posted to the mailing list.  I have no
idea how good it is.  Do you want to test it?  ;-)

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.