Subject: OUTLOOK WEB ACCESS over internet

From: "Ramesh c" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 20:44:08 -0700

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

I have MS-Exchange server 5.5 running with OWA configured.People are able to access OWA within intranet not over internet.

What should I enable on the firewall for people to access OWA thru internet?. Anything to be done on exchange server?

Please adv.

cheers
Ramesh

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:55:11 -0400 (EDT)

Ramesh,

I believe the OWA is the outlook web adaptor.  That implies that you have
to allow http browser access to the exchange server.  This probably means
that you will have to plug both http and https through your firewall to
get to the exchange server..... 

ted keller

---

From: "Tom Krotchko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 19:05:41 -0400

Its actually quite simple.  I've done the very thing with gauntlet, but the
principle is the same.

The OWA is set to listen on port 80, since its a web server.

In our case, we couldn't use port 80 for incoming, so I set the firewall
to allow access from any IP address on port 8888 and the plug-gw will
plug this over to the internal address of the webserver on port 80.

So internally you have:
  http://outlookserver/exchange

But externally, it will be the DNS name for your server:
  http://outlookserver.somecompany.com:8888/exchange

Remember that the port remapping is completely optional.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Ramesh c
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 11:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OUTLOOK WEB ACCESS over internet

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in
the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

I have MS-Exchange server 5.5 running with OWA configured.People are able to
access OWA within intranet not over internet.

What should I enable on the firewall for people to access OWA thru
internet?. Anything to be done on exchange server?

Please adv.

cheers
Ramesh