Subject: Newbie tries to make toolkit - fails

From: "Karen Ellrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:37:46 +0900

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

This is probably a dumb question to most of you, but please bear with me.  I
downloaded the toolkit, unzipped and untarred it, and as best I could tried
to follow the directions in the README file for running make (since I am on
Linux, I copied Makefile.config.linux to Makefile.config).  But I get a huge
stream of "No such file or directory" errors when I run make.  (I would love
to attach a list of the output for you to see, but I don't know how to
redirect stderr to a file, either - so much to learn!)  Anyway, regarding
the solution, I know I could start looking through the makefile line by
line, and search to see if each needed include file is on my system
somewhere (some of them I even recognize from my C programming days way back
when), but I suspect that there's one simple thing I missed that would make
it work the way it is (like run it from a certain directory or something),
rather than looking for and retrieving each of dozens of files one by one.
Anybody immediately know what I did wrong?

Karen the Clueless

--------------------------------
Karen Ellrick
S & C Technology, Inc.
1-21-35 Kusatsu-shinmachi
Hiroshima  733-0834  Japan
(from U.S. 011-81, from Japan 0) 82-293-2838
--------------------------------