Subject: Re: authserv - can't compile

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:47:59 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

At 12:54 AM 7/1/00 +0200, Christian Kuhn wrote:
 >[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
 >BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]
 >
 >Hi,
 >
 >I just tried to install fwtk2.1. make all produced the binaries,
 >make install copied them into the desired directory (netperm-table
 >appeared in the bin directory instead of the given etc, but still
 >it makes no problems). Next, i tried to use authserv - not present.
 >The compiler gave this error:

Repeating an answer I posted yesterday:
add '-ldbm' to the DBMLIB definition in Makefile.config
add -lcrypt to the AUXLIB definition.
Read the FAQ at www.fwtk.org.
          -Rick

 >db.o: In function `auth_dbopen':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:66: undefined reference to `dbm_open'
 >db.o: In function `auth_dbclose':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:83: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_close'
 >db.o: In function `auth_dbgetu':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:123: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_fetch'
 >db.o: In function `auth_dbputu':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:152: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_store'
 >db.o: In function `auth_dbdelu':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:176: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_delete'
 >db.o: In function `auth_dbtraversestart':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:196: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_firstkey'
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:200: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_fetch'
 >db.o: In function `auth_dbtraversenext':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:225: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_nextkey'
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/db.c:229: undefined reference to
 >`dbm_fetch'
 >pass.o: In function `passverify':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/pass.c:39: undefined reference to `crypt'
 >pass.o: In function `passset':
 >/usr/local/src/fwtk/auth/pass.c:70: undefined reference to `crypt'
 >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 >make: *** [authsrv] Error 1
 >
 >What did i wrong?
 >
 >mfg
 >QNo
 >--
 >ICQ 57840861
 >AIM MrQNo
 >