Subject: [Fwd: Re: plug-gw on Linux Redhat Version 6.1]

From: Laurence Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:31:30 +0800

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi Chris,
Here is my suggestion. It is based upon FWTK-V2.1 and RH6.0 whereby I
permit vnc through using plug-gw. I have rewritten my entries for your
weblogic service.

In /etc/inetd.conf replace your service line with this;
weblogic: stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/etc/netacl weblogic

In /usr/local/etc/netperm-table;

Add:
netacl-weblogic: permit-hosts 198.31.*.* -exec /usr/local/etc/plug-gw
weblogic

Remove:
plug-gw: port weblogic permit-hosts 198.31.*.* -plug-to
eagle.strata-group.com

Add after "rlogin-gw" entry:
weblogic: permit-hosts 198.31.*.*
weblogic: permit-service weblogic
weblogic: timeout 600
weblogic: port weblogic 198.31.*.* -plug-to eagle.strata-group.com

The key here is the "permit-service" entry. It took me a while to figure
this one out. If someone can point me to where it is documented I would
be pleased to know as I could not find it in the FAQ or any other
doucmentation on-line. I ended up looking at the source to determine
this option that is required for plug-gw, at least for users specific
services.

Don't forget to send inetd signal 1 i.e. killall -1 inetd before
testing.

Cheers, and good luck,

Larry.