Subject: tn-gw

From: "TJ O Connor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:43:07 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

hi again

When i telnet to the firewall from outside i get the proxy prompt for
username and password
and i cant log in without any problems :

Password: ##########
Login Accepted

but when i try to connect to an internal server from the firewall i get this
message:

tn-gw-> c xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 23
Not permitted to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Also when i telnet to the firewall do i need include the port number the
whole time? Is there
any way around this?

If anyone has a solution to these problems could they please e-mail me

cheers
TJ
- --                      _
T.J.O'Connor            _/ \_   2200 Cork Airport Business Park,
SysAdmin               / \_/ \  Kinsale Rd., Cork, Ireland.
Comnitel Technologies  \_/ \_/  Ph: +353 21 7305620
[email-masked]    \_/    Fax: +353 21 7305624

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:22:39 -0400 (EDT)

TJ 

Verify that you allow xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in your destinations on the tn-gw
netperm-table line.

ted keller

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:23:56 -0400

>Also when i telnet to the firewall do i need include the port number the
By default, tn-gw will use the port it's listening on. If you let tn-gw 
listen on port 23, you don't have to specify a port number for the destination.
         -Rick