Subject: A modified plug-gw to support a many-to-many configuration

From: "MONIER Jean-Christophe (EURIWARE S.A.)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:33:12 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a patch or modified plug-gw that can support a many-to-many
configuration (the stock one only support many-to-one configuration). It's
for doing a Lotus Notes replication proxy where the same server replicate
through the proxy to 3 or 4 (more than 1 !) server. Does someone have that ?

PS : Excuse my poor english language ...

Jean-Christophe MONIER

---

From: "T. Esting" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:55:09 -0700 (PDT)

Jean-Christophe - 
 
  plug-gw was not designed to support multiplexing in this fashion.  Since
it can't see inside the payload of a packet, it can only make routing
decisions based on the stuff in layers 3 and 4.  In the case of plug-gw, it
most typically uses source IP and destination port, and sometimes
destination IP (if you have the ipbind patch).  In the case of Notes, what
you may want to consider doing is setting up a passthru server on the
"dirty" side of your firewall (and potentially a counterpart on the "clean"
side) and then configure plug-gw to forward connections to it.  Notes
Passthru is an application-level proxy and can perform the multiplexing you
require.  There should be some notes in the FWTK FAQs and mailing list
archives on some special considerations for setting up connection documents
that support running Lotus through plug-gw.

   Good luck / bonne chance ....

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:33:12 +0200, MONIER Jean-Christophe (EURIWARE S.A.)

>  PS : Excuse my poor english language ...

_______________________________________________________
Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html