Subject: ftp URLs

From: Leandro Gelasi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:44:51 +0200 (CEST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi to all!

If I try to reach this kind of url :

ftp://<username>@ftp.server.dom 

from outside http-gw, Netscape opens a password box

If I try the same behind http-gw Netscape does nothing, and connects to
ftp.server.dom without password, getting "connection refused" or similar.
URLs like ftp://<username>:<password>@ftp.server.dom work fine, but
sometimes first type of URLs are found in web pages, in particular for ftp
servers with shared password (one ftp user, many people using the same
password).

ftp://<username>@ftp.server.dom URLs also let users not to show their
password on the screen.

Any hints about?

TIA

LG

*********************************************************************
Leandro Gelasi
V year Computer Science Engineering student at Siena University
[email-masked]

Gilles Villeneuve will live forever
*********************************************************************