Subject: [email-masked] in envelope

From: Andreas Priebe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:03:29 +0200 (CEST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

as you (at least those reading on UNIX) can probably see,
my e-mail is going trough smap and is then handled over to sendmail.

This makes [email-masked] the sender in the envelope and appears
in the Return-Path header, i.e.  the UNIX mail folder format I have

>From [email-masked]  Mon Sep 18 19:37:42 2000
Return-Path: <[email-masked]>

The From: lines are correct. Nevertheless some mailers out there
in real life use Return-Path: for replies.

Can I change this or is or is this problem particular for me
and you all don't suffer from this?

I use FWTK2.1.

TIA,

Andreas
-- 
****************************************************************************
* Andreas Priebe                E-Mail:   [email-masked] *
* Promos consult GmbH & Co KG   Tel/FAX:             030 243 117 -13 / -29 *
****************************************************************************

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:45:27 -0400

>in the Return-Path header, i.e.  the UNIX mail folder format I have

There's a sendmail.cf option to permit the SMAP user to be trusted - add 
"smap" to the end of your "T" line (which probablu now reads like the 
following:)
Troot daemon
         -Rick