Subject: http-gw buffer overrun?

From: "Todd Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:36:26 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Has anybody seen this before?

> Sep 20 16:36:15 proxy http-gw[19092]: getline: buffer overrun
> Sep 20 16:37:30 proxy http-gw[19128]: getline: buffer overrun

It doesn't look good, regardless.  Any insight would be helpful!

Thanks,

Todd

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:43:47 -0400

>It doesn't look good, regardless.  Any insight would be helpful!

That just means a request line was larger than the http-gw buffer. There 
are unfortunately some systems that like HUGE amounts of query data on the 
end of their URLs. Nothing bad happens other than the fact that the request 
doesn't get through.
         -Rick