Subject: version

From: "Roelf Schreurs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:54:02 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Is FWTK regarded as a firewall 1?

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:36:03 -0400

> Is FWTK regarded as a firewall 1?

I do not understand your question.

The FireWall ToolKit is a kit of various software pieces from which
professional computer security engineers can build a firewall with some
reasonable functionality on a hardened computer base [which they must
supply].  Many regard it as a compile-and-go firewall, although the
people who distribute it are careful to point out that it is not.

Firewall-1 is a product of Checkpoint, and has nothing to do with FWTK.

Cf. <URL: http://www.fwtk.org/>.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.