Subject: Telnet problem

From: "Dinesh Tashildar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:57:13 -0000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

After Installation of TIS I can not able to telnet to linux comp.
What will will be the prob.
Regards,

Dinesh Tashildar	
Wipro
Phone: 4003113 / 4218400 ext. 306
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:00:40 -0400

> [email-masked]

NAI installed TIS into itself.  But I suspect that you installed FWTK.

I assume that "linux comp." is some Linux company or computer outside
your firewall bastion host.

What is happening is that the FWTK is working exactly right, protecting
you from the Internet and vice versa.  If you want to telnet out, you
must telnet to your firewall bastion host.  It will give you a "tn-gw->"
prompt.  You tell it one of:
	t external-host-name
	c external-host-name
and it will PROXY your 'telnet' session to that internal host.

At no time will any IP from your network go out to the Internet, and
vice versa.

Now if "linux comp." above refers to your firewall bastion host, then
you must 'telnet' to the secondary port that you set up for authentica-
ted telnet to that host.  If you haven't set this up, you will have to
do so.

If you can't get a "tn-gw-> " prompt from the firewall bastion host,
check your netperm-table file.

Read the documentation.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.