Subject: http-gw problem

From: Eurico Hautz Giacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:05:43 -0300 (BRT)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I have a network with 100 hosts using the http-gw to access the
internet. I use the line above in my inet.conf:

http  stream  tcp  nowait.400  root  /usr/local/tis/etc/http-gw
/usr/local/tis/etc/http-gw

Several times every day, the inet daemon stop and I need to restart it. I
think that the problem is the http-gw. I think that it is overload, does
somebody know how many connections http-gw supports ?

Thanks in advice,
Eurico.

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:14:41 -0400 (EDT)

Eurico,

You are probably exeeding the threshold that your inetd allows for
connections per second. You may want to consider running http-gw in
-daemon mode.  This is supported in version 2.1.

ted keller