Subject: TIS and Red Hat 5.2

From: "Joe M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:39:55 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello all,  I am going to setup my first firewall with TIS. Can someone tell
me if the OS version is strict, does it have to be RH 5.2, or could a newer
RH version be used successfully.

         Thanks,

       Joe Massimino

---

From: Scott McEachern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:05:56 -0400

> RH version be used successfully.

     FWIW, I've successfully run FWTK 2.1 under OpenBSD 2.[5-7]  I don't mean to
sound like an OS bigot and start a flame war here, but you should seriously
consider the proactive security auditing taken in OpenBSD to host your firewall.

--
R. Scott McEachern, Network Administrator
J&A Media Services, Inc.
300 John St., Suite 500, Thornhill, ON, CA  L3T 5W4
tel:905-881-6902  fax:905-881-6945

---

From: Leandro Gelasi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:47:28 +0200 (CEST)

> RH version be used successfully.

I can use a newer version, I suggest 6.2
Otherwise you can use Mandrake 7.1, SuSE 6.4.
The version (and distribution) is not a strict request, I think it's a
"minimal" request.

LG 

**************************************************************************
Leandro Gelasi
V Year Computer Science Engineering at Siena University
email : [email-masked]
Gilles Villeneuve will live forever
**************************************************************************