Subject: Relaying smap problem

From: kemal hajdarevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi people,

On my Linux box is installed FWTK and a patch for smap(Ted's). Now in
messages log file can be found line DNS entry not found if somebody want to
send e-mail to/form LAN through FW.

It is problem because I'm doing something wrong, but I don;t know what.

netperm-table is setup to se local-host  and local-domain boxes.

Before that smap was operational but spamable now FW blocks all
mail communications.

Assuming that new smap is not privileged to use DNS or something like that.

I'm repeating there were no problmes with smap/smapd/sendmail
configurations.

Solving this problem would be much appreciate.

Kemal

______________________________________________
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:02:17 -0400

You do have your firewall bastion host set up to use internal DNS, not
external DNS, right?

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.