Subject: smap / yao-patch

From: Matthias Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:17:48 +0200 (MET DST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

I tried to apply the yao-patch to smap, but
compiling and linking result in the following error:

cc -g -static -lresolv -o smap smap.o arpadate.o ../libfwall.a -lcrypt
smap.o: In function `from_address_ok':
/usr/local/src/fwtk/smap/smap.c:2054: undefined reference to `res_query'
/usr/local/src/fwtk/smap/smap.c:2054: undefined reference to `res_query'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [smap] Error 1

I already changed the Makefile by including the resolv-library (-lresolv)
(a hint in a former fwtk-users-list answere to such a question).
But I think, res_query is not defined there and I cannot find 
(with nm -o -C) another library where it is defined.

I use RedHat 6.1 Linux.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Matthias Bormann
 
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

   MATTHIAS BORMANN

   Fachgebiet Programmiermethodik
   Fachbereich Informatik, Technische Universitaet Darmstadt

   adress: Alexanderstrasse 10, 64283 Darmstadt, Germany
   fon: +49 6151 16 5668, +49 171 7784 250
   fax: +49 6151 16 6241

   e-mail: [email-masked]
   http://www.inferenzsysteme.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~bormann
   pgp-fingerprint: 02146D7545D4FCF7 D3F55B448C30070F

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

Looks like you have to add -lresolv to the smap make file

ted keller

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:18:50 -0400

> Looks like you have to add -lresolv to the smap make file

He already had added it.  But in the WRONG PLACE.

Matthias, this is why this is a "toolkit".  It assumes experience with
a lot of things.

Library flags, such as -lresolv [or -lres on some systems] must be
added at the END of the compilation command line.  See where "-lcrypt"
is?

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.