Subject: Re: plug-gw

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:54:36 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 10:14:42AM -0600, Malcolm Tester wrote:
> on this same topic, can anyone recommend a good (free) pop3 server?

Qualcomm Qpopper.  Cf. <URL: http://www.eudora.com/qpopper/>.

> What I need is to be able to sit at a client on the inside, and pull pop3
> mail from and send it to the outside world through the fw.  The firewall
> itself would not be performing any mail activities.  If I use plug-gw to
> plug it, would it be  plug-to internal address for incoming mail and plug-to
> external machine for outgoing? Or some other way?

Generally not advisable but if you can avoid it, but some can't.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:54:36 -0400