Subject: mail not delivered once upgraded to RedHat 7.0

From: "Fred LB" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:45:29 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi all,

We recentely decide to move our strategic gateway (old Pentium 75) to a
brand new Compaq server.
I installed the new compaq with a redhat 7.0 (was redhat 6.2 on the old
P75).
I moved all the stuff (FWTK binaires, config files ...) from the old serv to
the new one.

Everything seems to work fine, except sendmail : when i get an inbound mail,
smap handles it correctly, but it looks like sendmail doesn't want to
deliver it to my exchange server (my mailhub), but tries to deliver it
locally, which of course doesn't work.

What did i forget ? I strongly suspect a sendmail misconfiguration, but i
haven't got a serious clue !

My maillog follows :
Oct 12 16:44:14 firewall sendmail[1503]: e9CEOnI01503: from=[email-masked],
size=167, class=0, nrcpts=0,
msgid=<[email-masked]>,
relay=nobody@localhost
Oct 12 16:44:14 firewall sendmail[1503]: e9CEOnI01503: to=[email-masked],
delay=00:02:25, mailer=local, pri=167, dsn=4.4.3, stat=queued
Oct 12 16:45:26 firewall sendmail[812]: e9CEOnI01503: e9CEi7700812: DSN:
User unknown

If anyone has an idea ... i'd be graceful :-)

Thanks in advance

Fred

Frédéric Le Bastard
Administrateur système - développement web
Tél : 02 40 35 32 32
Fax : 02 40 12 18 74
[email-masked]
Découvrez notre site web : http://www.strathom.com

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:57:06 -0400 (EDT)

Fredrick,

Did you copy over your mailertable - which relays mail delivered to your
firewall to the internal host?  Note - there are, of coarse, other ways to
accomplish this other than the mailertable method.

ted keller

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:19:23 -0400

> Découvrez notre site web : http://www.strathom.com

Check your RCS files to see how you modified your sendmail config files
on your old gateway.  You are right - that is where the problems lie.

If you don't use RCS, shame on you.  Get out your 6.2 CD and pull off
the virgin files, and start doing 'diff's with the versions you had
been using.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.