Subject: IP Masquerading

From: "Jonathan B. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:53:27 -0000

Does anyone know how I might be able use ipchains/ipfwadm to allow outbound FTP Access? The problem I seem to be having is that IPChains does now allow the FTP-Data back on port 20(Probably because the connection didn't originate internally).  Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Jonathan B. Smith
Network Administrator
Aston Office
US² UNITED SUPPORT SYSTEMS
[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:54:16 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

At 02:53 PM 10/23/00 +0000, Jonathan B. Smith wrote:
>Does anyone know how I might be able use ipchains/ipfwadm to allow 
>outbound FTP Access? The problem I seem to be having is that IPChains does 
>now allow the FTP-Data back on port 20(Probably because the connection 
>didn't originate internally).  Any help on this issue would be much 
>appreciated.
You need to load the FTP masquerading module - it adds support for editing 
the data connection.
         -Rick