Subject: smap and relaying

From: Andreas Bischoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:16:44 +0200 (MET DST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Dear all,

on one of our sites in the .com domain the firewall went down due to a broken
disk.

Temporarily I wanted to route emails through our other site in .ch

I changed the Smart Relay host to the firewall in .ch

I also edited the netperm-table to allow the mail hub in .com to
connect to the firewall.

So far so good, BUT:

I can telnet to port 25 on the .ch firewall from the .com mail hub
and I get the greetings, but in syslog on the .com mailhub I get:

Oct 10 08:03:39 basel sendmail[16616]: AAA19996: to=xxx, ctladdr=yyy 
(10026/134), delay=2+07:32:41, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, relay=fw.ise.ch., 
stat=Deferred: Connection timed out with fw.ise.ch.

>From the log file on the firewall I get:

Oct 10 16:38:38 fw netacl[6901]: permit host=aaa.bbb.com service=smap 
execute=/usr/local/etc/smap
Oct 10 16:38:38 fw smap[6901]: connect host=aaa.bbb.com

Does smap read the sendmail.cf file, which of course doesn't permit 
relaying per default ?

Did I miss anything else ?

Regards,

	Andreas