Subject: mail problem

From: Don <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:49:56 -0400

Hi,
I've installed the fwtk 2.1 on my webserver / mailserver.  I am haveing a problem sending and receiving email to/from the outside.  Inspection ofm my log file shows the following error:
smap[1693]:fwtksyserr: cannot open temp file Permission denied
Can someone shed light on this error and what steps I may have to take to fix it?
Thanks,
Don

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:47:45 -0400 (EDT)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Don,

smap/smapd accept mail in and temporarily store it in a directory
specified by the spooldir in your netperm-table.  Verify that you have an
entry like....

smap, smapd:    spooldir /var/inspool

The temp directory is then the /var/inspool directory.

ted keller

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Don wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I've installed the fwtk 2.1 on my webserver / mailserver.  I am haveing a
> problem sending and receiving email to/from the outside.  Inspection ofm
> my log file shows the following error:
>

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:33:07 -0400

>smap[1693]:fwtksyserr: cannot open temp file Permission denied

The directory that you chroot smap to must be owned by the user that you 
run smap under. In other words, if you've got:

smap: userid uucp
smap, smapd: directory /var/spool/smap

then the '/var/spool/smap' directory must be owned by user 'uucp'.
         -Rick