Subject: how to apply the patch to fwtk2.1

From: "Barreira, Fernando [IT]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:20:48 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

	hi there,

	i need to apply this patch "2.9 Patch for specifying ftp data port
in netperm-table [2.1]"
	is there any information on how to do it?

	thanks.

---

From: Chris Wakelin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:40:58 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Hi all,

I've been fiddling with fwtk and IP-filter on Solaris and came across the 
need to restrict the ports allocated by ftp-gw for incoming passive FTP 
data. According to the IP-filter HowTo, WU-FTPD has a configuration option 
for this.

The attached patch adds two extra options to netperm-table e.g.:

ftp-gw: pasv-from-port 30000
ftp-gw: pasv-to-port 31000

allocates passive data ports in the range 30000-31000. If one or both of the 
options are not present, ftp-gw should behave in the normal way.

The patch (probably) assumes you have the PASV patch (2.1.1 in the 
list of patches at www.fwtk.org) installed.

I'm not an experienced programmer, so I ripped the port-binding code out of 
socket.c in x-gw.

It's quite possible I've done something silly, so I'd appreciate it if the 
more experienced people on this list could give it a once-over (it's quite a 
small patch) and let me (and the list) know if it's bad.

Best Wishes,
Chris

--+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+--
Christopher Wakelin,                                [email-masked]
IT Services Centre, The University of Reading,       Tel: +44 (0)118 931 6630
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 2AF, UK                   Fax: +44 (0)118 975 3094