Subject: Missing separator

From: Ilaria Tripodi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:29:34 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

 Hello! My name is Ilaria and I'm a student and a beginer in working
with TIS.
I dowloaded TIS and  compiled  with make comand but I have an error and
I need your help.
The error is this  ( word by word ):
Makefile:16:*** missing separator.Stop.

I'm running a  Red Hat Linux  6.2 and i rename the file
Makefile.config.linux in  Makefile.config and the old Makefile.config in
Makefile.config1.
I read  other  mails  looking at this subject and I tried to use gnumake
or fixmake (and fixmake unfix because mine isn't a BSD system!) as
writed in that mails.
Can anybody explain in detail to me what can I do for installing my
firewall?
I don't understand very well what the README file says.
Thanks in advance.

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:48:36 -0400

> I don't understand very well what the README file says.

I suspect that you didn't configure this, first.  What does your
'Makefile' look like?

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:46:26 -0400

>Makefile:16:*** missing separator.Stop.

PLEASE read the FAQ at http://www.fwtk.org/

You ran "fixmake" on the fwtk makefiles. As the documentation states, you 
ONLY run fixmake on BSD systems. For some reason, probably because they 
didn't read the README, some people run "fixmake" all the time. When you do 
that, fixmake leaves you with unusable makefiles. To correct your error, 
run "fixmake unfix" and try again.

Since you're on Linux, make sure you've copied Makefile.config.linux to 
Makefile.config. Make sure you've got a Berkeley-compatible DBM library, as 
well.
         -Rick