Subject: Where is udprelay 0.3.0-pl16?

From: Gerd Schering <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:07:03 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi, 

the above mentioned udprelay,cited in the patches section
of www.fwtk.org, seems to have disappeared.
At least the links from the fwtk sites point to -> "not found..."
Any idea?

Gerd
------------------------------------------------------
-- Gerd Schering
-- Email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:13:33 -0400

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 05:07:03PM +0200, Gerd Schering wrote:
...
> At least the links from the fwtk sites point to -> "not found..."

Decidedly odd.  The link is to a copy on the machine itself, yet it is
stale.  And the only version I can find outside of fwtk.org itself is
0.2.0.

I don't know what is going on.

Try sending e-mail to the addresses listed there.  Let us know, eh?

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:45:16 -0400

> Try sending e-mail to the addresses listed there.  Let us know, eh?

Wierd indeed... I updated this when I got the new version of updrelay,
but I guess I overwrote the file before I transferred it.

The page has been fixed. It will take a day or so for the mirrors to
update.

-- 
--Keith Young
-Director of Customer Care/Support, V-ONE Corp.
[email-masked]

---

From: Christoph Moench-Tegeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 10:35:36 +0200 (MET DST)

> I don't know what is going on.

The newest release of udprelay ist 0.3.0-pl17, and it has been put up on
fwtk.org, but on some mirrors (rwth-aachen.de, for example), the HTML hasn´t
been updated.
Try
http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/patches/patches/udprelay-0.3.0-p17.tar.gz or
http://${YOURMIRROR}/www.fwtk.org/fwtk/patches/udprelay-0.3.0-p17.tar.gz

Regards
cmt

-- 
Build on 100% commercial OS

---

From: dreamwvr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 23:06:54 -0600

hi,
    if you can't locate it i will see if i still have a cp on one of my 
servers if so will send it to you if you want. well let me know..
				Best Regards,
				[email-masked]

---

From: Gerd Schering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:48:24 +0200

> At least the links from the fwtk sites point to -> "not found..."
 
I found the file under
http://www.scn.rain.com/pub/security/firewalls/

Nevertheless thanks to all who offered sending copies!

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:57:17 -0400

> http://www.scn.rain.com/pub/security/firewalls/

Hmm...

I think that someone at NAI might be interested to read this:
	http://www.scn.rain.com/firewall.html

(only revelant lines are shown)

"SCN Research Firewall Features 

     Up-to-the-date SunOS 4.1.4 or Solaris 2.6, with all current Sun
Microsystems-approved patches applied. All unnecessary kernel and OS
     services disabled. 
     Complete DNS services for firewall system, completely hiding
internal machine names and access. 
     Installation of TripWire, SOCKS, Firewall Toolkit, and other
network security applications. 

Services

Custom Squid Proxy for web caching. Includes support of SSL. [squid-gw?]

SCN Research Costs 

Full system price is $5000 which includes all of the above plus training
on administration of the system. This installation takes one full day
(approx 12
hours). "

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:56:48 -0400 (EDT)

Keith,

This appears to be using the Socks5 proxy (which may have licening issues
itself - even more restrictive that the fwtk) along with a few other
packages.  I don't see any reference to the tool-kit per se.

They seemed to have glued a number of packages together - not all of which
are recognized as secure....or recommened to run on an end user firewall.

Are you seeing something different?

ted keller

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:58:45 -0400

Ted,

> Are you seeing something different?

Ted,

I saw this:
"Installation of TripWire, SOCKS, Firewall Toolkit, and other network
security applications."

along with references to other FWTK features in their features list...

I'm not trying to "tattle" on them, but this is definately a blatant
offense against the FWTK license.

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:58:45 -0400 (EDT)

Well - Went and looked again - and the index of their site came up.  You
are right - the toolkit tarball is setting out there.  I agree - they
appear to be in violation of the agreement - and they are a US company
which probably means the license is enforcable.

I assume NAI is listening and will take their own steps to resolve?

ted keller