Subject: smapd memory problem

From: kemal hajdarevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:56:19 -0400 (EDT)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi people,

I have installed FWTK 2.1 on SuSE 6.4 and there is report in messages log
file: can not fork smapd, couldn't alocate memory.
There are many smapd processes runing if I type ps - ef | grep smapd. So my
idea is that forked smapd children eat all memory
so other services have problems with this smapd thing. Should I use cron
table to kill some of those phantoms or what, I know that it is not possible
to use kill comnad to kill smapd by name in cron table. And how should I
know pid of some future smapd child. Any solution to this problem would be
great.

Thans in advance

Kemal.

______________________________________________
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:52:13 -0400

>idea is that forked smapd children eat all memory

smapd child processes should have a fairly short lifespan - they hand the 
mail to sendmail then exit when sendmail finishes. Is mail getting through OK?
Are there also lots of sendmail processes running? If not, something is 
keeping the smapd processes from seeing the sendmail process exiting. If 
there are a large number of sendmail processes, find out why they're 
getting stuck.
         -Rick