Subject: fwtk ftp-gw question

From: "Barreira, Fernando [IT]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:03:45 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

hi there,

i have fwtk 2.1 running on a solaris 5.6 platform, 
when i go to this particular site, after i login and try setting mode to
"passive" i get:

"We only support stream mode, sorry"

what does this mean? could this be related to the situation i am
experiencing where this same remote ftp server cannot establish a data
session because it uses a ramdom high TCP port as the source and my firewall
in front of the fwtk drops it?

i noticed that on sites that work, the remote ftp server uses instead port
20 as the source data port.

anyfedback would be appreciated.

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:32:54 -0500

>"We only support stream mode, sorry"

Sounds like that FTP server doesn't support passive FTP.

>in front of the fwtk drops it?

Sounds like the firewall in front of the fwtk is part of the problem. If it 
won't permit you to connect to sites that don't use a priv'd data port, 
you're not going to be able to work around that from behind it.
         -Rick