Subject: Smapd - rejecting other domains

From: "Hutchison, Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:32:04 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I have been running the TIS toolkit for quite some time now and have
recently comes across the following problem.

When running smapd I setup my local-domain as "mydomain.com"
This works fine with one exception.  If someone sends mail to
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  I will get an error
message as "host.mydomain.com" does not exist.  This is happening quite
frequently as some has a domain called "hostmydomain.com" and people are
using "host.mydomain.com" resulting in mail going to the wrong site.

As I only want to receive mail from [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>  and not [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>  I would like to reject all mail not
addressed to "mydomain.com".

I am hoping there is an easy way to do this.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 20:23:38 -0500

>Any help is greatly appreciated.

That's not a FWTK question, it's a DNS question :-)
Set up a MX record on your nameserver saying the MX for mydomain.com is 
your server.
Set up a MX record on your nameserver saying the MX for host.mydomain.com 
is their server.
That of course assumes that you own the mydomain.com DNS servers. If 
someone else does, get them to fix this.
         -Rick