Subject: Re: smap: spam-block

From: Jens Sauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:16:41 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

X
Hello,

was asking that myself too.
I was just a reader on this list, thinking about an attempt to install
fwtk on my gateway, but was afraid of the needed patches, because of my
"beginner-status" on FreeBSD.
Could anyone (with experience) please tell me, if there is an alternative
to fwtk, that is providing the same functionality without being this complicated
to install.

Thanks in advance
Jens

> Ok, is anyone using spam-block successfully?  I'm beginning to wonder if
> this
> feature is working at all.

> (BTW, this list has really dropped in volume.  What's everyone using these
> days?  Netfilter?)

> Ken

---

From: "Ken Long" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:57:04 -0700

Heh, a co-worker and I were just talking about how the fwtk is from the "old 
school".  Many of the features are not documented, some of the features are 
mis-documented or simply don't work and to really find out how to make it 
work requires reading the source code.  In fact, if you need anything else 
besides basic proxy services, modifying the source will be necessary.  We've 
had to do that here several times. I think it's time to find a different 
solution what with this list falling by the wayside.

Ken