Subject: Problem with data-port in enhanced pasv support

From: Andreas Priebe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:04:02 +0100 (CET)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I have the ftp-gw with enhanced pasv support
(cf. http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/patches/patches.html#2.11).
The problem comes, when I use the data-port diretive, e.g.

ftp-gw:         pasv true -portonly
ftp-gw:         data-port 62345

this makes a fwtksyserr: bind failed: Address already in use in the logs
and tries a different source port. This failes due to my filter settings.
For now I can of course allow any connections initiated on the
firewall from higher ports to external higher ports. But this isn't
the idea of a more secure featrue :-)

Anybody with similiar problems for the  enhanced pasv support?

TIA,

Andreas
-- 
****************************************************************************
* Andreas Priebe                E-Mail:   [email-masked] *
* Promos consult GmbH & Co KG   Tel/FAX:             030 243 117 -13 / -29 *
****************************************************************************