Subject: fwtk-summ.pl

From: "Nixon, Anthony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:52:59 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I need to get reports concerning the http proxy traffic generated similar to
the other reporting provided by the toolkit (like today-report.sh). I have
tried http-summ.sh and fwtk-summ.pl and can get neither one to work. I am
running the FWTK on an intel RH6.2 box. Has anyone other than the author
(who I have tried to email) got either of these to work? I would prefer
fwtk-summ.pl due to the information is outputs, but it hangs when used. Any
and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Shon Nixon

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:19:01 -0500

At 01:52 PM 12/12/00 -0500, Nixon, Anthony wrote:
>I would prefer

A guess:
Many of the log summary scripts expect a syslog stream as their standard input.
What happens if you use "fwtk-summ.pl </var/log/messages" ?
(assuming your syslog file is /var/log/messages, of course).
         -Rick