Subject: Problem running plug-gw in inetd

From: Alex <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 12:34:11 +0100 (CET)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

I've succesfully installed fwtk on my 486 Debian 2.2 box and I have
trouble when I want to run plug-gw (nntp proxy) into inetd, Although
on daemon mode it works fine.

my inetd.conf:
#:PROXY HTTP
webcache        stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/etc/http-gw
http-gw
#:PROXY NNTP
nntp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/etc/plug-gw plug-gw 
nntp

(the http proxy is ok)

 syslog output when I start plug-gw -daemon 119:
plug-gw[651]: connect host=my.host.client/192.168.0.2
destination=193.252.19.141/119
:-)

 syslog ouput when I start plug-gw in inetd:
plug-gw[657]: deny host=my.host.client/192.168.0.2
service=nntp 
:-(

 /usr/local/etc/netperm-table:
plug-gw: port nntp 192.168.0.* -plug-to 193.252.19.141 -port nntp
plug-gw: port nntp 193.252.19.141 -plug-to 192.168.0.* -port nntp

Someone can help me?

Alex

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 08:53:31 -0500 (EST)

Alex,

change the plug-gw: to nntp:  Version 2.1 of the plug-gw changed the
format of the netperm-table lines a bit.

I think your line should look like...

inetd:

nntp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/etc/plug-gw nntp

and netperm-table:

nntp: port nntp 192.168.0.* -plug-to 193.252.19.141 -port nntp

ted keller

---

From: Michel Bardiaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:32:21 +0100

> plug-gw: port nntp 192.168.0.* -plug-to 193.252.19.141 -port nntp

I assume you are using 192.168.xx.xx addresses for your internal net,
and 193.252.19.141 is your News server. Right?

 > plug-gw: port nntp 193.252.19.141 -plug-to 192.168.0.* -port nntp
Then I don't see what this 2nd line is supposed to do. Could you
clarify?

Season greetings!
-- 
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Rue Margot, 37  B-1457 Nil St Vincent
Tel : +32 10 65.44.15  Fax : +32 10 65.44.10