Subject: ftp-gw not passing "Fin=1" for data

From: "Barreira, Fernando [IT]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:50:03 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

hi there,

i have a machine running fwtk 2.1 on a solaris 5.6 platform, we have a
problem when we try getting files from a particular ftp site.  when we issue
the "get" command, the session appears to hung (we never get the ftp prompt
back).

after looking into some data that i captured, i verified that fwtk gets the
Fin=1 from the remote ftp site (server) but never passes it to the ftp
client, thus the client keeps the data session open until the control
session expires and we get disconnected.
we only have this problem with this particular site ftp1.lewcosec.com

does anybody have experienced a similar situation and have a workaround for
this?
thanks.

---

From: Tony Gale <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:09:58 -0000 (GMT)

Could you do a netstat and see what state the sockets are in for the
connections concerned.

-tony

> does anybody have experienced a similar situation and have a

---
E-Mail: Tony Gale <[email-masked]>
If wishes were horses, then beggars would be thieves.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.