Subject: squid-gw and https problem

From: Beuserie Frédéric (stbrice dsi)<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:05:51 +0100

hi,

I'm in trouble with squid-gw and https
we have two firewall and a dmz, squid-gw on the internal one log,control and
then pass http requests to a http-gw on the outside firewall (it has
'server w.x.y.z p' into netperm-table squid-gw). works pretty fine, but with
-https- uri, it seems that squid-gw try to resolv and connect to the remote
hosts from the local machine (eg, the one where squid-gw runs) and not to
pass request to the outside firewall like with http. 

into the log, I can't see :

Jan 17 13:39:56 firelan squid-gw[31168]: request: CONNECT www.xxx.yy:443
HTTP/1.0
Jan 17 13:39:56 firelan squid-gw[31168]: www.xxx.yy host name lookup failed

in netperm-table, i have a 'connect www.xx.yy' line. ' seems to me that
squid-gw accept the request (from the log).
is squid-gw doesn't able to pass ssl CONNECT requests to one another http
proxy, or a config mistake ?

thanks in advance.

Beuserie Frederic
[email-masked]

---

From: Gerd Schering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:48:12 +0100

> Beuserie Frédéric (stbrice dsi) wrote:

> is squid-gw doesn't able to pass ssl CONNECT requests to one another
> http proxy, or a config mistake ?

Squid-gw always makes SSL connections directly, there is no possibility 
to forward the request to another proxy - as I was told by the author.
(I had the same problem).

Gerd
------------------------------------------------------
-- Gerd Schering
-- Email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------