Subject: compiling problem

From: "Glen, Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:37:26 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi Everyone,

I'm not so sure that this is more of a compiling problem vs a fwtk problem,
but nevertheless. When I try to compile the auth server, I get the error.  

db.c:16: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [db.o] error 1

Has anyone ever seen this and/or know how to fix it? I've searched the disks
and found a copy of this file in /usr/include/gdbm and in /usr/include/db1 (
btw this is redhat 6.2 ).  I even tried copying the file to the directory
where to the other .h files are.  Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 21:41:23 -0500 (EST)

Mike,

This is the header file for the new dbm routines used by the auth
mechanism.  I don't run linux.... - but you should be able to make it work
by copying Makefile.config.linux to Makefile.conf.  This has specfic
language regarding the location of the dbm.h header files.

ted keller

---

From: Varga Zsolt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:37:29 +0100

> where to the other .h files are.  Any help would be appreciated.

Try to make a sym.link:
cd /usr/include
ln -s gdbm/ndbm.h

-- 

---Zsolt---
mailto:[email-masked]