Subject: HI DESPERATE HELP NEEDED

From: seema khanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:28:02 +0530 (IST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

how do I stop mails with a blank from:<>, I don't want them to reach my
server..

pls do help..will be really grateful

regards,
seema

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:13:59 -0500 (EST)

Seema,

Normally, mails with a envelope from line indicate a remote mailer-daemon
talking to you - often regarding non-deliverable messages.  If you block
these, you tend to be non-rfc-821 compliant - and your users will not be
able to received non-deliverable responses.

Some sites, however, have implemented smap changes to prevent <> type
mailerdaemon messages.

I suspect you want to do this to eliminate spam type messages.  There may
be other approaches to this other than violating rfc specifications.

tek

---

From: seema khanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:23:36 +0530 (IST)

thanks for replying...

yes I am aware in doing so I'll be violating RFC regulations...but I'll
not use the rule unles I am sure I am being spammed...I do want my users
to get non-delivery notifications....so pls do tell me how to do it...

regards,
seema