Subject: Possible compile problem

From: Don <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:19:51 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

Running RedHat Linux 6.2 complete fresh install.  Get the following when
running make although I can still install the toolkit:

make[1]: Entering directory
cc -I.. -g -DLINUX   -c -o d
db.c:16: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [db.o] Error 1

Now, ndbm.h exists in two subdirectories, 'gdbm' and 'db1' but when I
copy either file into /usr/include, I get the error:

pass.o: In function `passverify':
/usr/local/fwtk/auth/pass.c:39: undefined reference to `crypt'
pass.o: In function `passset':
/usr/local/fwtk/auth/pass.c:70: undefined reference to `crypt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [authsrv] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/fwtk/auth'

Can I just ignore the first error?

Don

---

From: Jeff Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:52:28 -0500

> Can I just ignore the first error?

Part of this is documented. You have two problems. One you solved by
copying ndbm.h. A better solution may be to prepend "gdbm/" to the
"ndbm.h" include line in the auth directory like this:

#include        <gdbm/ndbm.h>

I think there are three or four files that you have to change. You can
grep for it.

The other problem is documented in "Makefile.config.linux" and the
README. It tells you, among other things to uncomment "AUXLIB= -lcrypt"
for some distributions. Red Hat 6.2 is one. So if you followed all of
the other directions, you should have no other problems.

Jeff