Subject: Problem installing FWTK on Linux

From: Don <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:22:23 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I have a RedHat 6.2 system (fresh) with everything installed and am
attempting to install the FWTK.  After copying the Makefile.config.linux
to Makefile.config and running make, I get the following error
messages.  I looked through the FAQ's and could not find a reference.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXaw
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [x-gw] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/fwtk/x-gw'
make: *** [all] Error 2

---

From: Gerd Schering <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:20:23 +0100

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXaw

libXaw.so is part of the Xfree86-devel rpm which you haven'
probably not installed.
So simply (or first of all) install it and then retry.

Gerd
------------------------------------------------------
-- Gerd Schering
-- Email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------