Subject: How does one compile the Lebayle jumbo-smap patch ? (anti-spam content filter)

From: Stanley Hopcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:53:25 +1100 (EST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would dearly love to use the SPAMBODY options in the Lebayle
jumbo-smap patch to filter the Win.HYBRIS virus (the From: header is
[email-masked]), but I am too stupid to know how to compile smap
with Monsieur Lebayles enhancements.

The patch contains as far as I can tell at least two important files

. Makefile.changes
. smap.c.changes

The smap.c.changes is not a diff file (as far as I can tell) and is
mainly C code with plain text lines like (..-- end of modif -- .. and
.. -- begin of modif-global --.. )

char    sfn[MAXDOMAINLEN] = "sfn.asso.fr";
#endif
---------------------------------end of
modif----------------------------------

---------------------------------begin of modif-global
variables---------------
#ifdef NOSPAM
extern int mailFromSpammer(char *sender, char *hostname, char *addr,
Cfg *configTable);

The README apart from specifying the role of #defines and the use of
the other 6-10 files does not mention building (
tsitc> grep -i build README 
tsitc>
)

Should I inspect the smap.c and the smap.c.changes and add the changes
where I think they belong in smap.c ?

What version of smap.c should I be "patching" ?

Is it a really stupid question to ask if there are any diffs against
smap.c ?

Your comments will be modt grafeully received. (When I email Monsieur
Lebayle, his MTA bounces the letter really quickly with a "content is
spam" reason).

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

S Hopcroft