Subject: plug-gw and samba

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:45:08 +0100

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I want make two plug to server1 and server2 samba.

I have into netperm-table this config :

plug-gw: port netbios-ns 1.2.3.* -plug-to server1 -port netbios-ns
plug-gw: port netbios-ssn 1.2.3.* -plug-to server1 -port netbios-ssn

and into my rc.local, I have :

[...]/plug-gw -daemon 137 netbios-ns &
[...]/plug-gw -daemon 139 netbios-ssn &

How make for append an other plug (samba) to server2 ?

Regards.

---

From: Michel Bardiaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:27:39 +0100

> How make for append an other plug (samba) to server2 ?

Untried WAG: use a relayer.

On *another* machine, say 1.2.3.1, which is not itself a 'true' Samba
server, run plug-gw like this:

in /etc/services: netbios-alt-ns 9137

in netperm-table:

plug-gw: port netbios-ns 1.2.3.* -plug-to firewall -port netbios-alt-ns

in rc.local

plug-gw -daemon 137 netbios-ns

On the firewall:

in /etc/services: netbios-alt-ns 9137

in netperm-table:

plug-gw: port netbios-alt-ns 1.2.3.1 -plug-to server2 -port netbios-ns
plug-gw: port netbios-ns 1.2.3.* -plug-to server1 -port netbios-ns

in rc.local

plug-gw -daemon 137 netbios-ns
plug-gw -daemon 9137 netbios-alt-ns

As I said, this is a wild-assed guess. If I'm wrong, someone please tell
me!

-- 
Michel Bardiaux