Subject: help with transparency needed.

From: Ken Blinco <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:13:32 +1000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

O/S Linux redhat 6.2 (kernel  2.2.14)
FWTK v2.1

I'm getting nowhere fast trying to get transparency working with my fwtk
proxies (need it for http-gw, tn-gw and ftp-gw)
I have applied the transparency patch and have configured my ipchains
rules like this: (I have http-gw running as a daemon on port 8080)

ipchains -A input -p tcp -s $INT_NET -d $ANYWHERE 80 -j REDIRECT 8080

I have my default gateway on an internal host set to the firewall to
test this.
The redirection seems to work as the http-gw logs a permitted
connnection in /var/log/messages.  However, the proxy doesn't try to
forward to connection on to the remote server, but instead just closes
the connection after my browser issues the GET command.

Not alot of detail here, but anyone got any ideas?
Could anyone send me an example config (both netperm-table and ipchains
rules)?

Ken