Subject: Web server on inner side of DMZ

From: "South, Harold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:42:48 -0800

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I'm protecting a small lan with FWTK. I do have a web server that I'd like
to give access to external users. Is plug-gw the best
way to provide this access ?

Thanks in advance.

---

From: Adam Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:01:17 +0000

> way to provide this access ?

it's certainly one way, but whether it's the best depends on your
circumstances. it's a better idea than running http-gw that way round
anyway.

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995
Voysey House                  http://www.thebunker.net
Barley Mow Passage            http://www.aldigital.co.uk
London W4 4GB                 mailto:[email-masked]
UNITED KINGDOM                PGP key on keyservers

---

From: Masih Tavassoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:49:49 +0000

Yes I think so.

We did the same thing a while ago, the only downside to it was that we were losing
the header information of all requests(all the requests were appearing to be
coming from the same host, fw) which is not good if you wanted to do any
statistics reporting.

We had to make a small modification to rewrite the headers so that the reporting
software(webtrend in this case) could tell were the requests came from.

Regards,
Masih