Subject: plug-gw to access internal web server

From: "Luis Fernando Barrera" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:34:20 -0600

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi all,

I know you can use plug-gw to access an internal web
server from the internet...

How can you implement that access to the internal web server,
but in the case you have multiple domains, which are supposed
to point to the same web server, and maybe different servers?

Do you need to add several IP addresses to the external interface
of the firewall?

Luis Fernando Barrera 
[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:25:30 -0500

>to point to the same web server, and maybe different servers?

That depends on what web server you're using, and how it supports multiple 
domain names.
For example, Apache can support multiple virtual hosts all pointing to the 
same IP address - it distinguishes what virtual server to use by using the 
"Host:" header in the HTTP request. In this case, you just have one plug 
and let the web server distinguish.
Microsoft IIS, however, requires that you use different IP addresses or 
different port numbers to distinguish between virtual hosts. In that case, 
you run multiple plug-gw's on the outside that plug to the virtual targets 
on the inside. The plug-gw's on the outside can either bind to different IP 
addresses (assuming you've got the ipbind patch) or different port numbers 
on the outside, each of which point to different internal servers.
         -Rick