Subject: Help!!!

From: Sherif Yusuf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:01:54 +0000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Dear All,

I am a PhD student at Imperial College and I am trying to use the
Firewall Toolkit for my research, but I seem to be having some problems.

I copied Makefile.config.linux to Makefile.config and after typing
'make' I got an error to do with x-gw, so I commented it out in the
Makefile.
Now when I type 'make' I get an error saying:

Entering directory `/homes/sy99/Research/Ponder/AlomainyProj/fwtk/auth'
cc -I.. -g -DLINUX   -c -o db.o db.c
db.c:16: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [db.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/homes/sy99/Research/Ponder/AlomainyProj/fwtk/auth'

I know that the file ndbm.h does exist cos' when I use the 'locate'
command it finds it, so I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Can you help, please.

Thank you
Sherif Yusuf
[email-masked]

---

From: Morelli Enrico <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:30:17 -0100 (GMT+1)

> `/homes/sy99/Research/Ponder/AlomainyProj/fwtk/auth'

Try to change in db.c the following row:
#include <nbdm.h>  to #include <gdbm/ndbm.h>

-- 
                            \\\ //
                            (0 0)
------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------------------------
#============================#=====================================#
|     ENRICO MORELLI         |  email: [email-masked]       |
| *     *       *       *    |  phone: +39 055 4574269             |
|  University of Florence    |  fax  : +39 055 4574253             |
|  CERM - via Sacconi, 6 -  50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY    |
#============================#=====================================#