Subject: Re: SMAP Patch

From: "Mike O'Connor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:14:35 -0500 (EST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

:
:I'm trying to apply the yao smap patch.  The patch goes through fine, but
:when I try to make the file I get the following output.  Where do I rectify
:the undefined reference?  TIA
:
:------------------------------------
:# make smap
:cc -I.. -g -DLINUX   -c smap.c -o smap.o
:cc -g -static -o smap smap.o arpadate.o ../libfwall.a -lcrypt
:smap.o: In function `from_address_ok':
:/apps/src/fwtk/smap/smap.c:2015: undefined reference to `res_query'
:/apps/src/fwtk/smap/smap.c:2015: undefined reference to `res_query'
:collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
:make: *** [smap] Error 1
:

Depending on your Linux system's libc incarnation, res_query may
either be in libc or libresolv.  It looks like in your case, it's
not in libc.  So, you'll need to add -lresolv to the libraries.

-- 
 Michael J. O'Connor | WWW: http://dojo.mi.org/~mjo/ | Email: [email-masked]
 Royal Oak, Michigan | (has my PGP & Geek Code info) | Phone: +1 248-848-4481
 =--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--=
"God must have a goofy sense of humor."                               -Hobbes