Subject: one way ftp service

From: mjani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:39:50 -0600

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi ken,

Did you found out, how to do the following?
thanks,
mitesh

Does anyone know whether it is possible to configure
firewall to have one-way ftp meaning they can only
transferring files in from outside but not transferring out
from inside.

I am confused with Source/Destination on how it filtering
packet.

Any advises or suggests are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken.

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:14:41 -0500

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 06:39:50PM -0600, mjani wrote:
...
> I am confused with Source/Destination on how it filtering

Simply configure [in netperm-table] your ftp-gw to accept connectiond
from outside, but NOT from inside.  Why you would want to do this, I
don't know.

Or do you mean that you want to configure it to allow PUTs from the
outside and not GETs, and GETs from the inside and not PUTs?  I can
see why you might want to do that, but I don't know whether there is
any code in ftp-gw to allow that.  Not too hard to add, of course.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.