Subject: ftp-gw - Patch for enhanced PASV support

From: Bob Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:21:35 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I am having problems when I try to install these patch files (item 2.11
from the patches page at www.fwtk.org).  The data_port.diff and
ftp_pasv_1.diff files seem to load correctly, but when I load the
ftp_pasv_2.diff file, I get the following response:

# patch < ../patches/ftp_pasv_2.diff
   Looks like a unified context diff.
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2141 (offset 79 lines)
Hunk #2 succeeded at 2160 (offset 79 lines)
done

The diff file calls for Hunk #1 to be loaded at line 2230 and Hunk #2 at
line 2246.

Is there another patch that needs to be loaded between ftp_pasv_1.diff
amd ftp_pasv_2.diff?

I am experiencing problems with with the patched ftp-gw not properly
closing the data connections.  Could that be related to the missing lines?

Thanks
Bob

---

From: Tor Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:24:13 -0800

> Is there another patch that needs to be loaded between ftp_pasv_1.diff

The patches have all been applied properly for your system.  The 79
line offset means that I had some other mods in my source when that
diff was made...  A cosmetic oversight as far as you are concerned.

 > closing the data connections.  Could that be related to the missing lines?

The "missing lines" are not missing from the PASV patch.  They are
missing from some other patches that I happen to have in my ftp-gw.c
that you do not have in yours (like transperancy and plug-to).  I do
not recall anything that affects closing of the data connection
however.

-- 
}    __o
}  _(\<._  Tor Perkins           Send me e-mail with subject "get
} (_)/ (_) 985311216@noidDoTnet  pgp key" for automatic response.