Subject: smap anti-spoof

From: Jan Muenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:53:47 +0000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello there,

I wonder whether the yao-patched smap's default behaviour is to
reject mail from hosts which cause a name lookup mismatch is to
reject them...?!

I currently have problems with one person who's mailserver
obviously has a different forward / reverse resolution and this
person is the only one complaining about mail problems. 

In my system's logfiles I only find messages about a possible
spoof and it doesn't look like mail's delivered. From the other
side, the smtp connection is obviously ended by a 451 error and
it doesn't look like mail is delivered. Strangely, this only
seems to occur occasionally, sometimes mail hust gets through...
any hints?

Ciao, Jan
-- 
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin
- EDV -
[email-masked]