Subject: Question about sybase request passthrough function setup

From: "Sun M. account" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:39:35 -0500 (EST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

FWTP Guru

I recently installed fwtp version 2.1 in our system.  I successfully setup
ftp, telnet, and rlogin gateway.  Now, I like to setup sybase gateway for
sybase isql and sybase application.  I checked FAQ and unfortunatelly not
much data there to help me to setup sybase gateway for isql and
application request passthrough(looks like its not possible for
application, just wonder if anyone try it before).  Is anyone done this
before who can give me more direction to start with?

(*SUMMARY:  Application request passthrough I am looking for is:  if I can
setup a sybsae client keeps all sybase server's interface, which acts as
an sybase application gateway as well.  Anyone from outside must set
DSQUERY to backend sybase server, but will point to gateway first, then
redirected the connection to final desitnation by gateway).

Thanx for any reply.
JC