Subject: Maintaining timestamps with ftp-gw

From: Jeff Barnette <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:10:58 -0600 (CST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I asked this question 2 weeks ago and got zero replies.  I'll ask it once
more before putting it in the "nobody knows and they're not sending 'I
dunno' responses".

This regards a RedHat 6.2 box using ncftp as the ftp client.

ncftp has a handy feature whereby it can skip any download where a file
already exists on the local machine with the same name, size and
timestamp.  This works great for me when I use my dial-up connection,
which doesn't go through the ftp-gw.  However, when I use my network
connection at work, which _does_ go through the ftp-gw, the timestamps
always get set to the current time.  Is there a 'switch' or other
technique that I haven't found yet?

Thanks for any help,

Jeff
-- 

John C. Kelley
Computer Scientist
NAILabs at Network Associates, Inc.
Glenwood, MD