Subject: FWTK & SKey...

From: "R. Damian Koziel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 11:35:48 -0700

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Greetings.

I have been all over the net and have been unable to find a distribution of
*both* FWTK and S/Key that will compile GNU C  Version 2.95.2 or the
Sun WorkShop Compiler C Version 4.2 under Solaris 2.6 even after tweaking
the source to amend the list of include files.

If this is a known problem, can anyone point me to another UNIX proxy server
that will handle OTP?  Alternately, pointers to a SSH telnet client/server
that will run either under Solaris 2.6 or NT 4 would also be of interest.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

R. Damian Koziel
XIDAK, Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 17:26:19 -0400

>the source to amend the list of include files.

S/Key is old and uses the older terminal functions; if you try to compile 
it on Solaris it won't work. However, none of the terminal handling code is 
used with FWTK.
You should be able to simply comment out the source lines in S/Key that are 
failing to compile and use what results.

A better idea would be to use something that's being maintained, and which 
uses a better hash - OPIE (One-Time Passwords in Everything) is a better 
choice.
Available from ftp.nrl.navy.mil, or google search for "NRL OPIE".
          -Rick