Subject: Any easy way to specify server for SMTP?

From: "Larry Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:44:20 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I have multiple SMTP servers and was wondering 
if there are any patches to easily change servers?

Right now I am using separate ports for different servers via plug-gw,
but I would really like to specify the server from my mail program.

I currently use pop-gw to specify different POP servers on the username.
I know SMTP doesn't usually need authorization, BUT
I was wondering how hard it would be to use authorization, 
between the client and the firewall only, 
to specify a SMTP server on the username.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

[email-masked]

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:37:35 -0400 (EDT)

Larry,

Not sure if I fully understand your question.... but it seems that you
should be able to use the smap/smapd stuff with sendmail - and use the
sendmail mailertable to direct mail to multiple internal servers.  Am I
barking up the wrong tree?

tek

---

From: Naresh Narang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:08:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

   I am thinking of using proxy arp and Plug-gw to
redirect mail to Internal mail server. I know about
smap but was just wondering if it is safe?

Any inputs?

Thanks,
Naresh

=====
-- Naresh

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. 
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/