Subject: refusing email

From: Don Pro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:32:04 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I am running the FWTK 2.1 w/ all patches on a RedHat Linux 6.2 machine.
If I wish to refuse e-mail from a specific domain adn NOT have it sent
to a specific user, do I make the alteration somewhere in SMAP?

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:07:12 -0400 (EDT)

Don,

My version of the smap program has the support you are looking for.  You
can block a complete domain - or block individual from/to addresses - or
block all addresses for or from a domain.

Let me know if you are interested.

tedkeller

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:02:38 -0400

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:32:04PM -0400, Don Pro wrote:
...
> to a specific user, do I make the alteration somewhere in SMAP?

Can't specify a user [but you can in 'sendmail'].  Can specify a
domain.  If you have the so-called "Yao patch" package of patches
installed, the comments are very detailed.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

---

From: Paul Dunphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:31:34 -0400

Joe (and others),

Do you know of any good lists of well-known spam addresses that we should 
block? Any in netperm-table format? (Wishful thinking, I know, but it never 
hurts to ask... :)

Paul

 >installed, the comments are very detailed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul T. Dunphy, P.Eng.
Systems Administrator/Research Engineer
Centre for the Study of Commercial Activity
Ryerson Polytechnic University
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:26:59 -0400 (EDT)

Paul,

Here's a good link with links to other sites.

http://www.cnx.com/stopspam.html

Also, check out the sendmail.org site.  Believe they have some links to.

ted keller