Subject: [Fwd: http404 : reason hostname unknown.]

From: Richard Meester <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:08:39 +0200

--
Quest Innovations
tel: +31 (0) 227 604046
http://www.quest-innovations.com

Subject: http404 : reason hostname unknown.
From: Richard Meester <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:02:28 +0200

Hello all,

I have a weird problem.
I installed the TIS firewall and everything went well. I was able to
internet, send/receive mail, ftp etc.

I later changed the IP-address to 10.x.x.x. range, and changed the
netperm table file.

I am able to FTP, send/receive email etc, but get a http-gw http 404
error message with reason hostname unknown. The http-gw returns
immediatly after the request has been made. It seems that it cannot find
the resolver files or something, because when i run nslookup hostnames
are resolved correctly. I reinstalled the whole machine with linux
redhat 6.2, but have the same problem.

Any hints,

Richard

--
Quest Innovations
tel: +31 (0) 227 604046
http://www.quest-innovations.com