Subject: RE: Port

From: Fritsch Jonathan D CONT PSNS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:57:03 -0700

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Does anyone know what kind of plug-gw I might use?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 6:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Port

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in
the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

>   What file do I need to modify to open all my port or allow traffic
> though,
> and what do I need to say in the file to allow port 1 though 65535 to
> be
> open?

You can't. The thing with application level gateways such as the fwtk
is they don't forward packets at the transport layer, i.e. on the IP
layer itself. An fwtk host is not a router, thus you can't just heave
arbitrary packets to certain ports to the other interface. You might
take a look at plug-gw for allowing certain additional services. 

Bye, Jan

-- 
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin
- EDV -
[email-masked]