Subject: Updated smap routine

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:33:53 -0400 (EDT)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Sorry for the previous send.... My fingers aren't working yet this
morning.

For all of you who use my version of the smap/smapd routines, I've fixed a
couple of things....

1. smap now correctly identifies the rub-out character.  Before I was
incorrectly tagging on the "?" character - that was messing up some of the
matching routines when looking for a ? in the spam routines.

2. I've also elinated multiple spacing on the input and spam file.
Multiple blank characters on the input message are eliminated and compared
directly with the spam file. Note - scan trough your spamfile and
eliminate multiple blanks there.

This is available at the normal place - again the file is hidden... Pick
it up by name  --  smap.tar.

If you don't remember - or anyone else want's it - drop me a quick line
and I will tell you where it is.

ted keller