Subject: I've just taken over admin duties for FWK firewall -beginners q uestions -

From: "Skolnik, Ed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:10:42 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I've just taken over admin duties for our FWK firewall on BSD Unix.

*	How do I find out what release of the tool kit I am using?
*	How can I open up multiple ports, do I need multiple plug-gw's or
can I wildcard it?

Looking to open up about 600 ports for SAP GUI traffic

ed

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:47:53 -0400

>Looking to open up about 600 ports for SAP GUI traffic

600 ports? About the only way you can do this is to have 600 plug-gw instances.
Isn't there a better alternative? Socks, or some other mechanism, such as 
limiting the port range?
Actually, why do you need to run a "SAP GUI" through your firewall? Do you 
have business support applications actually running outside the firewall? 
Or is this traffic going to a partner that doesn't care about security? If 
it's going to another network, running this over a VPN would be the best 
solution.
         -Rick