Subject: dealing with mail to non-existant accounts

From: "Wes Szumera" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:20:41 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Pardon me if you recieved this twice. My first post was to the wrong address.

What is the best way(s) to deal with users that leave as far as e-mail 
is concerned.  I deleted the mail accounts of some people that 
recently left us but now get a host unknown message when mail 
makes it to the internal mail server that no longer has an acount and 
then tryies to return it to the originating address in the e-mail that 
really doesn't exist since most of this is spam, opt-in spam, ect that 
has an address you can't reply to.

It is getting a bit anoying and since smap is accepting the mail, the 
junk mailers keep sending the stuff.  What is best way to block.  We 
are talking about 9 or 10 people tops.

Thanks,

WEs

Wes Szumera                    

Plant Engineer           
Eagle Trim Inc.  
0829 US 131 NW
Kalkaska, MI  49646-0460

voice 231 258 4150 ext 3024
fax   231 258 4153