Subject: rewriting headers...?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:09:13 -0000 (GMT)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello everybody,

I am slightly confused. 

Since, as I guess all of us do, I have a split DNS setup, I have
an internal mailserver and smap/smapd/sendmail as a mailrelay.
Unfortunately, my mail headers are really, really ugly. 

Whilst my internal mailserver masquerades nicely, addding the
masquerading features to my mailrelay's sendmail configuration
was ineffective - it still writes itself into the headers with
its internal hostname and adds the internal mailserver's IP
address as well as its own to the header, which bothers me even
more. 

I thought twiddling the sendmail config the usual way would help
me here, since I've always assumed sendmail is the one that
delivers outgoing traffic...

Does smap rewrite the header with its own values...? The
'smap/smapd' bit implies that... Also, is there any way of
changing the hostname that smap reports when contacting port 25
apart from hardcoding it in the source?

Though it all does work, I'm not satisfied... Could anybody
provide me with useful info here...?

TIA and cheers,

Jan

-- 
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin
- EDV -
[email-masked]