Subject: plug-gw

From: Fritsch Jonathan D CONT PSNS <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 08:39:56 -0700

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I'm trying to configure my TIS to allow all traffic from a source though the
Firewall on any port.  The product that I'm using requires daily update, and
TIS is currently blocking the source from allow the traffic though.  Can you
help?

- Jonathan

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:16:23 -0400

>TIS is currently blocking the source from allow the traffic though.  Can you

The Firewall Toolkit doesn't have any way to permit connections on any port.

Does this application really use a completely arbitrary destination port 
number? If so, there has to be some way that the port number is 
communicated between the client and the server; you'll either have to write 
a proxy to find out that port number, or you'll have to resort to using 
packet filtering rules to allow this traffic through.
         -Rick