Subject: Help Needed

From: "Biswajit Sen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:00:29 +0530

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

I have installed TIS PLUG-GW (Ver. FWTK-2.0) generic proxy server on a HP UX 
Box (Ver. B.11.00 U 9000/800).  I tried to connect two different database 
server through this proxy server from a client PC. I can successfully 
connect to one database server (running dedicated Oracle server ver. 
7.3.4.4.1) using SQLPLUS. But I am unable to connect to second proxy server 
using SQLPLUS. Second database server is running on Multithreaded Oracle 
ver.7.3.4.4.1

I am able to ping second database server from proxy server. Also if I use 
"TELNET <PROXY-SERVER-IP> <PORT-WHERE-PLUG-GW-IS-LISTENING>"
I am getting a connection.

Is this version of plug-gw capable of giving connection to a Multithreaded 
Oracle database server or I need to install any patch for that ?

Your early response is highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Biswajit

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:57:28 -0400

> Oracle database server or I need to install any patch for that ?

This is one of very many purposes for which plug-gw is totally
unsuited.

IIRC, the multi-threaded SQL server uses its primary port solely for
the purpose of negotiating a second port.  This second port - different
for each thread - is the thread on which the transaction takes place.

You will need a multi-threaded SQL proxy.  I believe that TIS Gauntlet
or ANS InterLock may have this.  I don't believe that FWTK does.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:14:03 -0600 (MDT)

IIR there is a proxy for oracle that was referred to at freshmeat ..
can't help further as simply the long term mem has got
corrupted..
----------------------------------------
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Date: 14-May-2001

Open Source Opens Minds. - DREAMWVR.COM
----------------------------------------