Subject: Compile error

From: TomC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 21:06:22 +0800

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi all,
I met the compile error in bsdi 4.1

all: /usr/home/xyz/fwtk/fwtk/lib
all: /usr/home/xyz/fwtk/fwtk/auth
gcc -g -o authmgr authmgr.o ../libauth.a ../libfwall.a
../libfwall.a(conn.o): In function `conn_server':
/usr/home/xyz/fwtk/fwtk/lib/conn.c:56: undefined reference to
`inet_addr'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

How to fix?

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 21:01:57 -0400

>/usr/home/xyz/fwtk/fwtk/lib/conn.c:56: undefined reference to

Try "man inet_addr" on your BSDI system. What header files are required to 
define it? Are there any special libraries that you need to include to 
reference it?
That's usually in the C library, but your OS may have moved it to some 
other library; that will require you to edit the Makefile.config to add 
that library to the AUXLIBS definition.
         -Rick