Subject: second internal smtp host.

From: Richard Meester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:40:43 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello all,

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but i nees an answer and don't
know where to ask.

I have a machine setup with sendmail and smap. I have a domain x.y. Now
i wan't to add another sub-domain a.x.y. I have entered an entry in my
DNS record for this sub-domain  machine.a.x.y.

What i now need to do, and don't know how to do is that email send to my
main mail sorter which is for the sub domain a.x.y is redirected to this
other machine instead of out. Right know the mailer doesn't see that it
should redirect mail for a.x.y. to another machine inside the network,
and tries to send out the email to the smart host specified in the
sendmail.cf.

Can you help??

Regards,

Richard

--
Quest Innovations
tel: +31 (0) 227 604046
http://www.quest-innovations.com

---

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

You'll have to work with DNS.  The way I do this is have an entry in
named.conf and a file db.thedomain.  In named.conf I do primary name
resolution and I set the MX record in db.thedomain to point to the target
smtp server.