Subject: FWTK and LINUX 2.4 Kernel

From: "Kee, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:49:27 -0500

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

I was just curious if anyone out there has tried using the FWTK in
conjunction with the linux kernel firewall/router capabilities, specifically
Netfilter and IPtables. I really like the capabilities of the linux 2.4
kernel, however I feel that firewalling should be handled by a proxy
firewall. I would like to setup a Linux firewall with IPtables/netfilter
where the rules basically redirect the traffic to the specified proxies. In
any case, I would like to hear from any of you who have tried this kind of
config. 

Thanks
BAK

---

From: David Lang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

it works, and the other advantages of the 2.4 series make the proxies work
quite a bit better (especially when you get to large numbers of them)

David Lang

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Kee, Brian wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:49:27 -0500
> From: "Kee, Brian" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: FWTK and LINUX 2.4 Kernel
>
--
John C. Kelley
Development Engineer
NAILabs at Network Associates, Inc.
Glenwood, MD