Subject: Squid-gw & hotmail.com

From: Mark Wiater <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:30:19 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

I've gotten and installed squid-gw annd am quite pleased with the granularity 
of control over mobile code that it gives me.

I am having a problem with hotmail though and was wondering if anyone else 
has either experienced the problem or has developed a solution.

The problem seems to be that after login, hotmail assumes that javascript is 
disabled even though the only way that I could have gotten to the point in 
the login process that I've reached is to execute javascript...

The pertinent sections of the netperm-table are enclosed:

squid-gw:       permit-destinations http*://*.hotmail.com -class msn
squid-gw:       permit-destinations http*://*.msn.com -class msn
squid-gw:       permit-destinations http*://*.avenuea.com -class msn
squid-gw:       permit-connect *.passport.com -class msn
squid-gw:      permit-destinations http://*.*.*.*
squid-gw:      permit-destinations http://*.*.*

squid-gw-msn:   href http: https: javascript: cslid:
squid-gw-msn:   allow javascript cookies java object embed
squid-gw-msn:   script verbatim

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Mark