Subject: Re: Secure Shell

From: Harald von Fellenberg - Sun Switzerland Zurich - Technology Strategy Office <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:57:55 +0200 (MET DST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

If you compile SSH with tcp-wrapper support (which you should do anyway), then 
it supports the /etc/hosts.{allow,deny} mechanism. I do this with openssh, to be 
precise.

Harald von Fellenberg

>
>Don,
>
>SSH supports the concept of AllowHosts that are permitted to connect to
>the machind.  The allowable hosts are listed by IP numbers separated by
>spaces if I remember coorectly.
>
>ted keller
>
>
>On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Don wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've set up a SSH server on my RedHat Linux 6.2 server.  I also have the 
Internet firewall toolkit 2.1 with all available patches installed.  Using any 
Secure Shell client software, I am able to log on to my server through the 
internet from any external internet connection.
>>
>> My question is as such: Is there a facility within the FWTK that will 
restrict SSH logins from specific I.P's that I specify, possibly within the 
netperm-table file??
>> Thanks,
>> Don