Subject: TR: fwtk newbie: compile problem

From: "MARCON Michel, CETU/SG/Informatique" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:28:41 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello.

Using a Linux Slackware platfomrm with /etc/shadow, I have a misfunctionning
authsrv program. (compilation was OK). I have #define AUTHPROTO_PASSWORD in
auth.h.
But authsrv refuses to add a password to the use admin: crash with "Segment
violation ..."

After fumbling here and there I had to [manually] patch .../auth/pass.c
because the crypt function wants the salt argument to begin with "$1$".
How come this doens'nt makes any comùole error/warning ??

Or have I missed soething important??

--------------------------
Michel Marcon
SysAdmin Unix & Windows NT
Ministere Equipement, CETU
Tel (33) 04 7214-3408