Subject: Re: your mail

From: "Mathias Haas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:58:36 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi!

I'm trying to access FWTK with only ftp-gw installed and I constantly get
this message:

Client:
C:\>ftp 134.25.115.244
Connected to 134.25.115.244.
500 unknown/134.25.201.222 not authorized to use FTP proxy

Server:
Aug 22 11:28:32 proxy ftp-gw[300]: 134.25.201.222 host address lookup failed
Aug 22 11:28:32 proxy ftp-gw[300]: deny host=unknown/134.25.201.222 use of
gatew
ay

My guess is that FWTK wants to make a NS-lookup and can´t find a
corresponding name. If this is so, how can I turn it off? Or is it
"something completely different" ? :-)

My netperm-table looks like this:

ftp-gw: denial-msg      /usr/local/etc/ftp-deny.txt
ftp-gw: welcome-msg     /usr/local/etc/ftp-welcome.txt
ftp-gw: help-msg        /usr/local/etc/ftp-help.txt
ftp-gw: timeout 3600
ftp-gw: permit-hosts *
ftp-gw: permit-hosts * -authall -log { retr stor }

I tried ftp-gw: permit-hosts 134.25.* but to no avail.

Cheers,
Mathias.

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:52:25 -0400 (EDT)

Mathias,

Change the -authall to -auth { retr stor }

and try it.  I suspect you are not entering the correct authentication
string on the connection (no username/password settings).

ted keller