Subject: smap spam patch problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:55:09 +0200 (CEST)

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello everybody,

I tend to have a problem with Joe Yao's smap patch. While the
general relaying-protection works nicely, I can't get any of the
other anti-spam functions to work. 

Here's an excerpt from netperm-table:

smap, smapd:    userid daemon
smap, smapd:    directory /var/spool/smap
smap:           domains *.hundert6.de hundert6.de hundert6.com
*.hundert6.com *.
hundertsechs.de hundertsechs.de radio.hundert6.de
*.hundertsechs.com hundertsech
s.com
smap:           hosts mail.inhundert6.de
smapd:          executable /usr/local/etc/smapd
smapd:          sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
smap:           timeout 7200
#smap:          spam-block deny moutvdom00.kundenserver.de
smap:           spam-block deny [email-masked] *
smap:           spam-block deny [email-masked] [email-masked]
smap:           scrub-spam 1
smap:           spam moutvdom00.kundenserver.de
herbst-sendler.de server.herbst-
sendler.de
#smap:          deny spam fw08.t-online.net
#smap:          check-from-address 1

So, what I desperately tried to achieve was blocking all mails
from herbst-sendler.de and server.herbst-sendler.de . The
sending MX itself had its IP resolving to
moutvdom00.kundenserver.de, so I tried that as well. To no
avail, mail is still accepted. Can anyone give me a hint as to
what I've done wrong???

Cheers,

Jan

-- 
Radio HUNDERT,6 Medien GmbH Berlin
- EDV -
[email-masked]