Subject: data port patch for ftp-gw on Solaris 8

From: "Francois BELLIARD - FT.BD/FTRD/DRHG/RSCL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:15:28 +0200

I want to patch "ftp-gw.c" to enable the data port to 20 
in "netperm-table". 
The server is a Sparc Solaris 8. 

I have the following errors when i apply it. 
Do i have the good files ? 
Or is there an other way to patch the source ? 

# patch -b -i ftp-gw.patch ftp-gw.c 
  Looks like a new-style context diff. 
Hunk #1 failed at line 9. 
Malformed patch at line 80: 
patch: Line must begin with '+ ', '  ', or '! '. 

# ls -ltr 
total 462 
-rw-r-----   1 501      100          753 Nov  5  1994 Makefile 
-r--r-----   1 501      100        39565 Feb  6  1998
ftp-gw.c.sav_ori_avant_patch_port_data 
-r--r-----   1 501      100        39565 Feb  6  1998 ftp-gw.c 
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other      41724 Jul  6 08:36 ftp-gw.o 
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      67272 Jul  6 08:36 ftp-gw 
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other       2209 Aug 23 17:24 ftp-gw.patch 

François BELLIARD

FTR&D/DRHG/RSCL - (33) (0)2 96 05 22 51

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:56:16 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

>patch: Line must begin with '+ ', '  ', or '! '.

The most likely cause for this is you edited the patch using an editor that 
word-wrapped the file. That causes the patch program to reject it.
I would suggest that you download the patch again and don't edit it - patch 
will ignore anything in the file before or after the patch.
         -Rick

---

From: "Francois BELLIARD - FT.BD/FTRD/DRHG/RSCL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:31:18 +0200

I just had suppressed the "^M" at the end of lines with "vi" editor. 
But i downloaded the patch again and its always the same error. 
If someone has a solution ... Or i'll do it manually 

Rick Murphy wrote: 

At 06:15 PM 8/23/01 +0200, Francois BELLIARD - FT.BD/FTRD/DRHG/RSCL
>patch: Line must begin with '+ ', '  ', or '! '. 

The most likely cause for this is you edited the patch using an editor
that 
word-wrapped the file. That causes the patch program to reject it. 
I would suggest that you download the patch again and don't edit it -
patch 
will ignore anything in the file before or after the patch. 
         -Rick

-- 

François BELLIARD

---

From: Tony Gale <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Aug 2001 11:11:15 +0100

Use GNU patch

-tony

On Mon, 2001-08-27 at 13:31, Francois BELLIARD - FT.BD/FTRD/DRHG/RSCL