Subject: Problems compiling FWTK

From: "Mathias Haas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:37:40 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Aloha!

I'm trying to compile FWTK under FreeBSD4.3 and it's giving me a small
headache.
The first thing I had to do was to change the order of types.h and signal.h
in daemon.c as stated in the FAQ. Then I also had to add -lcrypt to the
AUXLIB setting in Makefile.config, also from the FAQ. It still wouldn't
compile and I changed the path in Makefile.config for the XLIBDIR from
"XLIBDIR=/usr/X11/lib" to "XLIBDIR=/usr/lib" and "XINCLUDE=/usr/X11/include"
to "XINCLUDE=/usr/include". I thing this is correct?

Now it still won't compile and maybe that's no wonder. As you can see from
the Make-result, it can't find "Intrinsic.h". Can anyone tell me why? :-)

Cheers,
Mathias

--- dump ---
[...]
cc -I.. -g  -g -o http-gw hmain.o http-gw.o ftp.o gof2html.o  auth.o error.o
ico
ns.o gio.o ver.o noproxy.o  ../libfwall.a ../libauth.a -lcrypt
all: /tmp/fwtk/x-gw
cc -I.. -g  -I/usr/include -c child.c
In file included from child.c:14:
ulib.h:26: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/fwtk/x-gw.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/fwtk.

--- end dump ---

---

From: Gerd Schering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:50:39 +0200

Mathias Haas wrote:

>......
> It still wouldn't

Only if your X11 include files really reside in those locations. 

> the Make-result, it can't find "Intrinsic.h". Can anyone tell me why? :-)

Difficult question! 
Normally Intrinsic.h is part of the X11 development system.
So if you have not installed the development system, do so
and then recompile.

Good luck!
------------------------------------------------------
-- Gerd Schering
-- Email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:03:42 -0400

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 04:37:40PM +0200, Mathias Haas wrote:
...
> to "XINCLUDE=/usr/include". I thing this is correct?

NO.  It is NOT correct.  You have defined the X11 include directory and
library to be the same as the regular C include directory and library.
This is almost certainly NOT correct.

> the Make-result, it can't find "Intrinsic.h". Can anyone tell me why? :-)

You have probably not installed the X11 development file sets on your
FreeBSD machine.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.