Subject: Can't create directory through ftp-gw?

From: "Mathias Haas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:46:26 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello!

As you've all seen I'm quite new to FWTK and all it's beauties and my ftp-gw
seems to be working now except for one little thing. Thanks everyone for the
help so far!

My problem right now is that I can't seem to be able to create directories
through ftp-gw. If I type "mkdir newdir" I get "unknown command" as
response. If I type only "mkdir" it'll ask me for the directory name, and
then give me the "unknown command".

I can create the directory locally on the server with the same account
logged in.

Kind regards,
Mathias Haas.

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 06:45:50 -0400 (EDT)

Mathias,

Let me guess, your trying to use a windows client.  The Microsoft ftp
client sends an old style xmkd command to the ftp server when you issue a
mkdir command.  ftp-gw doesn't natively support that command.  The
following patch corrects that problem.

*** ftp-gw.c.dist	Mon Oct 25 20:43:51 1999
--- ftp-gw.c	Mon Oct 25 20:43:16 1999
***************
*** 137,142 ****
--- 137,143 ----
  	"rest",		OP_CONN,			0,
  	"rmd",		OP_CONN|OP_XTND,		0,
  	"mkd",		OP_CONN|OP_XTND,		0,
+ 	"xmkd",		OP_CONN|OP_XTND,		0,
  	"syst",		OP_CONN,			0,
  	"acct",		OP_CONN,			0,
  	"quit",		OP_AOK,				cmd_quit,

ted keller