Subject: More on Solaris fwtk and java not working...

From: Geoff Swavley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:55:34 +1000

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

OK ..... I now have a good test site to share with the list:

http://www.gio.com.au

Through fwtk this does not load at all!! (a blank screen). If you 
bypass fwtk then you get the page which looks like this:

ftp://ftp.dlwc.nsw.gov.au/pub/gio.jpg

If any of you are using fwtk on a Solaris 2.6 or newer platform
and you can load the above URL then I *definitely* want to know
what patches you applied.

Thanks James Seymour for your comments and suggestions .... I will
try changing the MTU size tonight ..... interesting that the
Gauntlet product has the same problem and it is commercial???

geoffs :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Geoff Swavley                       Email : [email-masked]
UNIX Sys Admin                      Snail : Level 8, 10 Valentine Ave,
Support and Network Operations              Parramatta   NSW   2150
Dept of Land and Water Conservation         Sydney  Australia
                                            Phone : 61-2-98957125
http://www.radx.net/~geoffs                 Fax   : 61-2-98957086
Mobile: 61-425-224475 / 61-2-83004475       Home  : 61-2-83389510
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember that amateurs built
  the Ark and professionals built the Titanic." - anonymous.

---

From: Geoff Swavley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:44:27 +1000

Bob Ward wrote:
> Attached - good luck.
> Regards
> Bob
Thanks Bob - I get the same error with your tar ball  as I did with
the jumbo patch when I try to compile it under Solaris 2.6 on a
SUN server. Prior to exploding your tar ball of the http-gw "patched"
code, the aource compiled no worries at all. This is the error, is
FIONREAD something that is unique to the libraries of BSD maybe???:

orat[33]# make
/usr/local/bin/gcc -I.. -O -DSYSV -DSOLARIS  -c  hmain.c
/usr/local/bin/gcc -I.. -O -DSYSV -DSOLARIS  -c  http-gw.c
http-gw.c: In function `copy_http_headers':
http-gw.c:1374: `FIONREAD' undeclared (first use in this function)
http-gw.c:1374: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
http-gw.c:1374: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `http-gw.o'

-- 
geoffs :-)

---

From: Tony Gale <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Aug 2001 08:55:59 +0100

> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `http-gw.o'

FIONREAD is a flag to ioctl(). My Solaris system is down at the moment,
you could check the man page for ioctl.

-tony

---

From: Tony Gale <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Aug 2001 10:44:08 +0100

Adding

#include <sys/ioctl.h>

to the top of http-gw.c should fix it.

-tony