Subject: how do I enable fwtk logging to FreeBSD 4.3 standard syslogd???

From: "Dirk.Nerling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:58:13 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hello,

I try to get FWTK 2.1 to work. Unfortunately I don't get the any messages
from the toolkit logged to my syslogd. firewall.h has LOG_NOTICE and I do
have *.notice in my syslogd.conf. Do I really need the fwtk syslogd ???

thanks in advance and best regards
Dirk Nerling
--
Dirk Nerling, PDV-Systeme Erfurt, Haarbergstr. 73, 99099 Erfurt, phone:
++49-361-4407144
            PGP Fingerprint: C559 FF0E BAD0 9E09 F720  20F3 683E 357F 69B5
CC83
                       	             http://www.pdv.de

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 21:31:34 -0400

>have *.notice in my syslogd.conf. Do I really need the fwtk syslogd ???

No, the fwtk syslogd isn't necessary. Some operating systems do have 
problems with log calls performed from chroot'd processes; maybe that's 
what you are seeing.
Try building with USE_UDPSYSLOG defined (add a define to your 
Makefile.config) and see if that works (make sure you "make clean" after 
editing the Makefile.config).
         -Rick