Subject: Performance using squid and squid-gw

From: Gerd Schering <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:13:26 +0200

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi all,

we have the following configuration

outer proxy(squid) <---> fwtk/squid-gw <---> inner proxy (squid)
 
All Users behind the firewall are forced to use the inner proxy, if 
they want to acces the web. Squid-gw forwards the requests to the 
outer proxy. The response is scanned by squid-gw for activeX etc.
Unfortunately the performance of the system ist not too good and we 
are unsure which of the the three components is (the most) responsible.
We can see, that the CPU time needed by squid-gw ist rather small, so 
it could be more a sort of a I/O related problem then a problem 
of scanning the documents by squid-gw.

Has anyone experience with a similar configuration or any hint, 
what we could do, to increase the performance?

Any help is welcome!

Cheers, Gerd

------------------------------------------------------
-- Gerd Schering
-- Email: [email-masked]
-- TU Berlin, Zentraleinrichtung Rechenzentrum
-- Sekr. E-N 50, Einsteinufer 17, 10587 Berlin
-- phone: +49 30 314 24383
-- fax:   +49 30 314 21060
------------------------------------------------------

#########################################################
# Meine digitale Unterschrift wurde vom Trustcenter     #
# der Technischen Universität Berlin zertifiziert.      #
# Sie können sie nach Installation des                  #
# Wurzelzertifikats dieses Trustcenters verifizieren.   #
# Das Wurzelzertifikat erhalten Sie durch Aufruf von    #
#   http://ca.tu-berlin.de/certs/TUB-TC2000cert.der     #
#########################################################