Subject: ftp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:51:03 -0400

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to [email-masked].]

Hi,

  I am new to fwtk.  I am trying to set up a Solaris 8 box so that only
specific hosts can ftp to it.
I was successful at getting one host to ftp to the box while locking out
other hosts.  However,
modifications to my netperm-table file to add additional hosts don't seem
to be working.
Does t he file need to be re-read someway?  I have tried putting multiple
hosts on one
line and putting a separate line in for each host.  Still I can only ftp
into the box from the
original host I specified. I did stop and restart the inet services on the
Solaris box
and that didn't change things either.  I'd appreciate any help.
   Thanks.

Betty

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

So Betty,

What tool are you using to limit the connections?  netacl?

ted keller

---

From: Kris Herrin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:44:49 -0500

Does anybody know if the smap/smapd bug recently discovered is present
in FWTK or not?? I've have been so far unsuccessful in getting further
details of the bug.

Thanks.

---

From: "Ken Long" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:21:58 -0600

The bugtraq archive message that announced this is at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/212033

I'm curious about whether this is in FWTK as well.

Ken

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 21:35:55 -0400

>in FWTK or not?? I've have been so far unsuccessful in getting further

Like the others, I don't have any details about the Gauntlet smap problem. 
However, the two proxies have significantly diverged; I'd be surprised if 
there was a common bug. The fact that only recent Gauntlet releases are 
listed as vulnerable also leads me to think that this is a bug in Gauntlet 
code only.

If I get more details about the problem - or an assertion that the FWTK 
isn't  vulnerable, I'll let the list know.
         -Rick

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:46:02 -0400

FYI, for those who are running mirrors of fwtk.org, the mirroring 
address has changed. Please point to "199.181.80.151". You should be 
using the same login/password.

If you have any questions, please let me know at either this e-mail or 
at "[email-masked]".

P.S. Testing on the "smap" issue is still ongoing (I am still trying to 
get details from NAI).

-- 
--Keith Young
[email-masked]