Subject: [fwtk-users] Re: Segments

From: Fritsch Jonathan D CONT PSNS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:00:15 -0700

Okay, so your eth1 is your internet or external network then, and gw being
your machine name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Long [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 11:46 AM
To: fwtk-users
Subject: [fwtk-users] Re: Segments

Hi,

This answer has two parts. You must make entries in your netperm-table to 
allow for your multiple subnets. For instance, here's a single permit-
hosts line from mine:

netacl-http:    permit-hosts 172.16.1.* 172.16.2.* 172.16.3.* 172.16.4.* 
172.16.5.* 172.16.6.* -exec /usr/local/etc/http-gw

Additionally, you must set up routing from your fwtk box to all of your 
subnets. This is how I have mine:

/sbin/route add -net 172.16.1.0 gw 172.16.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth1
/sbin/route add -net 172.16.3.0 gw 172.16.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth1
/sbin/route add -net 172.16.4.0 gw 172.16.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth1
/sbin/route add -net 172.16.5.0 gw 172.16.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth1
/sbin/route add -net 172.16.6.0 gw 172.16.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth1

These static route commands were entered into one of my startup scripts 
so they are set at each bootup.

I use a separate router as the central hub of all my internal subnets. 
That router has the fwtk box ip as it's default route so that packets can 
find their way back out to the Internet.

Regards,
Ken Long

On 24 Oct 2001, at 11:12, Fritsch Jonathan D CONT PSNS wrote:

> How do you configure FWTK when you have more than one segment?

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]