Subject: [fwtk-users] Re: Stop Relay

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:56:01 -0400

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:04:03AM -0300, Operador Certisign wrote:
> Hi folks,
> 
> I want to use smap on my mail server and I would like to know the best way
> to stop
> relay on smap.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Leonardo Guimaraes
> System Administrator.

'smap' is not intended for use on your mail server.  It is intended for
use on a firewall bastion host, to filter mail and pass it through to
your name server.  See "Building Internet Firewalls" by Zwicky, Cooper,
and Chapman <URL: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/fire2/> if you're not
already familiar with the concepts.

There are several patches for 'smap' on www.fwtk.org that allow you to
stop relaying, including a collection of patches that I put together,
commented, and debugged to some degree
<URL: http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/patches/patches.html#2.2>.

--
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   This message is not an official statement of OSIS Center policies.

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]