Subject: [fwtk-users] Problem using http-gw to deny browsers

From: "Todd Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:03:07 -0500

Hi folks,

I just attempted to add a few limiting entries to my netperm-table file
which would deny users access to a few select websites.  I found that this
worked for a short period of time, and then without warning (or any
changes), http-gw starts denying traffic to any and/or all web sites.
Here's what I tried:

http-gw: permit-hosts 192.168.22.*  -dest !*.pager.yahoo.com -dest
!*.icq.com -dest !login.oscar.aol.com -dest *

It would seem that the majority of the time this works fine, but
occasionally http-gw will log and deny traffic that should not get denied!
Somehow, http-gw gets confused and breaks.  Has anyone else seen this
behavior, and does anybody have any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks,

Todd

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 22:16:59 +0600 (IST)

hai,
i also attempted the same problem,
then i changed my browser settings
in netscape, edit->preferences->
give the option to access the page every time, 
not once per session,
i works for me.
bye.

Quoting  Todd Williams <[email-masked]>:

> You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------
This mail helped a tree grow. Know more at http://green.sify.com

Want to win a PC or Palm Tops or Digital Diaries or T-Shirts?
Click here http://promos.sify.com/niit/main.asp?mail

---