Subject: [fwtk-users] smap updates

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 23:07:10 -0500 (EST)

Just in case anyone is interested, I updated my smap program again.  These
updates dramatically improve the effectiveness of the content filtering
feature by now recognizing basic html tags (like &nbsp; and %quot;) and
now allow filters to pass across multiple input lines.  I've also redid
the algorithm and have significantly reduced the IO and computational
needs for the program.  It now runs nearly as fast as the unmodiffied smap
programs.

I've been running it stable for a week or so now - so I think the code is
pretty solid.  We are scrapping off > 30,000 unwanted spam messages - and
that has a direct impact on the support levels for mail adminstration.

I've also integrated the first of Rick Murphy's patches into the code.  I
will get more later.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will tell you where to pick up
the code.

ted keller

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Naresh Narang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 12:21:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ted,

I am interested.

Thanks
Naresh

--- Ted Keller <[email-masked]> wrote:
> You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as:
> [email-masked]

=====
-- Naresh

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

---

---

From: Keith Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:09:39 -0500

> needs for the program.  It now runs nearly as fast as the unmodiffied smap
	<snip>
> If anyone is interested, let me know and I will tell you where to pick up

Ted,

When it gets to a "stable" point, send it to me and I'll add it to the 
list of batch updates for FWTK.ORG...

(P.S. I am still working to get FWTK to have a GNU-like license...)

-- 
--Keith Young
[email-masked]

---

---

From: Ted Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:50:12 -0500 (EST)

Keith,

the patches are so large that I tend to pass it out as complete source
tarball - just for the smap/smapd part.  There are also additional source
programs not part of the original fwtk that help make up this package.
I've hesitated posting a public version due to possible tis licensing
issues.  Your closer to this than I am, what do your recommend?

tek

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Keith Young wrote:

> You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]

---

---

From: "MARCON Michel, CETU/SG/Informatique" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:18:21 +0100

Hi.

I'm interested to get your version of Smap. Where is it ???
TYA

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Ted Keller [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Envoyé : samedi 5 janvier 2002 05:07
> À : fwtk-users
> Objet : [fwtk-users] smap updates
> 
> 
> [email-masked]

---