Subject: [fwtk-users] "n2a get_local_info" error log

From: lebayle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:51:45 +0100 (MET)

Since I installed some extensions (block lists) to smap, I sometimes get 
"smap[9394]: n2a get_local_info: open to get interface configuration: No 
such file or directory", apparently only when marking a message as being 
spam (i.e. adding a specific field in the message header). 

The issue was raised on the list but never addressed ...
Does anybody have a clue (I suspect either the chrooted environment or a 
problem of cross-compilation - compiled with gcc/Solaris7 and ran on 
Solaris2.5) ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bruno LEBAYLE ([email-masked])
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility - Grenoble, FRANCE

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:55:50 -0500

>problem of cross-compilation - compiled with gcc/Solaris7 and ran on

This is a classic case of what UNIX error messages are for - put the 
message into a search and see what pops out. So, use your OS sources and 
grep. :-)

A Google search for "n2a get_local_info" shows that this is reported by 
WU-FTPD users and NTPD users as well. However, there doesn't appear to be 
any answers. You can try looking in your resolver library for a "n2a" 
module; perhaps a "strings" command on that will give some hints about what 
file is missing. I'm sure it's something missing from the chroot area.
         -Rick

---