Subject: [fwtk-users] Help! Scripting errror occurring ONLY behind the fwtk

From: "Don" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:26:22 -0500

Hi,

I am using the FWTK 2.1 on RH 6.2.  I am getting an "unterminated string literal" JavaScript error on a site I'm working on
http://www.vitavet.com

I suspect that the FWTK is the culprit; here is my reasoning.  The site runs fine from my house, my friends house and my sisters
house, etc...  I only get the error here at work (I don't know anyone else running FWTK).

In a moment of inspiration, I logged directly on to our in-house web server and tried vitavet.com.  Guess what, no error.

We run a LAN connected to a proxy server with a software based firewall (Linux FWTK) installed.  The difference is that our users
(including myself) are located behind the firewall while the server has direct access to the internet (no firewall).

Conclusion: I suspect this is a software issue with the FWTK.

FYI, the line of code where the error occurs is below (all one line - no line break).  It looks like the FWTK is reaching a limit
and truncating my line of code.  Is there a new patch for this or have I found a new bug?

<body bgcolor=#FFFFFF
onLoad="MM_preloadImages('images/slices/topnav/viewb_vitavet.com.gif','images/slices/topnav/contactb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices
/topnav/securityb_vitavet_com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomeb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub1a_vitavet-com.gi
f','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub2a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub3a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/wel
comesubbottom_vitavet-co.gif','images/slices/topnav/shoppingb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub1a_vitavet-com.gif',
'images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub2a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub3a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shop
pingsubbottom_vitavet-c.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub1a_vitavet-com.gif','
images/slices/topnav/shippingsub2a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub3a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shipp
ingsub4a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub5a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub6a_vitavet-com.gif',
'images/slices/topnav/careb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub1a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub2a_vitave
t-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub3a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub4a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/c
aresub5a_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresubbottom_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub1b_vitavet-com.gif','
images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub1b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub1b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/cares
ub1b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub2b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub2b_vitavet-com.gif','imag
es/slices/topnav/shippingsub2b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub2b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub3b_
vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub3b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub3b_vitavet-com.gif','images/s
lices/topnav/caresub3b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub4b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub4b_vitavet
-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub5b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub5b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topna
v/shippingsub6b_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/homeleft/brandsb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/homeleft/categorizedb_vitavet-com.g
if','images/slices/homeleft/nameb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/homeleft/opportunitiesb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/homeleft/f
aveb_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/homeleft/friendb_vitavet-com.gif','images/general/gob_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/we
lcomesub1c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub2c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/welcomesub3c_vitavet-com.gif',
'images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub1c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shoppingsub2c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shop
pingsub3c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub1c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub2c_vitavet-com.gif'
,'images/slices/topnav/shippingsub3c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub4c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shi
ppingsub5c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/shippingsub6c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub1c_vitavet-com.gif','i
mages/slices/topnav/caresub2c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub3c_vitavet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub4c_vita
vet-com.gif','images/slices/topnav/caresub5c_vitavet-com.gif')" leftmargin="2" topmargin="0" marginwidth="2" marginheight="0">

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:57:15 -0500

I'm not where I can check on this quickly, but I'd suggest comparing
the length of that somewhat long line to the length of the input
buffer, and expanding the latter, if necessary.  This might necessitate
still other changes.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   This message is not an official statement of OSIS Center policies.

---