Subject: [fwtk-users] proxying to an ftp server using a non standard port

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:38:38 +1000

I am trying to use ftp-gw as a reverse proxy within my dmz so that external
clients can ftp to the proxy and their requests can be relayed to an
internal ftp server.
The issue is that the internal ftp server is using a non standard port for
the control channel (i.e. not 21)

Ideally i would like to have ftp-gw listening on port 21 and then when a
request comes in to be able to connect to an internal server that is
listening to another port.

I have so far tried two approaches -

first is running the default setup when a client connects to the proxy and
then specifies a user as <username>@<hostname>. (This doesn't pose too many
security holes as there is a firewall between the proxy and the internal
network so there is not way of connecting to another server other than the
intended one). Anyway it seems that there is no way in specifying a
specific port this way.

second approach was to install the "plug capability" patch written by Kevin
P. Fleming that allows a reverse proxy type configuration. This works great
as a reverse proxy! but it seems it still doesn't allow a port definition
either.

Is there any way to achieve my desired result?

thanks in advance

**********************************************************************
This  email  is  intended  solely  for the use of the addressee
and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.
If you receive this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the email immediately.
**********************************************************************

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]