Subject: [fwtk-users] Undefined Symbol - connection_ id

From: "DiGeronimo,Sergio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:32:00 -0400

Hello, I would appreciate your help...
I am trying to install the ftp-proxy components of the FWTK version 2.1 on
Solaris 2.8 SPARC system

I am encountering the following error when running 'make';

gcc -g -o ftp-igw ftp-igw.o ftp-misc.o bindport.o ../libfwall.a ../libauth.a
-lresolv -lsocket -lnsl
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
connection_id                       ftp-igw.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ftp-igw
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftp-igw'

Appreciate your help - thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sergio Di Geronimo
Network Analyst 
Siemens Business Services Canada Inc.

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:13:43 -0400

>Appreciate your help - thanks in advance!

I can't find anything in my FWTK 2.1 distribution matching ftp-igw.* or 
bindport.*
What are you building? What directory off the fwtk distribution is this 
ftp-igw in?
         -Rick

---

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 20:31:43 -0400

At 08:45 AM 5/16/02 -0400, DiGeronimo,Sergio wrote:
>The ftp-igw (and ftp-ogw) is in ../fwtk/ftp-gw2/

That's not part of fwtk; a google search finds a reference on the firewalls 
mailing list - 
http://lists.gnac.net/pipermail/firewalls/1995-May/010476.html - where 
Simon J. Gerraty describes it (a split, two-part ftp-gw for use on separate 
inside and outside bastion hosts.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the code, so can't suggest a fix.
         -Rick

---