Subject: [fwtk-users] Use of firewall toolkit as your company's firewall

From: Andrew Price <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:08:57 +0100

Apologies if you receive this more than once, I've had some trouble
sending it.

I've noticed a number of messages in the firewall toolkit list archives
regarding use of the toolkit software as part of a company's firewall.
By this I mean protecting yourself from third parties (and/or the
Internet) by using the software. I do not mean use of it in any sense of

making a product or distributing it with a product.

The comments from the archives indicate that the toolkit licence allows
you to do this, however we have been in discussion with Secure Computing

(who bought Gauntlet this year)  and they have stated that we need to
purchase Gauntlet licences to cover our use of the toolkit. This will of

course involve a considerable spend by us to do this.

The comments in the archives seem to be from non TIS/Gauntlet/NAI
personnel. My
question to the mailinig list is therefore - does anybody have anything
direct from TIS/Gauntlet/NAI confirming that use of the toolkit within a

commercial organisation is within the scope of the licence,
alternatively does anyone have anything they could share regarding
having purchased any licences to cover their use of the toolkit

Thanks

Andrew

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays
Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group
for operational or business reasons.

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]