Subject: [fwtk-users] FW-Gateway and VPN-Gateway

From: Markus Schreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:48:39 +0200

Hello all,
i've set up a Linux-Box with FWTK. It resides between my LAN and the
internet. No IP-forwarding is allowed. My LAN uses private IP-Adresses.
I can use up to eight oficial fixed adresses on the internet-side.

I know want to set up a VPN-Box to do remote access over the internet.
The question i have is: Where should i put it?

I tend to put it next to my FWTK-GW. But i'm not shure if that is any
good. My idea would look like that:

LAN ----+------ FWTK ----+------ Internet
private |                |       official
IP      |                |       IP
           +------ VPN-GW --+

Thank you for any advice.

Markus

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Inform. (FH)    ORDIX AG                                 \\|||//
Markus Schreier       Kreuzberger Ring 13   mailto:[email-masked]  o   ô
Consultant            D-65205 Wiesbaden     Tel:0611/77840-00     ^
Systeme & Netze       http://www.ordix.de   Fax:0611/77840-11   `---´
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]