Subject: [fwtk-users] Problems with ftp-gw

From: Markus Schreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:47:33 +0100

Hello all,
im expiriencing problems using ftp-gw. I'm not shure if it's the 
gateways fault. But other ways to the same server seem to work all wright.
Can anybody tell me if there is a version working with some more 
ftp-servers (e.g. ftp.nai.com)? Where can i get it? Are there patches i 
need?

To give you enough information here are things i found out so far:

It seems that im using ftwk 2.0 (how can i find out?) with ftp-gw 1.17.

ftp-gw has the path 2.9 compiled in, which makes it to be version 1.17.
Also there seem to be some Patches in it:
 From Wiliam L.Hamlin -name -Parameter
 From Wiliam L.Hamlin connect-from -Parameter

Hope some one has a working version for me.

Thanks a lot

Markus

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Inform. (FH)    ORDIX AG                                 \\|||//
Markus Schreier       Kreuzberger Ring 13   mailto:[email-masked]  o   ô
Consultant            D-65205 Wiesbaden     Tel:0611/77840-00     ^
Systeme & Netze       http://www.ordix.de   Fax:0611/77840-11   `---´
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Joseph S D Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:36:23 -0500

> To give you enough information here are things i found out so far:

OK, would you mind giving us some information about why you think that
it isn't working?  What are you trying to do?  What do you see?  What
do the logs show?  What do you observe afterwards on source and target
systems?

Thanks.

-- 
Joe Yao				[email-masked] - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   This message is not an official statement of OSIS Center policies.

---

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:17:33 +0300

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Actually the whole ftp-gw thing is the ugliest hack in the toolkit.
Someone should rewrite it. I planned that but looks like i have no time for now :(
Any volunteers ;-)?
                                     _     _  _  _  _      _  _
 {::} {::} {::}  CU in Hell          _| o |_ | | _|| |   / _||_|   |_ |_ |_
 (##) (##) (##)        /Arkan#iD    |_  o  _||_| _||_| /   _|  | o |_||_||_|
 [||] [||] [||]            Do i believe in Bible? Hell,man,i've seen one!

---