Subject: [fwtk-users] Problems with the netperm-table configuration

From: "Juan Torres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:29:50 +0100

Hello,
	I'm trying to configure the TIS FWTK, and I have read all the
documentation, but the netperm-table rules don't work as I expect. For
example, the permit-hosts <IP address> rule is to decide from which
addresses you can connect to, but it works as if it was to decide the
destination addresses, and options as -dest <IP address> or -dest !<IP
address> doesn't do anything, so I can't deny any destination.

I'm using the SuSE Linux 8.0, and now I'm working only with one
computer, so I always try to connect from the server where the fwtk is
installed (I don't know if the problem could be there)

Please, It would very important for me if anybody could help me, this is
my project to finish my University studies (I have to install the fwtk
and then, study the source code to understand how it works) :-)

Thank you very much

	Torres.

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:44:56 -0500

At 02:35 AM 12/6/02 +0100, Juan Torres wrote:

>         Hello,
>
>         IR17;m trying to configure the TIS FWTK, and I have read all 
> the documentation, but the netperm-table rules dont work as I expect. 
> For example, the permit-hosts <IP address> rule is to decide from 
> which addresses you can connect to, but it works as if it was to 
> decide the destination addresses, and options as R11;dest <IP 
> address> or R11;dest !<IP address> doesnt do anything, so I cant deny 
> any destination.

First, fix your e-mail client. It's apparently some brain-dead 
Microsoft thing that encodes characters strangely - I don't know what 
"R11;dest <IP address>" means.

Then, what proxy are you trying to configure? Is it correct to assume 
that you're trying to set up destination blocking?

Something like the following should work:
ftp-gw: permit-hosts <ip> -dest { 1.2.3.4, !5.6.7.8 }
         -Rick

---