Subject: [fwtk-users] RE: SMAP

From: "Randal, Phil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:17:59 -0000

The "MAIL FROM: <>" line is a delivery notification message, which must be
accepted by all mailers (RFC2821 section 6.1, if I recall correctly).
 
Cheers,
 
Phil
---------------------------------------------
Phil Randal
Network Engineer
Herefordshire Council
Hereford, UK 

-----Original Message-----
From: Hutchison, Chris [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 02 December 2002 13:53
To: fwtk-users
Subject: [fwtk-users] SMAP

Not sure if this went through the first time. 

I am having two new problems with smap.  Both cause the following error: 

Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2624]: connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30
Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2625]: connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30
Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2627]: connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30
Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2620]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 

Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2618]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 
Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2629]: connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30
Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2621]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 

Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2630]: connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30
Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2627]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 

Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2636]: connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30
Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2629]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 

Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2630]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 
Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2634]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 
Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2633]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 
Nov 29 11:13:55 smtp4 smap[2636]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error),
aborting 

It only appears to happen from internal connections, specifically from
Microsoft Exchange. The session shown below also causes a SIGSEGV error.
Note the MAIL FROM: <>  line. I'm guessing an empty from line is not valid??
This may be normal behaviour for smap for outbound traffic however the error
doesn't happen for inbound.

polar:/home/admin% telnet cor_smtp4 25 
Trying 192.168.201.244... 
Connected to smtp4.bws.com. 
Escape character is '^]'. 
220 smtp4 SMTP/smap Ready. 
EHLO diamond.bri.bws.com 
500 Command unrecognized 
HELO diamond.bri.bws.com 
250 (diamond.bri.bws.com) pleased to meet you. 
MAIL FROM:<> 
250 <>... Sender OK 
RCPT TO:<[email-masked]> 
250 <[email-masked]> OK 
DATA 
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself 
Connection closed by foreign host. 
polar:/home/admin% 

As a result of this error my smap spool directory is quickly filling with
empty sma?????? files. Any thoughts? 

Chris 

--- 
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked] 
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked] 

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]