Subject: [fwtk-users] SMAP

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:36:43 -0500

[I'm redirecting this for Chris Hutchinson - his messages appear to not 
be making it to the list. Please reply to him at 
<[email-masked]>.
         -Rick

Not sure if this went through the first time.

I am having two new problems with smap.  Both cause the following error:

Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2624]: connect 
host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30 Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2625]: 
connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30 Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 
smap[2627]: connect host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30 Nov 29 11:13:52 
smtp4 smap[2620]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation error), aborting

Nov 29 11:13:52 smtp4 smap[2618]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation 
error), aborting
Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2629]: connect 
host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30 Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2621]: 
received SIGSEGV (segmentation error), aborting

Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2630]: connect 
host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30 Nov 29 11:13:53 smtp4 smap[2627]: 
received SIGSEGV (segmentation error), aborting

Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2636]: connect 
host=exng.tbs.ca/192.168.201.30 Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2629]: 
received SIGSEGV (segmentation error), aborting

Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2630]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation 
error), aborting
Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2634]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation 
error), aborting
Nov 29 11:13:54 smtp4 smap[2633]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation 
error), aborting
Nov 29 11:13:55 smtp4 smap[2636]: received SIGSEGV (segmentation 
error), aborting

It only appears to happen from internal connections, specifically from 
Microsoft Exchange. The session shown below also causes a SIGSEGV 
error.  Note the MAIL FROM: <>  line. I'm guessing an empty from line 
is not valid?? This may be normal behaviour for smap for outbound 
traffic however the error doesn't happen for inbound.

polar:/home/admin% telnet cor_smtp4 25
Trying 192.168.201.244...
Connected to smtp4.bws.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp4 SMTP/smap Ready.
EHLO diamond.bri.bws.com
500 Command unrecognized
HELO diamond.bri.bws.com
250 (diamond.bri.bws.com) pleased to meet you.
MAIL FROM:<>
250 <>... Sender OK
RCPT TO:<[email-masked]>
250 <[email-masked]> OK
DATA
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
Connection closed by foreign host.
polar:/home/admin%

As a result of this error my smap spool directory is quickly filling 
with empty sma?????? files. Any thoughts?

Chris

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]