Subject: [fwtk-users] More info on the Folder View problem

From: "Michael St. Laurent" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:33:53 -0800

It seems that the problem is that once "Enable folder view for FTP sites" is
enabled, IE insists on using passive mode with a PASV command instead of a
PORT command.

What's the best option for getting PASV to work in http-gw?

According to the patches page the 'gopu' patch is for version 2.0 instead of
2.1.  Also, as far as I can see it's not a patch but rather replacement
source files.

-- 
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation

---
You are currently subscribed to fwtk-users as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Rick Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 17:47:15 -0500

>What's the best option for getting PASV to work in http-gw?

You're using ftp-gw, not http-gw. Or, what you're saying makes no sense.
When you use the http-gw as a ftp proxy, the web browser sends a "GET 
ftp:// HTTP/1.0" format request to the http-gw; it then does all the 
FTP accesses from within the web proxy and returns the ftp information 
in html format.

I don't know what happens between the browser and the proxy when you 
enable folder view, but there's no way, given the protocol that's 
involved, for the browser to ask the proxy to format the FTP site 
differently. (Specifically, the PASV command is illegal at this point, 
since the protocol between the browser and the proxy is HTTP, not FTP.)
         -Rick

---